Author Topic: Messed up ADW  (Read 2043 times)

Harness Stats

Messed up ADW
« on: May 26, 2020, 12:32:05 AM »
Never seen something like this before. Xpress bet has messed up the Australian tracks racing tonight.  There are two tracks racing and they have mixed them up.  Saying one tracks race is off and racing when its the other track that is off.  Giving the wrong names and numbers on the results too.  They said a horse was SCRATCHED and didn't allow any betting on it and it WON obviously not scratched,  Then they are putting up and paying the wrong numbers according to the results and customer service is closed.

Totally messed up and no way to fix it tonight that I can see, wonder what they are going to do tomorrow when customer service opens and anybody who bet starts complaining?

Gregory Rich

• NW-1
Re: Messed up ADW
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2020, 05:08:15 AM »
I talked to customer service for you this morning Harness Stats. They apologized for the inconvenience and they are sending out a coupon for a free vegamite sandwich. Get some sleep tonight.

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2020, 07:09:40 AM »
Oh Harness Stats..
to have an opportunity like that.

I guess there was no way you could 'capitalize' on that technical calamity, or was there?
'Mixing up two tracks'  sounds like tasty opportunity to wager on a race that may have just run...as in "50 to win on #8"..as in, he just won at 7-1 seconds earlier. hmmmm.

MY OFFSHORE HIJINCKS
-my only chance for such glory, though only temporarily most likely due to some $$$slob hammering away, was via former offshore provider Bodog about 6 yrs ago.

Hong Kong racing at Shatin had been 'moved up' a half hr. to midnight et for some reason (their big day of the season possibly), BUT the Bodog Hong Kong time posted start still indicated a 1230a eastern first post.

I had just got done with Meadowlands harness at about that time, flipped over to HK and watched the first race finish...#7 I believe winner, #3 second.
I go to to HK names and odds of horses and realize, to my wonderful amazement, betting still open.....NOT WANTING TO BE CONSPICUOUS I put in $10 exacta along with another deliberately bad $5 play..(the winning ticket will pay $750 for that wager)
About fifteen minutes later, race already official AND Bodog offshore now goes official ----pays me 750 into acct.!!
shhhhhhhh...

Just seconds before second race, a note appears in my acct...something in red to the effect 'race one result now pending'....hmmmm. That ain't good for nobody.  That delicious 750 is now 'teetering' in the acct.

I'm guessing some asshole slammed 'em across board or banged a triactor huuuuuuuge.

And yes sometime before the THIRD race, some 45 minutes later, they rightfully deduct the 750, though having the 'class?' to refund my original 15 bucks too.

The explanation typed in acct..in black.."wager timestamp made after race off timestamp" 
--despite my most devious late night efforts couldnt put one past the Costa Rican racebook mgr.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 07:12:32 AM by Jctoronto »

Harness Stats

« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2020, 01:32:55 PM »
No opportunity .. knew that bets would be timestamped and it would be past posting.  I didn't bet so I didn't complain but I'm sure a lot of people did.  Can you imagine thinking you were betting on a horse and it turned out it was a different one because of a computer glitch?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Why? Your already here!
    Today at 12:20:48 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Admin Bring back XYZ.
    March 28, 2024, 10:02:39 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes XYZ you are missed
    March 28, 2024, 09:56:46 PM
  • Mazola: Hey XYZ, miss you buddy!
    March 28, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • FirstUpFrom8Hole: Do Piff Daddy know Antiqua has an extradition treaty wif the US of A?
    March 28, 2024, 06:39:42 PM
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    March 28, 2024, 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    March 28, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal