Author Topic: interesting question--Goldmans dilemma applied to horse racing.  (Read 1257 times)

bond

• Elite
Goldman's dilemma, or the Goldman dilemma, is a question that was posed to elite athletes by physician, osteopath and publicist Robert M. Goldman, asking whether they would take a drug that would guarantee them overwhelming success in sport, but cause them to die after five years. In his research, as in previous research by Mirkin, approximately half the athletes responded that they would take the drug.
This was in the 80's-and research recently ammended this to around 6% would still take it, and if it were illegal but harmless, around 12% said they would take it.Recent lower numbers reflect the changing attitudes in sport, both due to increased understanding of the risks of doping and the development of a clearer moral stance on doping.
In Harness racing or TBred racing--what numbers would you think they would come up with???--especially seeing the numbers on Fishmans list I would say nearly everyone 90%-- (except maybe 10% not)-would administer a doping agent if it were illegal,undetectable  but would kill the horse in 5 years. If it were harmless-Im guessing 95% would administer the drug-5% would race clean.
If these numbers are correct--Mr Gural is going to find very few trainers on his list racing at Meadowlands.The lower numbers in humans I dont believe has passed on to Horse racing-and it urgently needs to change IMHO.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal