Author Topic: Burke 2 yr olds  (Read 4790 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

jupiter

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2473
Burke 2 yr olds
« on: June 13, 2024, 02:43:38 PM »
It looks like about 1/3 are home bred's. Last year was about 20%. A really nice string of 3 yr old's, Carl Allen on steroids. Wouldn't be surprised if it was 1/2 this year. They've kept more and more mares each year. Most of the home bred's look as good or better than a lot of the things I see sales ring. sWould love to know what their home bred's would bring in the ring. No bid ups

kooter for hipin

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 529
Re: Burke 2 yr olds
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2024, 08:52:26 PM »


Is Burke one of God's Chosen People?

Facts

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 108
Re: Burke 2 yr olds
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2024, 09:06:11 PM »
No one will ever compare to the Burke’s

kooter for hipin

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 529
Re: Burke 2 yr olds
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2024, 09:15:41 PM »
No one will ever compare to the Burke’s

Yup! You are a simpleton and a non-Gentile.

shotgunner

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
Re: Burke 2 yr olds
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2024, 09:59:20 PM »
That sweet Lou filly that dropped a back half in 55 at the meadows couple weeks back looks like the real deal, and the colt that ripped off a huge last quarter looked even better. Both sweet Lou home breds for the brigade.

SDST2009

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 781
Re: Burke 2 yr olds
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2024, 10:10:36 PM »
They train the shit out of them, and if they survive, they'll make good horses. Easy to employ that tactic when you have as many as they do.

shotgunner

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 620
Re: Burke 2 yr olds
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2024, 10:30:43 PM »
They train the shit out of them, and if they survive, they'll make good horses. Easy to employ that tactic when you have as many as they do.

The number of babies they get to the races would suggest that it’s not an attrition based program.

They do train the shit out of the older horses though. 1000%

LUCPARK

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 57875
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: Burke 2 yr olds
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2024, 10:35:15 PM »
He has a nice  two yr old Indy colt they paid 100 k

Qualify this morning. In 55
Very impressive
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

SDST2009

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 781
Re: Burke 2 yr olds
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2024, 10:43:44 PM »
The number of babies they get to the races would suggest that it’s not an attrition based program.

They do train the shit out of the older horses though. 1000%

I don't keep a real close eye on how many they start with in training as 2yos versus how many make it and then go forward, but someone else who gets a lot of flak on here (see the Ponzi thread) gets an insane percentage to the races, at the detriment to the horse.

I am not saying there's not some logic to that. High numbers, get them going, and the tough training weeds out the lame, the ones with no try, etc. It's not how I'd do it, but I also don't have the $$ backing these outfits. I personally would not give a baby to them. I would give an established horse with some go to it to them. Which, quite frankly, they end up buying a lot of the time anyway.

seen2much

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3001
Re: Burke 2 yr olds
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2024, 06:24:37 AM »
No horses in the N.A. Cup? I see nothing in the Goodtimes too. Those are two big three year old races.
The Canadian's did a good job defending their turf. I don't remember Canadian owners, drivers, & trainers winning like that.

Anakin

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 558
Re: Burke 2 yr olds
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2024, 10:04:03 AM »
I don't keep a real close eye on how many they start with in training as 2yos versus how many make it and then go forward, but someone else who gets a lot of flak on here (see the Ponzi thread) gets an insane percentage to the races, at the detriment to the horse.

I am not saying there's not some logic to that. High numbers, get them going, and the tough training weeds out the lame, the ones with no try, etc. It's not how I'd do it, but I also don't have the $$ backing these outfits. I personally would not give a baby to them. I would give an established horse with some go to it to them. Which, quite frankly, they end up buying a lot of the time anyway.

My opinion on the Burke stable with young horses is they try to get all they can out of their 2 year olds, and a lot of them don't come back good at 3.

SDST2009

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 781
Re: Burke 2 yr olds
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2024, 01:17:05 PM »
My opinion on the Burke stable with young horses is they try to get all they can out of their 2 year olds, and a lot of them don't come back good at 3.

Agree 100%. And if they do survive and come back strong, they're superb horses.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • wiggles44: Have some water Mike #2
    Today at 07:02:15 PM
  • Trigger: Two plop faggots, turned into bitches, I mean Chihuahua Cock and G have more juice than you two here  ;D
    Today at 06:56:52 PM
  • Trigger: Kirby let's find out where Calhoun is going to be next, I promise I'll show since he always does  ngc3
    Today at 06:55:53 PM
  • Trigger: Mispells his own shit
    Today at 06:46:08 PM
  • Trigger: Ace*
    Today at 06:45:50 PM
  • Trigger: Ac
    Today at 06:45:45 PM
  • Trigger: I'm Kirby's Sce dildo extroidinaire  tmbz1 73cv.2 ;D
    Today at 06:45:39 PM
  • Trigger: ohhhhh  ngc3
    Today at 06:45:20 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal