Author Topic: New track in Maine  (Read 18786 times)

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
Re: New track in Maine
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2019, 09:23:46 AM »
scarborough might be the best option, but  not without new owners, management and employees. until everyone there is gone the track cannot change.

whiptherabbit

• Elite
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2019, 11:25:09 AM »
I'll be at Scabby downs this weekend, cant wait to punch out tickets in the SAM machine that came out when Atari launched...

bass park

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2019, 11:42:55 AM »
as bad as the grandstand the paddock area is a thousand times worse. its time to shut the place down and give the dates to cumberland. no more money for scarborough. cant wait for december 19 and 20.

June b

• 4 claimer
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2019, 12:17:05 PM »
U must be crazy after Gerry s Cumberland fairs responds they shouldn'tget fair dates ! U will continue to race down below while we get 40 days! horsemans assoc. Is not representing horseman just there own interests you're try to sell us swamp land deal !! everybody know commission and Jennings and miles are in on fix!! we will end up with noting next year! It will in court for years ! I to. Can'twait for 19 and 20th ill know like everybody else weather o call Ivan (Amish)!! Your doing this all to help 2 guy who could care less about horseman!! just to line there pockets! They Will never built a new track!! Take that to bank!

June b

• 4 claimer
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2019, 12:41:57 PM »
Look Dom Bass and chief we all want full-time racing in Maine if this group would apply for race 78 days of Cumberland and Cumberland would fix the track put in simulcasting place in a place to eat I'm all for it !! but that would be the only plan I would back!

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2019, 05:47:52 PM »
good luck punching tickets in any sam at scarborough rabbit. should have odds on weather it takes your money. takes your voucher. credits either. lets you punch a ticket. has any dollar amounts or numbers working. and if anyone will fix anything if you lose your money ticket or voucher in said machine.

i agree that this whole cumberland thing is fiction. i have said that if cumberland was to be the place for racing it would not take a lot to have it function. the old club upstairs can still serve food. to set up for the otb races would be easy. and i totally think that maine needs at least 3 days a week from march till christmas from its major track, whoever it is. i think 78 days is too little and scarborough should never have been allowed to go that low.

i also think nights in the summer at least are a must. the days of fairs in the afternoon and scarborough at night were great.

June b

• 4 claimer
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2019, 06:56:07 PM »
AGREED!!! CHIEF

bliss

• Top Claimer
« Reply #67 on: November 20, 2019, 05:44:33 PM »
nite racing is a good way to lose money, most bettors are preparing for bed.

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #68 on: November 20, 2019, 06:56:04 PM »
scarborough in the summer did well with the beach/tourist crowd at night. it did help that the clubhouse was open and food was good. it is true that most of the true fan base is ready for bed early.

June b

• 4 claimer
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2019, 09:53:50 AM »
Agreed night racing not feasible maybe an early a post like three o clock might help night racing just a thing of the past too many things for people to do with their kids

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Why? Your already here!
    Today at 12:20:48 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Admin Bring back XYZ.
    March 28, 2024, 10:02:39 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes XYZ you are missed
    March 28, 2024, 09:56:46 PM
  • Mazola: Hey XYZ, miss you buddy!
    March 28, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • FirstUpFrom8Hole: Do Piff Daddy know Antiqua has an extradition treaty wif the US of A?
    March 28, 2024, 06:39:42 PM
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    March 28, 2024, 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    March 28, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal