Author Topic: Pass the envelope, please  (Read 17356 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2615
Re: Pass the envelope, please
« Reply #30 on: July 19, 2023, 10:37:31 AM »
I was introduced to Andy Herzog by my friend Brad Sheiner (RIP) at the "Mighty M". He had a private box and people would follow him to the window. LOL! Andy's dad "Lefty", owned the Lefty's restaurant in Monticello. Best onion soup and burgers in town. Was always packed on the weekends. I saw Andy almost every night at the track. He was  a big gambler then. What has haapened to him? It's been over 30 years since i've seen him.

bello

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 5061
Re: Pass the envelope, please
« Reply #31 on: July 19, 2023, 12:13:31 PM »
If I recall correctly it was Andy who gave $$$$$ to Dennis Fawcett, Tom Merton and Danny Ricco. And as I recall a deal was reached because Andy said it was simply a loan, not an "envelope" to go dead with their horses.

Their punishment was to be tossed and not face criminal charges for those three. Tommy is back training and driving.

I saw Danny lissted to drive but there was a lat change a couple of weeks ago.

Again, this is based on my crappy memory

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: Pass the envelope, please
« Reply #32 on: July 19, 2023, 12:34:35 PM »
I was introduced to Andy Herzog by my friend Brad Sheiner (RIP) at the "Mighty M". He had a private box and people would follow him to the window. LOL! Andy's dad "Lefty", owned the Lefty's restaurant in Monticello. Best onion soup and burgers in town. Was always packed on the weekends. I saw Andy almost every night at the track. He was  a big gambler then. What has haapened to him? It's been over 30 years since i've seen him.
Last time I saw Andy was 10 years ago, the last time I had horses racing at Monti. He had a box in the deserted grandstand with TVs for simulcasting and a SAM betting machine plus the usual entourage. He also had many horses racing at the time at different tracks with that questionable outfit from Fla. Cant think of the trainer's name right down but they were somewhat successful

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: Pass the envelope, please
« Reply #33 on: July 19, 2023, 12:37:37 PM »
Langley or something like that, I think

Superfecta

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4690
Re: Pass the envelope, please
« Reply #34 on: July 19, 2023, 01:24:25 PM »
Langley or something like that, I think

Didn’t he use Tracey and Josh ?

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: Pass the envelope, please
« Reply #35 on: July 19, 2023, 02:07:00 PM »
Yes  The Brainards    my brain aint clicking today   sucks getting old

Don and Tracy Brainard, right?

Superfecta

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4690
Re: Pass the envelope, please
« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2023, 02:42:22 PM »
Yes  The Brainards    my brain aint clicking today   sucks getting old

Don and Tracy Brainard, right?

Don was her father. He might have been out of the picture. The stable was in Tracey’s name but Josh Mark’s ran the show. He could certainly light em up.

Fuguzzi

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3104
Re: Pass the envelope, please
« Reply #37 on: July 19, 2023, 02:57:19 PM »
Yeah, I knew who ya meant   I do remember a time when don was listed, then tracey    of course, not Josh

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • darnoldrocks: Tigger, you are the bullshit !!!
    October 02, 2026, 11:22:22 PM
  • Trigger: tmbz1 Belmont, Keeneland, Woodbine & Red Mile, Dayton, Mohawk and other tracks, big names, big races...TOMORROW!  Can you dig it suckas! Give the bullshit a breather, if you're smart, I'm gonna!  tmbz1
    October 02, 2026, 11:02:03 PM
  • Trigger: Didn't look at the form I deserve that!
    October 02, 2026, 09:55:11 PM
  • Trigger: Hoosier late prick 4 swiss cheese / OOMM / all / all ?
    October 02, 2026, 09:36:32 PM
  • Trigger: You feel that calm wiggles, that's the fear of you and your friends.  You never posted anonymously on the group page, everyone has been smoked.  Worse shit to come if they keep raising their hand  ngc3
    October 02, 2026, 09:21:56 PM
  • wiggles44: Calm down Mike :)
    October 02, 2026, 09:11:28 PM
  • Trigger: You're talking to an army at plop that see y'all as bitches  8)
    October 02, 2026, 08:59:27 PM
  • Trigger: Got to outsmart your no show girl Calhoun the coward by simply asking for his food server's name, so working fucking awesome  ngc3
    October 02, 2026, 08:58:33 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal