Author Topic: Owners license  (Read 1897 times)

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
Re: Owners license
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2023, 01:26:21 PM »
An owner is an owner in my opinion. As to losing the 1%ers how does that effect racing other than lining the pockets of certain trainers. Harness racing needs more people interested in the sport rather than people who need to brag to their friends and get their picture taken. Make everyone abide by the same I have to..its that simple
The 1%ers bring their family and friends to the track. Most of the friends never even knew harness racing existed before. There have also been quite a few that transitioned to full owners.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2023, 03:00:25 PM »
I also believe that any owner no matter of percentage should be subject to the background check! The minority owners could be programmed as"All Aboard Stable " or something similar. Getting EVERY owner licensed will eliminate previously disqualified individuals from being able to own horses anonymously!¡

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2023, 03:50:07 PM »
I also believe that any owner no matter of percentage should be subject to the background check! The minority owners could be programmed as"All Aboard Stable " or something similar. Getting EVERY owner licensed will eliminate previously disqualified individuals from being able to own horses anonymously!¡

That’s funny. Any disqualified person can own as many horses as they want. As long as they got cash. Plenty of trainers have owners that are not listed on the papers for 1 reason or another

Meadow Ford

• Open / FFA
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2023, 04:53:39 PM »
How many states have you been/are currently licensed in past/present?  Asking for a friend or 2!
Are you asking everyone?
If so,
Starting with an IL. gooms license in 1963.
A picture badge that I still have.
I have been licensed in FL. KY. MD. MI. MN. NJ. NY. OH. PA.and Canada(Blue Bonnets).
Also raced at WI. fairs, but only need a USTA license there.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

brownmoose13

• Top Claimer
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2023, 05:39:20 PM »
The 1%ers bring their family and friends to the track. Most of the friends never even knew harness racing existed before. There have also been quite a few that transitioned to full owners.

According to Amac who was asked by 2 different people the number of people who first dipped their toe in the water and then went on to own 10% or more was 9. I have no idea how harness racing would survive without these 9. It also sounds like you are one of the 1%ers but I could be wrong

brownmoose13

• Top Claimer
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2023, 05:41:18 PM »
[/quote

Great point as I never thought about background checks and fingerprinting.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2023, 08:34:25 PM »
According to Amac who was asked by 2 different people the number of people who first dipped their toe in the water and then went on to own 10% or more was 9. I have no idea how harness racing would survive without these 9. It also sounds like you are one of the 1%ers but I could be wrong
AMac is a scam artist. Ask Stutzman or Steacy. They have had plenty go on. There was also a group in the states years ago. Horseman’s financial and premier racing that graduated a bunch

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal