Author Topic: Ron Burke has had his feelings hurt.  (Read 3196 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Re: Ron Burke has had his feelings hurt.
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2023, 10:08:06 PM »
Pretty cool. Some of the big guys still train that way in Florida during the winter months. Enjoyable to watch.
Cool!   TY  Hard to put into words how much I miss those days. Harness racing 1980 to 2000   give or take a few years was, at least to my way of thinking, the best ever. I lived and breathed it every second of every day. I just cant feel the same way about today's product.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2023, 10:19:11 PM »
Cool!   TY  Hard to put into words how much I miss those days. Harness racing 1980 to 2000   give or take a few years was, at least to my way of thinking, the best ever. I lived and breathed it every second of every day. I just cant feel the same way about today's product.

Svanstedts train that way at his farm, but a majority of the Swedes still train in that style.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2023, 07:03:42 AM »
Does anyone know if Burke ships in or is stabled on the grounds at HP?
They do have cameras all the barn area now@ HP

Generation XYZ

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2023, 08:57:54 AM »
Does anyone know if Burke ships in or is stabled on the grounds at HP?
They do have cameras all the barn area now@ HP

He was shipping in from a training center nearby, and from his Ohio barn.

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2023, 09:03:26 AM »
I looked up stats on Trackmaster. Burke started 0-27 at Hoosier. It's strange since he was killing it everywhere else.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2023, 09:31:01 AM »
From 01/01/2023 thru 06/09/2023            
Burke Ron   40   6   5   8
                     15%   13%   20%

Thats an interesting drop in performance.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2023, 11:27:10 AM »
The whining and moaning, blabbing, was the start of Richard "Rick" E. Dutrow's Jr. downfall, where he got ev1s attention with Big Brown, steroids, Belmont Stakes performance - the Congressional committee 15 years ago - and he was a die hard gonna show and testify....

Until he got very sick, and then banded!  ngc3
« Last Edit: June 09, 2023, 11:30:46 AM by Senator Blutarsky »
It's Official!

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2023, 11:29:42 AM »
I looked up stats on Trackmaster. Burke started 0-27 at Hoosier. It's strange since he was killing it everywhere else.
That's not a lot of starters.  2nds/3rds? 

Generation XYZ

• Elite
« Reply #23 on: June 09, 2023, 11:35:54 AM »
The whining and moaning, blabbing, was the start of Richard "Rick" E. Dutrow's Jr. downfall, where he got ev1s attention with Big Brown, steroids, Belmont Stakes performance - the Congressional committee 15 years ago - and he was a die hard gonna show and testify....

Until he got very sick, and then banded!  ngc3

That's exactly what happened, but finding it hard to believe he was 100% out of horse business and racing until his recent return. Suddenly he has owners sending horses from other good trainers, and a barn full at Monmouth and Belmont. But he believes it only appears coincidental.  ngc3

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #24 on: June 09, 2023, 11:38:08 AM »
When Macomber left, Burke started downsizing his Indiana operation I think. Doesn’t buy too manny babies out there now compared to a few years back.

But really, who wants to ship in to a place and being told your horses are auto tosses from someone employed by the track?

Generation XYZ

• Elite
« Reply #25 on: June 09, 2023, 11:40:54 AM »
When Macomber left, Burke started downsizing his Indiana operation I think. Doesn’t buy too manny babies out there now compared to a few years back.

But really, who wants to ship in to a place and being told your horses are auto tosses from someone employed by the track?

The economics of his base in PA, NJ, and OH. Is pretty much the main focus. It doesnt make much sense to race in IN.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2023, 11:42:22 AM »
That's exactly what happened, but finding it hard to believe he was 100% out of horse business and racing until his recent return. Suddenly he has owners sending horses from other good trainers, and a barn full at Monmouth and Belmont. But he believes it only appears coincidental.  ngc3

Good point, maybe he deployed a beard colony upon exit!  73cv.2

He won his very "official" race back too, not that great ever since.  HP members were too distracted to catch his return before it happened.

https://www.equibase.com/profiles/Results.cfm?type=People&searchType=T&eID=110865

What makes this a great forum if we focus we catch things as they're happening, also fearless to pick up a phone / use email and call a track, trainer, driver and get the 411 on whatever is on our mind, or go wild on regulatory.  tmbz1
It's Official!

Superfecta

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2023, 12:30:52 PM »

What makes this a great forum if we focus we catch things as they're happening, also fearless to pick up a phone / use email and call a track, trainer, driver and get the 411 on whatever is on our mind, or go wild on regulatory.  tmbz1

I find that when you call a track, trainer or driver you are always spoken down to and lied to so I don’t bother anymore. That’s also why the trainer/driver interviews usually suck. More lies most of the time.

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2023, 12:40:04 PM »
I find that when you call a track, trainer or driver you are always spoken down to and lied to so I don’t bother anymore. That’s also why the trainer/driver interviews usually suck. More lies most of the time.

I've never had that experience thus far and reported my back and forth communications herein.

The racing secretary at Jonkers now ignoring us is another story, when he's ripped in front of his parent company MGMIR and the media...he can go find something else to do.....definitely inside dealing going on there with selective horseman / parties - and the shittiest racing with the highest purses.

Joe Frasure Jr., fuck you pal!   ;D

It's Official!

Generation XYZ

• Elite
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2023, 03:24:00 PM »

Unless you get greg peck behind a camera with a mic...lol

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal