Author Topic: Meadowlands: Friday, June 15  (Read 2011 times)

harnessmaven

• NW-1
Meadowlands: Friday, June 15
« on: June 14, 2018, 06:26:04 PM »
Race One:

GSY “Hot to Trot” amateur series.  This short-field (seven entrants) trot has more twists and turns, plots and subplots, than an Agatha Christie mystery novel.  First, there’s the horse that set a new lifetime mark in his last start.  He now gets a driver switch.  He’s drawn outside.  He’s also been off a week.  Then, we have a horse who has the same driver who’s also been off a week, yet he closed fastest of all in his most recent start (he finished 2nd).  Then we have a third horse who went off “the chalk,” last week, but he finished 5th (placed 4th); he couldn’t mount a close into a “pedestrian” first panel.  There’s also the leading driver connection, “Jimmy, Jr.’s Uncle”.   After much hemming and hawing.  After much deliberation.  After a lengthy period of perusal and scrutiny, I’ve landed on: 7 FIJI.  He gets my tepid, lukewarm nod in “the opener”.   Dave Offenberg, CEO of Allistar Stables, handles the lines for his trotter, Fiji.   I assume Mr. Offenberg will send his charge right to the top.  Offenberg must get this Cantab Hall-bred off “the marks” quickly.  There may be company, inside.  He must also avoid doing the “foxtrot two-step”.  Frankly, I believe we’ll have a good idea as to how this race will shape up in the first 15 secs. If he clears…  Others: 6 Tech Titan; 2 Multitaskr Hanover; 3 Party on the River.

Race Two:

4 U NEED STONES.  Mais oui, bien sur!  It’s “Le Frelon Vert” (The “Green Hornet”) from Sorel-Tracy du Saint Lawrence, Quebec, Canada, Monsieur Yannick Gingras.   This Wishing Stone-bred, Hambletonian- eligible, made a break at the start, last week, as a 4/5 shot.  Sacre bleu!  But…a chance to make amends.  If this guy stays “flat,” he can win.  We’ll know soon enough.  Frankly, he is an enigma.  As my father would say (“Happy Father’s Day to all you Dads): “You pay your nickel and you take your chance!”  Ron Burke of the “Burke Brigade” trains. Quite candidly, I’d “Buy Insurance”.  Others: 2 Zephyr Kronos; 3 Bizet; 6 Via Lattea It.

Race Three:

Question: What do the top picks in this race all have in common?  They each went off “the chalk” in their last race, each horse failed to win.  I’m going with 3 WITH PRESENCE.  Yes, this guy is winless in 13 lifetime tries; yet he gets both post relief and class relief.  I like the driver switch to “The Orange Crush,” Andy Miller.  Ake Svanstedt trains and partially owns this Yankee Glide-bred gelding.  Others: 4 Eurobond; 7 Quantum Kemp; 5 Made It Happen.

Race Four:

6 THREEDEE LIGHT A appears to be rounding into form after a recent qualifier and a pari-mutuel start.  Andy Miller is in the bike for trainer Scott DiDomenico.  I’m looking for marked improvement here.  A trip to the winner’s circle. Others: 5 Daenerys Hanover; 1 Cheap Thrills; 2 Limelight.

Race Five:

4 GO BYEM
appears to be sitting on a win.  It might be me, but I believe this guy towers over this field.  Andy Miller is in the bike for trainer Orlando Greene. This 6-year old likes to come from off the pace.  There should be enough speed to set up his late-closing brush.  Others: 2 Gold Medal Swan; 7 Montalbano Bi; 5 Shady McCoy.

Race Six:

3 OK HEAVENLY is my upset try here.  It’s just that she hasn’t “fired,” lately.  She has faced better (she went off the favorite last week and finished 5th).   I may be looking for excuses, but it might have taken this gal a couple of starts to get acclimated to the wide-turned “Big M”.  She does get a new driver: Eric Abbatiello.  E.A. “He’s in The Game!” Others: 1/1A Terror at Night/Kaitlyn N; 7 Rockin Praline; 6 Dr J’s Kiss.

Race Seven:

It looks like “an inside job”.  The first four horses, that is.  I’m making my top pick, 4 APOTHIC, the Mel Harder trainee.  Steve Smith is in the sulky. This 3-year old Art Major-bred bay filly has been performing well in New York Sire Stakes competition. She could be “sitting the pocket”.  Others: 1 Nurse Pie Q; 2 The Second Star; 3 Sandy Sue.

Race Eight:

1 JOEYS CASH gets my nod in this trotting event.  This guy took some money but showed little in his last.  He now moves back inside (he won the last time this fella started there).  Eric Abbatiello is in the bike for trainer Kerin Warner.  This gelding should be very close to the front.  If all goes well, he can launch a late bid.  Others: 8 Clifton Beach; 10 Rockin Redford; 6 Majestic Sunset.

Race Nine:

8 IDEAL LIFE.  There’s no denying… I like the breeding on this guy.  A hidden gem?  A diamond in the rough?  In his last race, he was drifting to the outside in the stretch but held on gamely to win, by a head.  He does draw outside here.  What impact that will have; it’s hard to say.  At the very least, it should make it tougher.  Yet…  “The Mainer,” Steve Smith, is in the bike.  “Smitty’s” most capable.  “The Crocodile Man,” Ross Croghan, trains.  Others: 7 Rosiemunn; 5 Major Maid; 2 Lulu De Vie.

Equus Caballus

• Elite
Re: Meadowlands: Friday, June 15
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2018, 07:11:06 PM »
Race One:

Race Nine:

8 IDEAL LIFE.  There’s no denying… I like the breeding on this guy.  A hidden gem?  A diamond in the rough?  In his last race, he was drifting to the outside in the stretch but held on gamely to win, by a head.  He does draw outside here.  What impact that will have; it’s hard to say.  At the very least, it should make it tougher.  Yet…  “The Mainer,” Steve Smith, is in the bike.  “Smitty’s” most capable.  “The Crocodile Man,” Ross Croghan, trains.  Others: 7 Rosiemunn; 5 Major Maid; 2 Lulu De Vie.

She does have a ton of pedigree
Glad you notice that

Eric wanted to breed her
Bit Ross thought she had potential in racing this year after acquiring  from casie

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2018, 07:35:15 PM »
Ok  heavenly is nothin
She was beating I'll bred rats.
Rockin praline wins
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 07:21:40 PM »
Who was the blonde midget that Hollywood interviewed before the 3rd race Friday night?

rocketman

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 11:46:59 AM »
Their weekend cards of late have been awful. Looking forward to stakes season there.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal