Author Topic: Lookin' Out to the Future of Harness Racing  (Read 10252 times)

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
Lookin' Out to the Future of Harness Racing
« on: October 29, 2019, 10:23:11 PM »
The USTA has Carson with an article every month.  This is his feature released a week ago.  http://ustrottingnews.com/shifting-winds/    The essence is that in the not too distance future - mega breeding farms will create top line racers - the frame of harness racing will change to exclusively stakes racing and overnights will be eliminated.  Now, while it seems way out there  -  he touches on a fact that w/ betting on anything and everything readily availalbe, the allure of our roundy-round horses as an only gambling option will vanish.  Folks that want to wager will have sports of all kinds to focus on. 

I personally don't believe that it is that imminent; however, some of the HHA better take heed to begin an idea of survival.  I think it 's real necessary to modernize the sport. -- Listen, a half century ago a bunch of knuckle bustin' wrench turning boys sophisticated their motor racing, put rules in place to deal w/ cheaters, gentrified the sport w/ decent unis replacing greased t-shirts and made it respectable.  How about the old time big-time rasslin'?  It's still as fake as ever; but, the WWE WWF whatever the hell made their front line personalities bigger than life.  Harness Racing has some great personalities  -  I'll name a guy that is a great ambassador for the sport, Chris Page  *  and, there are plenty other drivers and trainers that are congenial and fan-friendly. 

A change-over to stakes only racing, I don't see it in the near term - but, I sure as hell can realize a continuing loss of interest in our sport if some smart cat doesn't jump in the power seat and put the fun, sexy and appeal back in motion.

Superfecta

• Elite
Re: Lookin' Out to the Future of Harness Racing
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2019, 10:34:35 PM »
Reality TV. With all of the shit that goes on at every backstretch it would become must watch TV. Everybody loves a train wreck. It would be like Jerry Springer at the track every night.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2019, 10:37:27 PM »
With trainera entering 3-4-5 in every stake already, are we not seeing the future already?

okdfool

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2019, 11:24:57 PM »
PFT,,,, speed plate was the worst thing ever to happen to Nascar!

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2019, 11:50:49 PM »
Reality TV. With all of the shit that goes on at every backstretch it would become must watch TV. Everybody loves a train wreck. It would be like Jerry Springer at the track every night.

good idea lol

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2019, 12:57:44 AM »

w/ 900+ channels, networks - and subscribers services ... they are all so thirsty for content * OH, Lordy !!!   let the bidding wars begin !!!  Yeehaw!!  can you just imagine all the paddock characters becoming famous TV stars  ?  signing autographs and all .... whoa!!  there'll be spin-offs ^ it will be a whole damned channel of its own. 
NOW > we always have to look to the revenue side ^ split out a % to the purse money ^ OH! Glory, the whole potential is out of this world !!! 
my goodness - endorsements ?   the possiblities are endless

#Me Too

• 4 claimer
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2019, 07:05:48 AM »
 The only future for horse racing is that hopefully it will be banded so you greedy folks cant abuse aminals any longer
Ms Cortez is the New Boss. and she is not the same as the Old Boss

the master

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: October 30, 2019, 07:58:34 AM »
Hopefully ignorant no spelling idiots like you will be "banned."

Lotsofpace

• 4 claimer
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2019, 09:24:06 PM »

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Go knicks!

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #9 on: October 30, 2019, 09:49:23 PM »
God,you are dumb

augustaandy

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2019, 08:13:37 PM »
Harrisburg sale Monday will be expensive

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2019, 02:33:27 PM »
The only future for horse racing is that hopefully it will be banded so you greedy folks cant abuse aminals any longer

Hopefully, you'll be banded so we can identify your imbecile self

You're way the hell out of bounds overgeneralizing on all horsemen / women.  There might could be a few that are inhumane and mistreat the race horses .... however, the majority of people in this sport treat their horses better than their kids.  You should consider the idiocy of your remarks before you slap them out for public consumption and make it a certainty that you #me too are the dumbest person posting on this space.

43z.stf 43z.stf 43z.stf 43z.stf 43z.stf 43z.stf 43z.stf

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2019, 02:45:25 PM »
Hopefully, you'll be banded so we can identify your imbecile self

You're way the hell out of bounds overgeneralizing on all horsemen / women.  There might could be a few that are inhumane and mistreat the race horses .... however, the majority of people in this sport treat their horses better than their kids.  You should consider the idiocy of your remarks before you slap them out for public consumption and make it a certainty that you #me too are the dumbest person posting on this space.

43z.stf 43z.stf 43z.stf 43z.stf 43z.stf 43z.stf 43z.stf

YOU MIGHTA GOT TROLLED

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2019, 02:50:59 PM »
With trainera entering 3-4-5 in every stake already, are we not seeing the future already?

you aint kidding 4 horse entry tonite  in my race  and we drew trhe fckin 9 post 4 weeks in arrow,,plus mine just came off sick bed,

wdf can it get any worse
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

okdfool

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2019, 02:55:32 PM »
YOU MIGHTA GOT TROLLED

Very true very far from abused, so dramatic...

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal