Author Topic: THE STABLE @ CA  (Read 366974 times)

canadian

• Top Claimer
Re: THE STABLE @ CA
« Reply #690 on: August 10, 2020, 02:25:11 AM »
I'm not anti anything just pointing out the fraud this is. You buy shares, pay bills and expenses and if you sell your shares you get pennies on the dollar. Now how stupid does one need to be that cannot see it for what it is. I'm done with this thread as the saying goes you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it drink.

You dime store loser. How is this thread gone on this long?  People buy in for $500 or whatever and pay what? $40 a month? Who the fuck cares? That isn't big money to lose. If it is people shouldn't buy in. I think it would be fun to buy one or 2 shares on a horse. I might do it. I don't give a fuck if I lose such little amount of money. It's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less then your average yearling buyer.

Some of the yearlings are priced rather silly. They do a little bit too much dumpster diving at the yearling sales. But still. To own just a tiny piece of a horse, get the feel of it and have the thrill of watching it race, I think that's great for a lot of people.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #691 on: August 10, 2020, 10:27:15 AM »
They have over 120 horses just 800 clients. You think most are buying in at 1 or 2 shares? That they are losing 40 or 50 a month? Most are losing more then that wagering on their horses. It's not the public betting down those stable horses. But yes you have a point in saying it's great to buy 1 or 2 shares to get into the business on the bottom floor. BUT to have 120 of underperforming horses it takes what a year or two for most to have had a taste and say was it worth it, what did I get out of it, I lose my ass, I bought the high sold the low, how can a horse have so many excuses to race poorly so much, and it was fun while it lasted. Canadian a question if this is to bring owners in for entertainment why buy yearlings that take 10 months to develop before they race, are a unknown, can develop many ailments training down, have extra costs like stake payments, shipping around, entry fees, and shipped off to other trainers. Why not buy claiming horses race weekly and expand into buying ready made horses either just after a 2yr old qualifies or when they are racing? The unknown helps one person and one person only. Iceman has plenty of points in his favor.

AsPromised

• Top Claimer
« Reply #692 on: August 10, 2020, 10:37:14 AM »
Century has some racing club out west, buy into that and get a jolly or two.

With this sham stable.ca........ Anthony has guaranteed himself a very successful and secure life for him and his family.  Are the investors footing the bill for his root canal later in the week in Ohio? 11.mq 11.mq

They have over 120 horses just 800 clients. You think most are buying in at 1 or 2 shares? That they are losing 40 or 50 a month? Most are losing more then that wagering on their horses. It's not the public betting down those stable horses. But yes you have a point in saying it's great to buy 1 or 2 shares to get into the business on the bottom floor. BUT to have 120 of underperforming horses it takes what a year or two for most to have had a taste and say was it worth it, what did I get out of it, I lose my ass, I bought the high sold the low, how can a horse have so many excuses to race poorly so much, and it was fun while it lasted. Canadian a question if this is to bring owners in for entertainment why buy yearlings that take 10 months to develop before they race, are a unknown, can develop many ailments training down, have extra costs like stake payments, shipping around, entry fees, and shipped off to other trainers. Why not buy claiming horses race weekly and expand into buying ready made horses either just after a 2yr old qualifies or when they are racing? The unknown helps one person and one person only. Iceman has plenty of points in his favor.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #693 on: August 10, 2020, 12:54:39 PM »
Canadian one other point I would like to make it's only human nature for clients at some point to expect a more positive outcome? To have some monthly bills actually paid by the horses winning purses...yes a handful do 6 or 7% at best. If Universal Studios put out flop after flop eventually they will run into issues that people are not entertained anymore. If the Cincinnati Reds or KC Royals can't manage to put a major league team on the field fans aren't going to show for 81 underwhelming home games. Same as any other sport or entertainment value. Entertainment is all over the place whether the platform one chooses. I can hear by the stable videos clients are wanting more out of their horses. Which is human nature. At some point cutting the fat and buying better then what they have been "value" over the last two seasons. It hasn't worked. I just wonder with the horses he ate that how many of the just over 800 are more involved then a couple years ago? He's already putting forward for upcoming sales "what can you afford approach" so he doesn't hang himself. Remember for the most part AM picks out the horses so owners have very little say. I'm sure some clients if the money is already there get a voice.The one major fault in the stable with the transparency approach buyers can wait for 4-7 months watching horses train down. Of course cost builds in but pay now or pay later. The risk ALL falls on the stable with injuries or poor track performance.

Dingus

« Reply #694 on: August 10, 2020, 02:05:34 PM »
There’s nothing like buying a yearling, and paying the monthly training, and then the staking fees, while being told your baby is training down and is looking good.
Then comes the reality.
 angbk 9z.lg

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #695 on: August 10, 2020, 03:09:31 PM »
Right...they all look like a million bucks until May 20th.  No matter the trainer or stable.

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #696 on: August 10, 2020, 03:56:59 PM »
Trainers are worse than carnis

cornishcommish

• Open / FFA
« Reply #697 on: August 10, 2020, 04:43:37 PM »
Right...they all look like a million bucks until May 20th.  No matter the trainer or stable.
20 years ago  I had a very good friend, who owned horses....most all were racing when he bought or claimed then. Then came the trainer....pushin g for him to buy some colts, to train over the winter in Florida. He bought the line, and invested $ 40,000.     November till  April...." boy they are training down very good .. We will qualify them when we get up North. Up North , the trainer then pulls out a sheet of,  some early  and late closers.   He now felt that they were not going to be competitive with Sire Stake horses...but he had found some series that ran against the Sire Stakes...and he felt  the colts  would do good in these races.

My friend was asked by  his trainer ( who was also the driver) to put up $ 5000 to name these colts  to the series. He asked the trainer.." Would there be any more fees"...."yes..probably a small starting fee"  My friend made the trainer an offer..."I'll put up up
$ 4500  .......you put up $ 500....as you will be able to make more  money with your 10%"

You know the trainer's answer..........."That's not the way it works "

My friend did not stake the colts in the closers.....they did not even cover their bills..could not win in NW 2....and in the Fall , my friend entered ALL 8 of his horses in the sale. Trainer was pissed, ..told him the colts  were just getting good, and would be much better 3 year olds. ......( and would have helped pay his winter in Florida)

He left the business for good

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #698 on: August 10, 2020, 05:54:28 PM »
There is a good moral to that story about taking a initial beating but smart enough not to be a glutton for punishment. Owners of the stable need more say on how to cut ties with a horse vs AM only decision, dump shares on the site, or dumb share to AM. Especially dumping shares to AM because that said horse could end up on a auction site or live sale shortly down the road. Newbie clients will learn that lesson quickly as they are not educated to know for themselves.

cigar

• Elite
« Reply #699 on: August 10, 2020, 07:43:15 PM »
If your buying 1% of a yearling you probably don’t care if it makes you a profit.
It’s called entertainment cost. I know a guy that owns horses and buys a small % of a stable horse drives 3 hours each way to watch it race and is ecstatic it got a check in a race. Now how do you put a price on that?

AGUA CALIENTE

• Elite
  • Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing.
« Reply #700 on: August 10, 2020, 07:57:33 PM »
But remember there are owners that like it in the ASS

cigar

• Elite
« Reply #701 on: August 10, 2020, 07:59:15 PM »
But remember there are owners that like it in the ASS
You are an expert on that tmbz1

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #702 on: August 10, 2020, 08:23:44 PM »
Good for him Cigar I imagine there are more like him. Then there are more that aren't. Doesn't sound like the stable owner wants a small stable. Going out splurging on 70 yearlings a year will find someone in deep waters and the owner mentioned many times the riptide taking him into those deep waters. We know why the stable was built for entertainment reasons then keep it for entertainment reasons? People in the industry know getting to big only leads down a one way road. Burke and his group spend but if you develop a syndicated sire it always buys you 4 or 5 years.

cigar

• Elite
« Reply #703 on: August 10, 2020, 10:18:52 PM »
The stable has a good entertainment concept for people that just want a small piece of a horse. Buying all babies is never a profitable venture anyways, sometimes you win and mostly you lose $$$$$.
best strategy I ever heard was
1 yearling
1 overnight/condition horse
1 claimer

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #704 on: August 10, 2020, 10:19:10 PM »
well dont abandon this thread until you let us know which trainers are procuring clients and going out on their own - inquiring minds want to know
Mac and Mario

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Michael Petrelli: WNBA should just copy the Haness Racing business model. State welfare.
    April 19, 2024, 07:42:20 PM
  • Unclejerry: If Joe is so concerned about Katlen Clarks salary, why dont he buy a ticket for an WNBA game?
    April 18, 2024, 06:23:45 PM
  • Calhoun: Meadowlands just sent me email .. there's a P-8 Carryover ... $1,800 ... That changes everything ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 04:53:05 PM
  • Calhoun: Kirby crossed the Delaware before George Washington to make sure it was safe.  True story 100%
    April 18, 2024, 02:39:12 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Kirby's Ace the most trusted individual in harness racing... at least in his mind. ngc3
    April 18, 2024, 09:32:43 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Only loose ends are the entrails of Delaware residents.
    April 18, 2024, 09:27:22 AM
  • Kirby's Ace: Hopefully Admon is cleaning up loose ands and you know what that means!
    April 17, 2024, 11:26:37 PM
  • Unclejerry: COCK-A-DODDLE-DO is the rooster in a pile of PLOP
    April 17, 2024, 11:11:47 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal