Author Topic: Meadows serving up more Methadone  (Read 5114 times)

upthetrack1234

• Stakes Horse
Meadows serving up more Methadone
« on: March 03, 2022, 06:43:01 PM »
GOLDBERG, MARK ALAN Mea on 1/5/2022
POSITIVE TEST- POST RACE
WASHINGTON, PA
FINED: $5,000
FULL - 180 DAYS, 3/6/2022 THRU 9/1/2022 HORSE DISQUALIFIED - PLACED 8, PURSE REDISTRIBUTION
 PA Code Title 7-203.22,401.2 A(1),401.41, 205.33, 205.501 (14). Sample #383333 was found to contain Methadone, a Class 1 drug. Sample #383333 was provided by #6 I Saw You Blink, who finished 1st on 01/05/2022 at the Meadows, and was trained by Mr. Goldberg. Thus, #6 is disqualified and placed 8th, the purse ($4650) is ordered to be returned and redistributed, and Mr. Goldberg, the trainer of record, is fined $5000 and given a full 180 day suspension. Possible mitigating circumstances have reduced the penalty suggested by the ARCI Guidelines. During his suspension Mr.Goldberg is denied the use and privileges of all the grounds sanctioned by the Pennsylvania SHRC. All horses owned and/or trained by Mr. Goldberg may only be transferred through the judges office at the Meadows. The fine and purse return must be paid within 10 days of this ruling. Mr. Goldberg has 10 days to appeal this decision to the Pennsylvania SHRC, Bureau of

Parked

• Elite
Re: Meadows serving up more Methadone
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2022, 07:25:53 AM »
Always “mitigating circumstances”. 

silent one

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2022, 01:04:10 PM »
Methadone is Schedule II in the United States. This means it is illegal to sell without a DEA license and illegal to buy or possess without a license or prescript. Methadone may be prescribed for pain in the U.S. as well as a treatment for drug addiction.

"Possible mitigating circumstances"

They don't even know IF there were "mitigating circumstances"!!! Whoever came up with this ruling should have Methadone injected into their temples, to see how the horse felt. Not only should this clown be gone forever, but law enforcement should also have been notified. To add insult to injury, Roger Hammer got hit with a class 3 positive, and got THE EXACT SAME PENALTY!?! Another wonderful reason why harness racing deserves its fate.

Sincerely, Silent One

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2022, 02:15:14 PM »
Methadone is Schedule II in the United States. This means it is illegal to sell without a DEA license and illegal to buy or possess without a license or prescript. Methadone may be prescribed for pain in the U.S. as well as a treatment for drug addiction.

"Possible mitigating circumstances"

They don't even know IF there were "mitigating circumstances"!!! Whoever came up with this ruling should have Methadone injected into their temples, to see how the horse felt. Not only should this clown be gone forever, but law enforcement should also have been notified. To add insult to injury, Roger Hammer got hit with a class 3 positive, and got THE EXACT SAME PENALTY!?! Another wonderful reason why harness racing deserves its fate.

Sincerely, Silent One
From what I've heard it was a legit contamination positive as it was the same groom that got a different trainer (same barn) the same positive a few months ago. Hard to confirm but worth noting.   

upthetrack1234

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2022, 02:38:47 PM »
Both have been career cheaters!!! Still have to take trainer responsibility…

Enjoy the vacation Goldy

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2022, 04:10:41 PM »
Take Curby on a nice vacation, you'll both come back with smiles and start right back doing what ya do. I forget, how long is Tyler out, He'll keep everything intact at the ranch. Maybe put them in Deans name, he 's stupid enough to do it for nothing, so you could have a paid vacation. But knowing you you'll just keep doing what ya been doing for years

samstar

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2022, 07:43:15 PM »
From what I have been told, the commission knew that the groom was on methadone because it was disclosed about the  prescription by the groom before he or she had a commission ordered urine test,  The commission did not notify the trainer that the groom was toxic and thus the positive.   

The law might prevent the commission from notifying the trainer that he had and addict in his employ.

I am not defending the trainers, I am defending the situation that leaves a trainer exposed and with no way to protect himself. 

The purse should be returned, The employee should be fired or isolated from hands on work with the horses and a warning should be issued.     

You would have to be a moron to give your horse Methadone and whatever Mark and Tyler might be. neither of them is a moron.

upthetrack1234

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2022, 12:08:54 AM »
I disagree Bill. Trainer is responsible for hiring is help. Hence why there is such a thing as trainer responsibility! They should fess up, suck it up and enjoy the time off. They both are tight w Race secretary, so it will get swept under the rug. Anyone else, they management would be barring them.

They both should know what’s going on under their roofs! Funny tho, anyone who gets a positive like this it’s always a groom taking the fall.   ngc3

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2022, 10:41:31 AM »
groom easy target.

silent one

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: March 06, 2022, 04:54:42 AM »
From what I have been told, the commission knew that the groom was on methadone because it was disclosed about the  prescription by the groom before he or she had a commission ordered urine test,  The commission did not notify the trainer that the groom was toxic and thus the positive.   

The law might prevent the commission from notifying the trainer that he had and addict in his employ.

I am not defending the trainers, I am defending the situation that leaves a trainer exposed and with no way to protect himself. 

The purse should be returned, The employee should be fired or isolated from hands on work with the horses and a warning should be issued.     

You would have to be a moron to give your horse Methadone and whatever Mark and Tyler might be. neither of them is a moron.

Neither Methadone, Buprenorphine or Vivitrol will show up positive on a standard drug screen commonly used. There are more specialized drug tests that specifically can detect these medications.

Typical whoresmen bullshit. "Don't blame me, blame somebody else because I'm a moron.

"Don't blame me because I hired a heroin addict"

The whole defense boils down to either the trainer is a moron, OR an incompetent moron.

Sincerely, Silent One

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2022, 01:27:23 PM »
Crackheads, coke, pot and I'm sure heroin users, and a lot of drunks were around the Big M and all the other race tracks for years, pissing in stalls putting tongue ties on. How many positives have their actually been. Shit rolls down hill always to the groom, easiest target.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2022, 09:25:19 PM »
See the show is back in business. Ya gotta love the meadows and PHRC, circumstances, always an excuse, what a pile of crap. Have at it Tyler, you too Goldie, maybe ya dodged another bullet, but you won't stop it's to easy.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal