Author Topic: Records obliterated in NZ in two feature races  (Read 1813 times)

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
Records obliterated in NZ in two feature races
« on: November 12, 2021, 01:18:27 AM »
Sundees Son (Dexter's brother John, who can drive as good as Dex) breaks his own NZ record for 3200m (Two miles from a standing start) in 3;56 which is 4 seconds better than any trotter has ever run there and went two seconds faster than the best pacers in NZ went on Tuesday. LOL at most of the field dropping out from the half as they cannot keep up

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/infohorsews/wsd06x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=290458&Arg=hrnzg-rSite&Arg=TRUE

And the best Pacers (except for Copy That ran 2.17 for 1980 meters which is basically a mile and a quarter. which is nearly 2 seconds better than the NZ Record. They crawled the last half in 55 in that race. THIS RACETRACK IS NOT A FAST TRACK. THEY RAN THE LAST MILE IN AROUND 1:50 OF THE MILE AND A QUARTER. In an earlier race Purdon's All About Faith (Captain Treacherous) came home in 53.3 and 25.2 for last quarter.

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/infohorsews/wsd06x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=290466&Arg=hrnzg-rSite&Arg=TRUE

Mark Purdon back training after a year off won nearly every major race over the two days winning but gets beaten in NZ FFA by his girlfriend, Natalie Rasmussen with Southcoast Arden (Somebeachsomewher e) in that 2.17. She has been training the horse on the Purdon property for a few months even though it is listed under a different trainer.

Purdon and Rasmussen gave up training for a year but came back and Mark kept Hayden Cullen on as a partner until end of year. It then reverts back to Him and Natalie Rasmussen

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
Re: Records obliterated in NZ in two feature races
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 02:50:56 AM »
Thank for the info. New Zealand and Australian racing is tremendous.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2021, 11:07:55 AM »
very interesting, love that racing
i believe they are much stricter and penalties much more severe for cheaters than in north america
are these trainers and horses legit?
are the records based on better bred horses now being available, i.e. a captain treacherous

giddup

• NW-1
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2021, 12:40:10 PM »
no trotting hopples either... tmbz1

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2021, 02:38:12 PM »
Chris Ryder owns this one with Mark Purdon's HOF father Roy and it has taken him months to get back to winning form. He had an operation on his knee and up until then was the best trotter in the country (then 4yo)

He had had 10 starts this season and finally won his last two and was off the track turning for home and won for fun. He is way faster (speed) that Sundees Son but he's gonna find it hard to beat that horse the way he won that race yesterday.

I would love to see him come up here and race and since Ryder owns half of him, there might be a good chance.

https://harness.hrnz.co.nz/gws/ws/r/infohorsews/wsd06x?Arg=hrnzg-Ptype&Arg=RaceVideo&Arg=hrnzg-RacehdrID&Arg=290457&Arg=hrnzg-rSite&Arg=TRUE

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    Today at 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    Today at 12:36:34 PM
  • Janny: I guess Diddy found out it’s not easy Pimpin.
    Today at 10:57:29 AM
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal