Author Topic: Is there a Loyalty Etiquette between trainers and drivers?  (Read 7476 times)

Bobbo

• Top Claimer
Re: Is there a Loyalty Etiquette between trainers and drivers?
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2019, 12:33:39 AM »
I am just curious.  Was there a Luc Ouellette Sr. as well as a Luc Ouellette Jr.
I ask because the Luc most of us know is 15 years younger then Mike Lachance.
and Luc Ouellette rarely drove in Montreal

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
Re: Is there a Loyalty Etiquette between trainers and drivers?
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2019, 02:14:23 AM »
I actually had to laugh when I read this post.  But seriously its a good question:

Do I trust my trainer to use the right driver?  Even when the asshole ran my horse into the grandstand the week before?  And then explained to me it was the horse's fault?  And then put the idiot back on the horse the following week because he was either related to him, indebted to him for future business, or otherwise.  Simple answer.  There is no loyalty in this business.  Never has been.  That horse that your jerk drove last week was probably part of a pre planned tri fecta.  And anyone who disagrees with me on this can go suck rocks.  It happens and you can be sure as shit the first thing a driver looks at before sleeping is what they are driving over the next few days.  And then that next few days is an involved discussion with his fellow co horts on how they think the horse can deliver, even though they have absolutely no clue what the trainer is doing with the horse.  is it sick?  they have no clue whatsoever unless its a horse from their own barn.  I personally have had to weave all through this bullshit for years.  I mostly left it with the trainer for driver picks.  I reneged on one occasion for a stakes race up in montreal years ago.  I took off luc ouellete and had the trainer replace him for a relatively unknown who was actually my farrier.  best damn horseman you and I will ever have the pleasure of knowing.  michel lachance.  do owners nowadays have a say?  should they?  does it matter?  not for nothin, if im paying over $50 bucks a day to a trainer, you sure as shit know I want some say on who drives my horse.

Truth !!!!!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    Today at 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    Today at 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    Today at 12:36:34 PM
  • Janny: I guess Diddy found out it’s not easy Pimpin.
    Today at 10:57:29 AM
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal