Author Topic: Lazurus draws post 9 in the Dan Patch  (Read 31628 times)

Equus Caballus

• Elite
Re: Lazurus draws post 9 in the Dan Patch
« Reply #135 on: September 03, 2018, 01:07:02 PM »
No, Not Canadian, Not Aussie

Surprised it took this long to get the virus, they all get it.

There had to be a reason why he raced that poorly and that explains it.

Once he recovers and has a couple of races under his belt then we can see how good he is.  He either is way better than these and is the champion he is supposed to be or he's not and he's a failure.

Thanks mate

Cal is our American idiot

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #136 on: September 03, 2018, 01:25:31 PM »
Thanks mate

No worries. People here sure are one extreme to the other.  Like I said, He had to be sick because he ran a slow second quarter and had nothing at the finish. It was way worse than his run at Hoosier.  Horses are not machines, he had to adjust from the Southern Hemisphere and left there in the Winter and every horse I have been associated with from NZ gets sick. I did not know of one that did not get sick. Lazarus took awhile to get sick. That is not the norm.

Anyone with a brain knows that this horse is a champion and all going well he should prove it.  Most of the great horses from down there do not come up here as they race for decent money down there.  The good ones that do have been rode hard and put away wet before they get here.  Yes, it's different racing down there than here and many horses that do come here don't perform that well.  I've seen horses down there that I would be embarrassed to send up here and they have done great.

I don't know how Lazarus is going to end up here but if I had to bet, I would say that he's going to make his owners very happy in the long run. I've seen thousands of horses and owned quite a few and IMO this horse when healthy will be far too good for these. It's not really a strong group of horses.

And he may turn out to be not good enough and some of the people here can jump for joy in being right.  I hope for the sake of racing that he is as good as many think he is.

Time will tell

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #137 on: September 03, 2018, 02:01:16 PM »
No, Not Canadian, Not Aussie

Surprised it took this long to get the virus, they all get it.

There had to be a reason why he raced that poorly and that explains it.

Once he recovers and has a couple of races under his belt then we can see how good he is.  He either is way better than these and is the champion he is supposed to be or he's not and he's a failure.

No, that Canada guy with the Oz insiders isn't you, I never aid so.  He's just another goo-goo fan boy.  Nothing wrong with being a fan and being up on a given horse.

So, now you are saying we should not expect much from him the next month which includes, of course, the Red Mile race.  And that is too bad because -- agree or disagree-- that race and ABM's performance there is what any FFA horse is now, to a great extent, now measured against.  

And whatever you do, DO NOT fall for the B.S. that Coopie guy is telling you about how great McWicked is. He's a 2014 3 yo champ who ever since got generally thrashed for 3 years chasing better horses and is now beating the same 4-5 horses who were also rans in the same races.

In sum, it is no accomplishment beating McWicked in modest time.  It WILL be an accomplishment beating McWicked AND setting the timer on fire.  

THAT is what they paid $4 Million for.  

Otherwise he's just another son of Bettor's Delight who on a good day can shade 1:47.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #138 on: September 03, 2018, 02:52:18 PM »
No worries. People here sure are one extreme to the other.  Like I said, He had to be sick because he ran a slow second quarter and had nothing at the finish. It was way worse than his run at Hoosier.  Horses are not machines, he had to adjust from the Southern Hemisphere and left there in the Winter and every horse I have been associated with from NZ gets sick. I did not know of one that did not get sick. Lazarus took awhile to get sick. That is not the norm.

Anyone with a brain knows that this horse is a champion and all going well he should prove it.  Most of the great horses from down there do not come up here as they race for decent money down there.  The good ones that do have been rode hard and put away wet before they get here.  Yes, it's different racing down there than here and many horses that do come here don't perform that well.  I've seen horses down there that I would be embarrassed to send up here and they have done great.

I don't know how Lazarus is going to end up here but if I had to bet, I would say that he's going to make his owners very happy in the long run. I've seen thousands of horses and owned quite a few and IMO this horse when healthy will be far too good for these. It's not really a strong group of horses.

And he may turn out to be not good enough and some of the people here can jump for joy in being right.  I hope for the sake of racing that he is as good as many think he is.

Time will tell

yo, yo, Rin Tin Tin,

You seem like an honorable and knowledgeable guy (unlike the Hitler Youth on this worthless forum who love smooching Jewffrey's Nazi bratwurst and all Republicans in Congress).  But the answer to this inquiry is as simple as "hand holds."  In your native NZ, the horsemen and their equipment and the style of racing all aim to keep the horse COLLECTED during the race.  That is a term of art referring to keeping the horse "on the bit."  If a horse is COLLECTED, he can, at some point, explode or show an extended burst of speed no matter the juncture or position of the race.  That is NZ racing.  In the good ol' USA, on the other hand, you might as well throw those hand holds away.  A driver's feet are higher than his hands.  A horse is loose-lined from the time he steps onto the track.  Panic-stricken training program.  That's why Lazarus showed up in those quarter boots.  A horse doesn't know where to put his feet when he's being asked to pace in :26 without any help from the driver.  It is what it is.  Lazarus will never be the horse here he was down there.  Until next time, darlings......... ......HEIL HITLER!!

albitchross

• Open / FFA
Lazarus sick
« Reply #139 on: September 03, 2018, 09:23:43 PM »
http://standardbredcanada.ca/

EEEEEEVERY time Takter loses, he has an excuse.  Finishing 2nd to McWicked these days it totally acceptable.  move on Jimmy, train him for the next race

chatter

• NW-1
Re: Lazarus sick
« Reply #140 on: September 03, 2018, 09:43:45 PM »
Casie just beat him , with a horse that has a quarter crack!

oh canada

• Elite
« Reply #141 on: September 04, 2018, 08:19:36 AM »
Thanks mate

GREEN DAY......Dont want to be an American Idiot
Come with me to the "Darkside",its a matter of life or death!!

oh canada

• Elite
Come with me to the "Darkside",its a matter of life or death!!

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #143 on: September 04, 2018, 08:50:07 AM »
GREEN DAY......Dont want to be an American Idiot

Yes that is what I was alluding to

hammer0419

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #144 on: September 04, 2018, 12:51:16 PM »
BUFFY WHY WASN'T HE WEARING THEM AT HOOSIER?

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #145 on: September 04, 2018, 01:19:01 PM »
Thanks mate

That's it?

Even for you this is an unacceptably low level of gibber.

mwins

• Open / FFA
« Reply #146 on: September 04, 2018, 02:53:05 PM »
What is considered to be a normal white count for a horse?

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #147 on: September 04, 2018, 03:30:14 PM »
Between 4.9 and 10.3

So him having a 10.4 is not that sick then

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #148 on: September 04, 2018, 03:59:14 PM »
BUFFY WHY WASN'T HE WEARING THEM AT HOOSIER?

yo, yo, Hammer Head,

Don't hurt yourself, kid.  He nicked himself in the race at Hoosier and/or training up to the race at MoeCock with all those loose lines flying everywhere.  Look at the millions of pictures of Lazarus in New Zealand.  No quarter boots, a belt, and, most importantly of all, A TIGHT LINE.  And that's on a half mile track.  Croghan should have gotten this horse to train.  The Go-Go's (Yimmy and Yannie) will destroy his horse if they haven't already done so.  Until next time, laddies........HE IL HITLER!!

Buffy the Vampire Slayer

• Open / FFA
« Reply #149 on: September 04, 2018, 04:17:44 PM »
There is also another way to look at it...Maybe Mark Purdon had the juice and now the horse is crashing without it. I'm just playing devils advocate. I have no idea either way but I've been around long enough to know that you never know.

yo, yo, Campbell Soup,

Here is the only way to look at your post.  You're an idiot.  Complete idiot.  You're one of those guys who maybe have been around for years and haven't won 5 races in that time.  Stupid fuck.  Purdon could be the best horseman IN THE WORLD.  Croghan is much closer in talent to Purdon than Yimmy will ever be.  They tried the 'run and gun' with Auckland Reactor and went bust.  Now, the Go-Go's are trying the same thing with Lazarus and will have the same results.  Because as you say, you have no idea, shut the fuck up and stay off this worthless forum.  Idiot.  Until next time, sweeties......... ....HEIL HITLER!!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ XYZ, puttin Palestinians in their place.
    April 30, 2024, 09:25:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: The Original WIZ was the best.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:44 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Jerry is the new WIZ at the Ohio tracks.
    April 30, 2024, 05:18:23 PM
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal