Author Topic: Mohawk 7-14  (Read 1921 times)

HornbyDuke

• Elite
Mohawk 7-14
« on: July 14, 2020, 10:41:30 PM »
Be interested in other race fans opinion on the 8th race at Mohawk. Nice field  of nw 6k trotters at Mohawk won by a Dennis St pierre/Tiffany Staley special by the name of man of many missions at 37-1.

Hard to figure except that duo once or twice a yr pop a horse at enormous odds. Rail in mid stretch miraculously opened opened up wide enough to drive a battleship through and the beneficiary was the 6 yr old trotter St Pierre was piloting. New lifetime mark a few seconds faster than anything recently seen by this Staley charge.

Race looked funky to me which is why I've stopped playing Mohawk. A look at the late pick 5 to some might suggest that if any race were to be on the screw it would be this one. Other legs are grassroots and a high class trot.

Any other opinions? I don't see as much of this nonsense at big m as I do at mochalk.

Smalltimer7932

• Stakes Horse
Re: 8th Race at Mohawk 7 14
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2020, 10:43:01 AM »
I did not play either I find it hard currently  to make money there as alot of games played and babies trying to get in finals with points how do u pick 37/1that shows 3 second slower times than the field and last quarter speed of 28-29 others look much more playable  and of course the gapping hole on the rail that magically  opened  Duke not much money has passed lately to mohawk I've played Hawthorne  and hoosier pick my spots and some Meadowlands  and done well some days good some not but you dont see that as much at other tracks or as blatantly  done

rfuree

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2020, 11:04:27 AM »
Be interested in other race fans opinion on the 8th race at Mohawk. Nice field  of nw 6k trotters at Mohawk won by a Dennis St pierre/Tiffany Staley special by the name of man of many missions at 37-1.

Hard to figure except that duo once or twice a yr pop a horse at enormous odds. Rail in mid stretch miraculously opened opened up wide enough to drive a battleship through and the beneficiary was the 6 yr old trotter St Pierre was piloting. New lifetime mark a few seconds faster than anything recently seen by this Staley charge.

Race looked funky to me which is why I've stopped playing Mohawk. A look at the late pick 5 to some might suggest that if any race were to be on the screw it would be this one. Other legs are grassroots and a high class trot.

Any other opinions? I don't see as much of this nonsense at big m as I do at mochalk.
Watched this last night and had the exact same reaction as yours. It is really apparent when you see the front view of the stretch drive. James Macdonald left a hole that would never be left by a rail horse trying to hold his position. I know the tiring horse thing, but watch the replay and make up your own mind. As for the race time it speaks for itself

SportsmansP5/8

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2020, 11:04:49 AM »
Field was full of breakers an losers horse did same thing last week brushed up rail!!!! The 1 was FAV why on the drop never wins 2 was breaker 3 scratched 4 scratched just a bad field that someone had  to win

SportsmansP5/8

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2020, 11:06:21 AM »
What about race before that when better then bobbi pushes all favs back and 4 gets dream 2nd over or zeron getting bet 3/1 and not leaving for trip on trotter?? Alot of second guesses every nite in the north

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
Mohawk Monday's 6th...it was easy as.....
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2020, 11:32:12 AM »
1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9

rail out..finished in numerical order.
nearly a 7/8 mile young trotter impossibility...t hough faves did run 1-2

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2020, 11:32:28 AM »
Thanks for input. I thought it was respectable field of older trotters. 1 (7 yr old mare) won a 100 k last yr and trotted a 152.2 mile. The 2 (4 yr old gelding) won a $146 k last yr and the 9 won 88 k.

Lot of owners would luv those trotters. The winner I would categorize as a loser. 1 for 19 in last two yr with total of two yr winnings of $20 prior to this race.

Somebody does have to win though and I'm always suspicious at Mohawk it's the drivers.

Brown jug

• Elite
Re: Mohawk 7-14
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2020, 12:33:21 PM »
your concerns are justified as they do pop that horse very infrequently at long odds
of course st pierre is usually long odds
look at how the mile went, the two favs battled each other the 9 angles out and is flat
the 10 saves all the ground and slides up the rail
of course that is how longshot wins, not like he is going to go first over and beat them
i agree it looks a bit "off" but i think it was just a perfect circumstances
and he did win his last start in a similar way
of course the odds are based on the bettors wagering

whiptherabbit

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2020, 10:35:25 PM »
Watched this race live last night & thought nothing of the result whatsoever. 

#1- it was a short field
#2- Poor field
#3- St. Pierre could not have scripted a better trip then this. Generally when his stock pops at WEG (RARELY) they’re driven like he’s driving Colin Johnson’s stock in Montreal/Rideau 15 years ago.

Payouts weren’t off ... about 98% of the pick 5 pool dried up when he crossed the line etc... Horse just got a dream trip, nothing more nothing less...

Jazzman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2020, 12:58:11 PM »
pops this horse once a year but alwys on front when moneys down just a lucky trip in last

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: Who care's about a bunch of sand rats, Im more concerned about Joe turning this country into a 3rd world shithole.
    Today at 04:41:48 PM
  • dougie: Why can't people just talk harness racing instead of politics?
    Today at 12:11:21 AM
  • Michael Petrelli: You said that last year
    April 15, 2024, 10:18:26 PM
  • Calhoun: Someone offered 10/1 odds on SCM killing himself before the year ends. I bet $5 to win $50.
    April 15, 2024, 10:06:59 PM
  • Michael Petrelli: GOLF CART MIKE ASSHOLE!  73cv.2
    April 15, 2024, 09:40:56 PM
  • Calhoun: Shopping Cart Mike will provide you with counseling and life coaching. Takes PayPal, Venmo, credit, cards, debit card and peanuts in the shell as payment
    April 15, 2024, 09:27:34 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Counselling for what honesty? Dude get counseling for living in Delaware. Thats got to be some sort of mental illness.
    April 15, 2024, 08:12:03 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Jesus dude. You need counselling
    April 14, 2024, 04:50:48 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal