Author Topic: Meadowlands: Friday, May 4  (Read 6950 times)

harnessmaven

• NW-1
Meadowlands: Friday, May 4
« on: May 03, 2018, 01:38:32 PM »
Race One:

Oyez!  Oyez!  Oyez! Handicapping “court” is now in session.  The first case…  Excuse me, I mean the first race in the borough of East Rutherford, county of Bergen, state of New Jersey, deals with a group of trotters.  “The Maven” says that it looks like “an ‘outside’ job.”  That’s where he believes this opening race trot’s winner is coming from.   Proceed, Maven.  “May it please the “The Big M” handicappers.”  6 WINDWOOD SCOUT.  Aye!  You don’t need to know how to play the bagpipes, Laddie, to figure out that the switch from an amateur driver (this horse has been competing in the GSY series) to one of the best reinsman in North America, Jim Marohn, Jr., greatly enhances this guy’s chances of gracing “The Big M’s” winner’s circle.  As much as I like this trotter, he is, quite frankly, no lead-pipe cinch (a few others in this field can be competitive); yet, this guy certainly looks like “a player”.  Caveat: Don’t expect too much flat-bet returns at the mutuel windows.  This bay may be better suited for your exotic plays.  Mike Watson trains this 8-year old gelding. Others: 7 Lauderdale: 5 Checkmate Time; 1 Seventeen Tabs.

Race Two:

The second case on the docket…   I mean the second race on the card is the GSY amateur event, “Hot to Trot”.  I agree with the “Big M’s” handicapper and ML oddsmaker, Dave Brower, that the winner will likely be coming from one of the mid-pack horses.  I’m leaning powerfully in the direction of: 6 PARTY ON THE RIVER. This guy has been a model of consistency in his recent tries.  He was “run down” last week in deep stretch by the eventual winner, Hot Summer Knight.  This evening, look for this Kadabra-bred to once again be “rolling on the river,” early.  He should, once again, be in an excellent position to mount his late charge.  Roy Marohn is in the bike for trainer/owner Mark Ford. Others: 4 Global Revolution; 5 Danish Durango; 9 Hot Summer Knight.

Race Three:

4 ZEPHYR KRONOS. Question: “To be or not to be?”  Will this Ready Cash-bred 3-year old bay colt act like a gentle breeze (as his name suggests) and win this race, or will he “dance” up a storm and take himself out of the picture?  That, as “the Bard on the Avon” might have suggested in Hamlet, is the question.  The Hall of Fame trainer, Jimmy Takter - he’s talked about taking time off after this 2018 campaign – is in the bike.  Caveat emptor: This guy has gone off gait in his last two.  This youngster hasn’t been in a pari-mutuel race (Red Mile) in over six months.  Yet, it’s his recent qualifier that intrigues.  Solid.  If this fella races back to his qualifier, he can win.  That is if he stays flat.  As usual, in cases like these, especially with young trotters, I would counsel: “Buying insurance”.  Others: 5 Velvatter; 6 Voss Volo; 8 Cowboy Hall.

Race Four:

2 SAND ARTIST is a well-bred 3-year old filly who retains the services of “The Bionic Man,” Tim Tetrick.   This gal acquitted herself quite well last year in the NYSS races.  Until recently, she’s been away from the races.  That recent race on a good track in a time of 1:53.1 says that she should be taking a step forward this evening.  She again draws an excellent starting post; that gives Tetrick all kinds of options (she has gone to the front in the past).  Linda Toscano trains this Art Major-bred.  Others: 1 Butchie Beach; 3 Lulu De Vie; 4 Red Snapper.

Race Five:

1 LOVELY LYNNLY draws inside in a trot in which a handful of gals take on the boys.  This Muscles Yankee-bred seems to be coming up to a big race.  This mare’s got the kind of speed to prevail here.  All she needs is the trip.  Brett Miller’s in the bike for trainer Jake Leamon.  Others: 9 U Need Stones, 6 Seven Karats; 5 Gemologist.

Race Six:

7 INVERSE HANOVER keeps getting better.  Just missed last week.  The game plan should be:  Make the front and then ration...ration…ration.  This gal should be primed.   Any kinda trip…  I repeat: Any kinda trip will lead to a trip to the winner’s circle.  Brett Miller in the bike for trainer Ed Hart.  Others: 6 Clear Idea; 5 Keystone Riptide; 2 Penpal.

Race Seven:

7 CHROMEO has won three straight in 2018.  I believe he can make it four-in-a-row, though I expect this guy to be tested.  It’s just that there isn’t much speed in front of him.  “Buckeye,” Dave Miller, should be able to get this fella to the top and then rate him.  I believe he provides some value here.  Trond Smedshammer trains.  Others: 1 Double L Lindy; 8 P L Icabod; 6 Triumphant’s Chip.

Race Eight:

4 SPEEDO MISS has won – that’s undeniable – five straight on half-mile ovals.  This gal will now get tested on “the big track”.  Will she be equal to the occasion?  We’ll soon find out.  The breeding is there.  And so is the trainer, Mark Harder, and the driver, “The Orange Crush,” Andy Miller.  I guess the question remains: How will this gal do on a one-mile oval?  I, for one, say she’s got a chance.  Others: Majorsspeciallady; 3 Peekaboo Love; 5 The Second Star.

Race Nine:

2 BETTERTHANBRIE turned in a very sharp qualifier in preparation for her first 2018 pari-mutuel start.  If that “qualie’s” any indication, this gal should be near the front.  Yet, nota bene: she did break in her previous qualifier.  I would consider “Buying insurance”.  Dave Miller’s in the sulky for trainer Jimmy Takter.  If you’re looking elsewhere?:  4 ParkavenueJuliean n; 1 Step Beyond; 5 Presto Blue Chip

EPM

• Elite
Re: Meadowlands: Friday, May 4
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2018, 06:48:25 PM »
Bump

seriously

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2018, 09:22:16 PM »
1st time Lasix and Pat up...enough for me to say NO THANK YOU! 

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2018, 09:33:13 PM »
1st time Lasix and Pat up...enough for me to say NO THANK YOU! 

he tried to win that race  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Rfan31

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2018, 09:34:23 PM »
How can any gambler think their getting a fair gambling product at M1 now when majority of all the drivers in each race are Millers.... Like how did Meadowlands fall apart like this....

M1 used to be the track to play on a Friday night. Now their programs are collecting dust in the corner.

I'm at Churchill right now and their is not one tv with M1 on right now.

5starharnessracingpicks

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 09:35:14 PM »
he tried to win that race  ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

Of course he did, his stable obviously bet him hard tonight. So glad he had nothing.

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2018, 09:48:46 PM »
Just like I thought..... get away slow, can't catch up to cover, except tonight his lead hands have her going backwards late at another underlayed price.
pat is a very big gambler ,loves to go dead as a favorite,he has cheated the public his whole life,a big scum bag

Rfan31

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2018, 09:51:03 PM »
Race 7 Ex 3,6/1,3,6

vcjt1961

• NW-1
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2018, 10:05:41 PM »
I want to know how this guy makes a living. He is by far one of the worst drivers in  harness history! Did you see how bad he drove penpal AGAIN this week.
He has the 2 hole, instead of leaving around the 1 horse and getting a 3 or 4 hole trip, wait for the 7 to clear after a 26.4 opener, pull and go and grind and take the lead
No this nitwit sits 6th then pulls from way back and gets a second over to far to come trip. He makes that good horse look worse and more worse every week. I would love to buy that horse
I would improve that horse 2 full seconds EASILY just on his horror show driving alone. Thank god for daddy otherwise he would never make it in this industry, unbelievable to watch this guy.
If his horses all were for sale or in claimers , they all would be gone tomorrow, because everyone knows how bad he is and would be able to improve every single animal in that barn and make
more money than that guy! MY GOD!!!!!!

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2018, 10:06:33 PM »
Congrats to ATC on the win

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2018, 10:11:21 PM »
he gets bashed on here every time he drives

so why are you betting him
know better

or get gambling help

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2018, 10:12:48 PM »
he does that on purpuse,he is a gambler,loves going dead to cheat the public ,if he bets he wins,if he goes dead hes betting against him self

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2018, 10:27:14 PM »
he does that on purpuse,he is a gambler,loves going dead to cheat the public ,if he bets he wins,if he goes dead hes betting against him self
100% correct

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2018, 10:29:20 PM »
I’m just confused as to why you guys bash him after he drives terribly

I guess confusion is reserved for the clear minded

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2018, 10:31:33 PM »
he bwts every race

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Unclejerry: See you live opening night at Scioto Downs May 8, Live Bets and real gambling
    April 27, 2024, 10:03:40 PM
  • Unclejerry: Egg on my face $22.20
    April 27, 2024, 09:35:17 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's your boob in race 6 waiting on price
    April 27, 2024, 09:32:14 PM
  • Unclejerry: Race 5 bet has been posted
    April 27, 2024, 08:58:28 PM
  • Unclejerry: There's going to be a price in Jerry's Thread Tonight !!!
    April 27, 2024, 08:49:13 PM
  • Unclejerry: In race 4
    April 27, 2024, 08:46:31 PM
  • Unclejerry: Super/Tri/Eacta just given out in Jerrys thread !
    April 27, 2024, 08:45:55 PM
  • Unclejerry: Check Jerry's thread often bets are being made and posted
    April 27, 2024, 07:15:49 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal