Author Topic: Best mare in Southern hemisphere could be US Bound  (Read 6013 times)

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
Best mare in Southern hemisphere could be US Bound
« on: February 10, 2021, 03:12:46 AM »
Huge offer for Amazing Dream
10 February 2021 , News
By Michael Guerin

Auckland Cup winner Amazing Dream could be sold as soon as this weekend.

New Zealand’s best pacing mare is the centre of a huge offer from a US-based ownership group but current owner Jean Feiss says she will get through Friday night’s $100,000 Breeders Stakes at Addington before any decision is made.

Amazing Dream is a $1.25 favourite to win that group one and add it to her magnificent Auckland Cup win of six weeks ago.

But Feiss is entertaining an offer from North America that could see Amazing Dream head to the Ladyship Mile at Menangle next month over her way to a future race career in North America.

“I haven’t decided yet,” says Feiss.

“I’d be really sad to sell her but I don’t usually breed from my mares and if she does stay with me then I will retire her at the end of this season anyway.

“But no decision will be made until after the weekend.” While the New Zealand open class season slows dramatically after the Easter Cup on April 3, Amazing Dream is one horse not affected by that so any perspective buyer would have numerous Australasian-based options before any US campaign.

Not only could Amazing Dream head to the A$200,000 Ladyship Mile at Menangle but she is eligible for the Taylor Mile and Messenger at Alexandra Park and would be an unbackable favourite for the four-year-old mares division of the Jewels at Cambridge.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jean Feiss is stacks of money so it must be a huge offer for her to consider it. She owns a bunch of horses with Purdon who of course transferred the stable to Hayden Cullen.  This mare beat the boys in the Auckland Cup 2 starts ago. Looks like she is going to Aussie for the Ladyship mile. The record in that race is 1.47 and change set a few years ago at Menangle.

Foalin at 4

• Top Claimer
Re: Best mare in Southern hemisphere could be US Bound
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2021, 12:46:46 PM »
She would be a simple 50 claimer, just like Lazarus N.

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2021, 01:01:43 PM »
She would be a simple 50 claimer, just like Lazarus N.

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
He who laughs last, laughs best.

horsetruth

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2021, 03:45:48 PM »
May overpay for a mediocre US horse. She needs to be a certain type of mare to win and go big in the USA.

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2021, 06:50:39 PM »
May overpay for a mediocre US horse. She needs to be a certain type of mare to win and go big in the USA.

IMO she is the perfect type of mare to go big. She is relentless, proven against the boys, and being by Bettor's Delight out of a Christian Cullen mare will stay all day. She won the Auckland Cup against the boys as a 4yo. over 2 miles from a stand in 3.56 and she is getting better and stronger. She also beat the best 3yo's in The Northern Derby.

The horse I would like to see come over here is Copy That, a 4yo American Ideal stud. That fucker has the worst luck in his races, including the Auckland Cup where with a decent run would have won for fun. He has since beaten Spankem and company easily. He is fast and he is one tough SOB.

Anyway, time will tell if these horses even end up here.

Jazzman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2021, 08:24:03 PM »
just another horse here nothing special

horsetruth

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2021, 03:14:28 PM »
Grinding only means shit in a 2 mile race.
There are certain things to look for in a Southern Hemisphere Horse.
Mediocre horse there could be good here.
Could....

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2021, 12:17:11 AM »
Amazing Dream got beat last night and the mare that beat her is on her way to US (Watch Me Now)

http://www.harnesslink.com/News/Watch-Me-Now-s-incredible-goodbye

John Curtin as agent. Sold for big money

Harness Stats

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 04:12:50 PM »
Those are 4 year old mares .. If they come here they will have to compete with perhaps the best 4 year old mare crop ever,  Party Girl Hill, Peaky Sneaky, Lyons Sentinel and more.  Good luck if they show up.

On the other hand I noticed 3 FFA pacers that HAVE been exported to the US in the past month which is something we need with so few good horses in North America

The best of them is Ashley Locaz a 6 yr old by Bettors Delight who was just purchased by Ken Jacobs.  He was from the Purdon/Rasmussen barn and was first or second in half of his 50 starts and won almost $400,000.  He was in the Group One race when Amazing Dream beat Spankem and Copy That on New Years Eve.

The other two are On the Cards a 6 yr old Bettors Delight who has won $223,000 in 49 stats for Barry Purdon and Nandolo a 6 yr old Betterthancheddar who has won $157,000 in 47 starts

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2021, 11:21:32 PM »
Those are 4 year old mares .. If they come here they will have to compete with perhaps the best 4 year old mare crop ever,  Party Girl Hill, Peaky Sneaky, Lyons Sentinel and more.  Good luck if they show up.

On the other hand I noticed 3 FFA pacers that HAVE been exported to the US in the past month which is something we need with so few good horses in North America

The best of them is Ashley Locaz a 6 yr old by Bettors Delight who was just purchased by Ken Jacobs.  He was from the Purdon/Rasmussen barn and was first or second in half of his 50 starts and won almost $400,000.  He was in the Group One race when Amazing Dream beat Spankem and Copy That on New Years Eve.

The other two are On the Cards a 6 yr old Bettors Delight who has won $223,000 in 49 stats for Barry Purdon and Nandolo a 6 yr old Betterthancheddar who has won $157,000 in 47 starts

Actually, those 2 mares were born in November and December so they will be listed as 5yo over here. Kinda sucks to be born on December 1st and be a year older 30 days later LOL

Ashley Locaz was 3 or 4 length behind the other Purdon horses but should go good over here.  As you say, there seems to be some of the better ones coming over now. The open ranks over there are thinning out as many are sold to Australia.

Copy That is the horse I would love to see come up here. Has speed to burn and has had some awful luck in some of his races. The starter fucked him over in the NZ Cup and he missed away. The starter was fired after that. IMO, he beats them all that day.

I am wondering when Purdon pulls the trigger and comes over here with a bunch, he is extremely anal and many of his horses are now winning with new trainers.

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2021, 11:04:18 AM »
American Owners in blockbuster deal!

Major North American owners Gordon Banks and Marc Hanover have teamed up with 15 time North American Breeders Crown winning owners Richard Gutnick,Thomas Pontone, and Joseph Lozito Jr. to acquire New Zealand’s superstar four-year-old harness racing pacing mare Amazing Dream (Bettor's Delight - Christian Dreamer - Christian Cullen)!

Jean Feiss agreed to sell her four-year-old, seven time Group 1 winning mare, winner of over $890,000 for an undisclosed six figure sum to this powerhouse combine, perhaps opening the door to more significant standardbred investments in Down Under Bloodstock by this group.

Banks and Hanover have long been active Down Under and have had considerable success with Australian Breeders Crown two-year-old pacing filly winner Passions Promise, Dual Group 1 aged pacing star Majordan, NZ 2 year old Sire Stakes champion Joannes Delight, current 3 year old star American Dealer (last year’s 2 year old NZ Sire Stakes Champion), old warhorse Ouch, and the great pacing filly Tupelo Rose, amongst many others.

Banks and Hanover co-own this year’s North American two-year-old Breeder’s Crown trotting filly winner, Lady Chaos, with Gutnick, Pontone, and Lozito, so the team is hoping to build on their success together.

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2021, 10:27:01 PM »
Fuck it, this Regazzo Mach a 3yo Mach Three colt who was initially sold to Australia but the buyers pissed around, so the owner cancelled the sale and then they just came back now and offered between 500,000 and 600,000 for him and he is going to be sold to Australia. Wish he was coming here as this horse is an automatic up here. Apparently staying with trainer Nathan Williamson to race before going to Aussie. This trainer has two or three of them that can fly.  Looks like all of a sudden the good ones are being sold when they normally stay there and race.

There are 3 really good trotters over there that would do well up here. Majestic Man (Majestic Son) who wins nearly every time he runs over a mile. Gate speed out the ass. Sundee's Son (Majestic Son) trained by Dexter's father winner of 600,000 and 266,000 this year in half a dozen starts and is rated the best over there and Bolt for Brilliance a 4yo (Muscle Hill) who by this time next year will be the best over there.

Harness Stats

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2021, 03:57:07 PM »
Another top 5 yr old mare has been purchased and already exported here.   Beyond Words an Art Major who was trained by Purdon/Rasmussen has been purchased by Richard Poilucci and I guess will go to the King's. 

She won a grade 1 beating Amazing Dream on Dec 11 and was 2nd to her the week before by only a half length.  She's lightly raced with only 9 starts first or second 8 of them and banked just short of $100,000 so far. 

Looks like we will have a ton of top mares racing here this year both pace and trot.

Foalin at 4

• Top Claimer
« Reply #13 on: February 22, 2021, 06:58:20 PM »
Another top 5 yr old mare has been purchased and already exported here.   Beyond Words an Art Major who was trained by Purdon/Rasmussen has been purchased by Richard Poilucci and I guess will go to the King's. 

She won a grade 1 beating Amazing Dream on Dec 11 and was 2nd to her the week before by only a half length.  She's lightly raced with only 9 starts first or second 8 of them and banked just short of $100,000 so far. 

Looks like we will have a ton of top mares racing here this year both pace and trot.
Look out we have more top 5 year olds coming to America! And this one has made nearly $100,000 so far. Save your spit guys it's gettin old.

Harness Stats

« Reply #14 on: February 22, 2021, 07:30:59 PM »
The much hyped Regazzo Mach has barely made forty thou so far.   Seems like lifetime earnings have no effect on what people want to pay.   

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    Today at 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    Today at 12:36:34 PM
  • Janny: I guess Diddy found out it’s not easy Pimpin.
    Today at 10:57:29 AM
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal