Author Topic: Anybody know what happened with this positive?  (Read 6750 times)

Harness Stats

Anybody know what happened with this positive?
« on: March 26, 2020, 09:24:10 PM »
Manchego  …  Gabapentin.   Never heard any outcome about the appeal.

JOHANSSON, NANCY C ALLENTOWN, NJ YOB 1981

ScD on 9/7/2019 FINED: $500 FULL - 15 DAYS, 10/30/2019 THRU 11/13/2019 HORSE DISQUALIFIED, PURSE REDISTRIBUTION APPEALED - 10/25/2019 
 POSITIVE TEST- POST RACE 
 Scioto Downs Trainer NANCY JOHANSSON is hereby fined the sum of five hundred dollars ($500.00) and issued a fifteen day full suspension from October 30, 2019 through November 13, 2019 for violation of O.S.R.C. Rule 3769-18.01(A)(2), 3769-1801(B)(1),3769-18-01(B)(15-16-17),3769-18-02 & 3769-18-99. In addition, purse money of twenty-five thousand ($25,000.00) dollars must be returned to Scioto Downs. Blood Sample #858833 on the horse MANCHEGO tested by the Analytical Toxicology Laboratory at the Ohio Department of Agriculture on September 27, 2019 revealed a presence of Gabapentin, an anticonvulsant. During her suspension Mrs. Johansson is denied the use and privileges of all grounds sanctioned by the OSRC. All horses trained by Mrs. Johnasson are suspended and may only be transferred with permission from the judges or the director at the OSRC. If the fine is not paid and purse is not returned to the judges by 11/13/2019 you may be suspended or your licensed revoked 
 Status as of 10/25/2019 - Appeal - Trainer NANCY JOHANSSON has appealed this ruling in a timely manner

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Re: Anybody know what happened with this positive?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2020, 09:28:15 PM »
WILL THE TRACK RECORD ,,STAY THOUGH?

JUST ASKIN FOR A CHRISTIAN AND FAMILY MAN  FRIEND tmbz1
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

muletrain is back

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2020, 11:54:53 PM »
The Gabapentin positive trainers so far have gotten few days but the purse money will be taken back for sure.

Atthetrack7

• Stakes Horse
  • saying the things DZ wishes he had the BALLS too
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2020, 05:06:15 AM »
The Gabapentin positive trainers so far have gotten few days but the purse money will be taken back for sure.

DIDNT ONE OF YOUR CHEATING TRAINERS, AKA STEVE CARTER, GET CAUGHT CHEATING WITH THE ABOVE LISTED ILLEGAL MEDICATION?

THOUGHT SO

samstar

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2020, 07:50:56 AM »
I am uncomfortable with the Gabapentin positives because they seem to be exclusively called in Ohio and that many of them have been called against trainers that I fell are beyond reproach. (Wollam as an example)  They have mostly been appealed and the penalty has been reduced to no days and loss of purse money.   I suspect a possibility of an anomaly in the testing process similar to the error that has caused dexamethasone positives when using the Blood builder that has shaken the Harness world. 

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2020, 09:41:26 AM »
Obviously the state commissions agree with you that these trainers were beyond reproach as they merely gave them a slap on the wrist!  A smaller guy would have been destroyed!

Gym Jeffersun

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2020, 10:43:30 AM »
I am uncomfortable with the Gabapentin positives because they seem to be exclusively called in Ohio and that many of them have been called against trainers that I fell are beyond reproach. (Wollam as an example)  They have mostly been appealed and the penalty has been reduced to no days and loss of purse money.   I suspect a possibility of an anomaly in the testing process similar to the error that has caused dexamethasone positives when using the Blood builder that has shaken the Harness world.

Here comes honest Sam.............. ..suspect........ ....would that include all of your suspects......... ......must have hit your head pretty hard when you fell out of the bike waving your whip in the air.............. what year was that Sam.............. ..I remember 2 maybe 3 wins a year........and then lightning struck........... ..........
Just love doing the broadcast. Shuley, Chumlee, Paddock have gotten used to the holier than thou attitude. We only work on the show, because we get paid. Dealing with Ringo is a different story.

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2020, 12:21:38 PM »
Got smarter and worked harder, bought better horses, watched Burkes and worked even harder.

samstar

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2020, 01:47:42 PM »
I would be more comfortable if these positives were spread over several states.

samstar

• Open / FFA
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2020, 01:55:13 PM »
Here comes honest Sam.............. ..suspect........ ....would that include all of your suspects......... ......must have hit your head pretty hard when you fell out of the bike waving your whip in the air.............. what year was that Sam.............. ..I remember 2 maybe 3 wins a year........and then lightning struck........... ..........

Left shaft broke at head of stretch.  I was able to hold bike in place with my foot.  Just after I crossed finish line the right shaft broke dumping me backwards.  I got up and showed three fingers indicating I had held on for the third. 

Harness Stats

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2020, 02:02:15 PM »
Interesting story I read about Gabapentin

"my horse was on the maximum dose,  for over 6 months, it did not make him sedated or quiet, but it worked as a perfect anxiolitic. He became the most bombproof horse you could imagine, yet stayed very alert.
In all likelihood you could have landed a helicopter in his pasture and he would have looked at it with interest instead of galloping off in a panic"

Manchego has always been a bit "hot" Guess it calmed her down just enough.

The race in question was one of three track record or world record performances in a row. Scioto, Dayton, Red Mile, and she kept on going for the rest of the year. Only Six Pack beat her in the TVG final.

samstar

• Open / FFA
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2020, 03:05:23 PM »
I would love to see the story you mentioned and others like it.  I have never heard of it being used and my vet claims he knows nothing about it.  If it is indeed being used as as a TQ or mood altering drug I think we should hang them,

gardenstatepark

• NW-1
« Reply #12 on: March 27, 2020, 03:16:47 PM »
The Takters would use anything to get a positive.  They are just smarter than everyone else. ngc3

Harness Stats

« Reply #13 on: March 27, 2020, 03:21:11 PM »
I did a Gabapentin side effects on horses search and there was a lot of stuff. I ran across that story. I didn't copy the link just the comment but I'm pretty sure it was somewhere on The Chronicle of the Horse website

« Last Edit: March 27, 2020, 03:24:10 PM by Harness Stats »

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2020, 05:12:21 PM »
The Takters would use anything to get a positive.  They are just smarter than everyone else. ngc3
And above the law, never get penalized for their wrong doings

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Janny: I guess Diddy found out it’s not easy Pimpin.
    Today at 10:57:29 AM
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
  • Mazola: ngc3
    March 25, 2024, 10:00:52 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: thet're sisters
    March 25, 2024, 09:04:44 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal