Author Topic: Strychnine  (Read 4828 times)

Janny

• Top Claimer
Strychnine
« on: November 08, 2019, 12:33:02 PM »
Really? That’s the best Ron Merritt could do at Northville Downs? Well, a year off in Michigan will be humbling.

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
Re: Strychnine
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2019, 05:04:28 PM »
fuckin' sad shit.

i see there were three tbreds at turf paradise early in the year who also did the rat poison (strychnine) mambo,,but washed it down with a little caffeine too.  Suspended the shit of the trainer.

pathetic from border to border.

samstar

• Open / FFA
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2019, 08:20:42 PM »
Is often an ingredient in western formula.

Gym Jeffersun

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2019, 09:55:19 PM »
You would know wouldn't you now Sam.............. .....Who taught you this............. ..Was it Inman or Belcher or their vet.............. Sam who couldn't train a dog to bark many years ago.............. .....strychnine used to thin the blood when it produces too many RBCs and becomes heavy............ tell'em Sam.............. .you know............. ....
Just love doing the broadcast. Shuley, Chumlee, Paddock have gotten used to the holier than thou attitude. We only work on the show, because we get paid. Dealing with Ringo is a different story.

samstar

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2019, 10:12:27 AM »
I know because a trainer at the Meadows got a positive and it was from Western Formula.  She got a year also.  I bring it up because many use western formula not knowing what is in it.

TTitans1

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2019, 10:31:09 AM »
It used to be in the good caco-copper going back a few years.

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2019, 03:14:05 PM »
It used to be in the good caco-copper going back a few years.
remember that back when I was kid listening to the trainers.... The good blood builder from Canada had trace amounts of strychnine.

Gym Jeffersun

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2019, 06:26:31 PM »
I know because a trainer at the Meadows got a positive and it was from Western Formula.  She got a year also.  I bring it up because many use western formula not knowing what is in it.

Poor Bethie........... ..............won der where that concoction came from............. ......maybe a Pellegrinni was involved......... ..... ngc3
Just love doing the broadcast. Shuley, Chumlee, Paddock have gotten used to the holier than thou attitude. We only work on the show, because we get paid. Dealing with Ringo is a different story.

Fair is fair

• Open / FFA
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2019, 04:08:48 PM »
Did belcher offspring gerald lee have issues with this at meadows or something else? I remember tthe big BLOW HARD GOOFRU commending meadows judges for letting him off

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 06:03:26 PM »
Many years ago, trace amounts of strychnine were an ingredient in many horse medications! I don't know the real reason but an old timer once told me that it slightly stimulated the stomach lining increasing appetite and vitality! Back in the 1970's I used a supplement called iron, arsenic and strychnine once a week after a race and kept them in the feed tub and feeling good! Great product and seemed really good for the animals but taken off the market in the early 1980's!                                     

TTitans1

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 06:32:38 PM »
We were getting the good Canadian caco with it in it up into the 90`s. It made the body kickstart rbc growth and definitely kept them in the feed tub.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Why? Your already here!
    Today at 12:20:48 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Admin Bring back XYZ.
    March 28, 2024, 10:02:39 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes XYZ you are missed
    March 28, 2024, 09:56:46 PM
  • Mazola: Hey XYZ, miss you buddy!
    March 28, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • FirstUpFrom8Hole: Do Piff Daddy know Antiqua has an extradition treaty wif the US of A?
    March 28, 2024, 06:39:42 PM
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    March 28, 2024, 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    March 28, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal