Author Topic: And NOW??  (Read 33191 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

JIDGE

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 373
Re: And NOW??
« Reply #105 on: October 02, 2023, 10:08:49 AM »
I think if you scroll down to the equine chart, variations of the Q type is 99% in standardbreds

https://eclinpath.com/hemostasis/transfusion-medicine/blood-types/

I was directed to this link from the Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington to answer the question on horse's blood type:

https://paulickreport.com/features/ask-your-veterinarian/ask-your-veterinarian-presented-by-equistro-do-horses-have-blood-types/#:~:text=The%20vast%20majority%20of%20Thoroughbreds%20%2898%20percent%29%20have,percent%20of%20Standardbreds%20have%20the%20Q%20blood%20type.

This basically holds true what I was told by a Vet. Most TBs and Standardbreds have A. No Q in a Standardbred. Interesting to note Trotters and Pacers blood varies with Trotters having more A.
Not sure why your article contradicts or does it -- I don't understand the verbage, but Rood and Riddle is one of the go to Equine hospitals in the country.

MIKE CAMPBELL

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2812
Re: And NOW??
« Reply #106 on: October 02, 2023, 10:14:33 AM »
I was directed to this link from the Rood and Riddle Equine Hospital in Lexington to answer the question on horse's blood type:

https://paulickreport.com/features/ask-your-veterinarian/ask-your-veterinarian-presented-by-equistro-do-horses-have-blood-types/#:~:text=The%20vast%20majority%20of%20Thoroughbreds%20%2898%20percent%29%20have,percent%20of%20Standardbreds%20have%20the%20Q%20blood%20type.

This basically holds true what I was told by a Vet. Most TBs and Standardbreds have A. No Q in a Standardbred. Interesting to note Trotters and Pacers blood varies with Trotters having more A.
Not sure why your article contradicts or does it -- I don't understand the verbage, but Rood and Riddle is one of the go to Equine hospitals in the country.
My mistake. Good article.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: Calhoun, genius shows you how to make $$$ after the race  ngc3
    Today at 11:16:20 AM
  • Calhoun: An 8-horse $2 parlay of 3/5 winners = $ 85.  Of 4/5 winners = $4/5 winners = $108... Remarkable. $$$
    Today at 11:00:16 AM
  • Dingus: I’m impressed
    Today at 09:50:46 AM
  • JT: You da man bello ;D
    October 04, 2026, 09:47:47 PM
  • dougie: Nice job BELLO!!!!!
    October 04, 2026, 09:31:49 PM
  • Trigger: You and genius are now a page 3 story, Bello SWEPT THE FIRST 8 Races at Northfield  62za.clp 62za.clp 86z.st 62za.clp 62za.clp
    October 04, 2026, 09:29:39 PM
  • andrew: and here it comes  ngc3
    October 04, 2026, 09:24:41 PM
  • Trigger: I'll take either stance, pro-Trump, anti-Trump, no matter  ;D
    October 04, 2026, 09:16:39 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal