Author Topic: My favorite meet is starting today.....Saratoga  (Read 3359 times)

HornbyDuke

• Elite
Re: My favorite meet is starting today.....Saratoga
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2023, 07:34:00 AM »
I only play a few races - theres limits to my $ bankroll which i prefer to allocate to sports, big m pools and weekend mohawk plays but meet reminds me of old big m cards - best from accross country come in and if you follow other track barns can get some real great prices usually early in meet. See the rice barn is still on fire. And charlie appleby has a few grass runners coming in this weekend. For awhile seemed lije that operation was unbeatable in major grass events. Why did they cool off?

dougie

• Top Claimer
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2023, 08:05:04 AM »
Like you, i pick my spots. I look at trainer/jockey combos and try and avoid those races where big name trainers have multiple entries in a race. You are right about Linda Rice. I predicted before the meet started that she would be "loaded for bear" at Saratoga. She was buying/claiming horses at Kentucky tracks and building her stock up for Saratoga. I too love Charlie Appleby on the turf. So far the weather has been good there. and big prices are always dominant in the first couple of weeks. It's a great meet!

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2023, 12:17:47 PM »
Like you, i pick my spots. I look at trainer/jockey combos and try and avoid those races where big name trainers have multiple entries in a race. You are right about Linda Rice. I predicted before the meet started that she would be "loaded for bear" at Saratoga. She was buying/claiming horses at Kentucky tracks and building her stock up for Saratoga. I too love Charlie Appleby on the turf. So far the weather has been good there. and big prices are always dominant in the first couple of weeks. It's a great meet!

Linda Rice has the magic gas
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

rainman2

• Elite
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2023, 01:30:40 AM »
Linda Rice has the magic gas

Rumor has it Linda Rice had a friend of 2 in the race secretary's office of at least 1 track making her life easier to classify horses!!

Google it for yourselves----quite a few articles on this!

« Last Edit: July 28, 2023, 01:33:02 AM by rainman2 »

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2023, 11:31:44 AM »
A classic venue for racing but the inconsistency of the judges just makes me mad. Irad Ortiz Jr is going to kill someone one day. With all his talent he should have been disqualified multiple times in this meet. They finally DQ’d him and gave him 3 days for the upcoming week. Why they didn’t DQ him in the $500,000 Jim Dandy is beyond me. His infraction in this race was worse than the one they DQ’d him the day before. Is it because Repole is the owner and the trainer is Pletcher? I don’t know but it looks very bad to me. I will add that both Gary Stevens and Richard Migliore both thought Irad should have been DQ’d.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2023, 12:24:43 PM »
It does boggle the mind how many times he can be given a hall pass.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #36 on: August 04, 2023, 07:04:54 AM »
A classic venue for racing but the inconsistency of the judges just makes me mad. Irad Ortiz Jr is going to kill someone one day. With all his talent he should have been disqualified multiple times in this meet. They finally DQ’d him and gave him 3 days for the upcoming week. Why they didn’t DQ him in the $500,000 Jim Dandy is beyond me. His infraction in this race was worse than the one they DQ’d him the day before.

Is it because Repole is the owner and the trainer is Pletcher?

I don’t know but it looks very bad to me. I will add that both Gary Stevens and Richard Migliore both thought Irad should have been DQ’d.
Yes

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal