Author Topic: Barn areas  (Read 9216 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Harness racer

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4877
Re: Barn areas
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2023, 12:33:33 PM »

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: Barn areas
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2023, 01:21:07 PM »
none..only woodbine with over 400 t bones
gotcha - thanks

Ohracing

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 293
Re: Barn areas
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2023, 04:03:36 PM »
I would say Northfield or Hoosier.  I think Northfield can stable 900-1000.  Im not sure on Hoosier but they have quite a few barns. 

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: Barn areas
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2023, 04:13:12 PM »
I would say Northfield or Hoosier.  I think Northfield can stable 900-1000.  Im not sure on Hoosier but they have quite a few barns.
Are you saying most of the horses at those track are stabled there and do not ship in?

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1066
Re: Barn areas
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2023, 08:12:47 PM »
Hawthorne has a gazillion stalls.
In the hay days of IL.harness racing they were all full.
Now they use maybe only a third.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Stan durbread

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2274
Re: Barn areas
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2023, 02:50:48 PM »
Are you saying most of the horses at those track are stabled there and do not ship in?
I would guess Northfield is about 50% stable on track. But they race a ton of races each year. Meadows is down to around 300. Haven’t been to Hoosier in 15 years but their barn area was always pretty much full

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • wiggles44: Take a break Mike :)
    Today at 02:32:36 PM
  • Trigger: I'm willing to negotiate a peace accord with Kirby & Calhoun even invite them for dinner  tmbz1 they'll have to donate their rib cages to the BBQ though  ngc3
    Today at 02:22:44 PM
  • wiggles44: You’re still here Mike?
    Today at 01:59:49 PM
  • Trigger: Kirby has to cancel his trip to real fantasy land Disney with his fake grandson  ngc3  Good thing he's fake, apple falling close to that tree  ngc3 and Kirby being angry and touchy and his fascination with Thailand  ;D
    Today at 01:27:50 PM
  • Dingus: Dixie Highway?
    Today at 01:20:09 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Sirens all night long. Glad to get the hell out of there.
    Today at 01:12:51 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I can completely understand why Paul won't go outside. Been to his area couple years ago and believe me you dont want to go out by yourself. The local stores all had bars and cages for the cashiers
    Today at 01:10:58 PM
  • wiggles44: Better question “Trigger”, was I talking to you???
    Today at 01:05:40 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal