Author Topic: Meadowlands: Sat., April 14  (Read 5032 times)

harnessmaven

• NW-1
Meadowlands: Sat., April 14
« on: April 14, 2018, 11:13:22 AM »
Race One:

7 JK PARLAY came out “swinging” after three-month “vacation”. Wasn’that qualifier was impressive (closing panel :26.4)!  Is this guy for real?  Too fast for this bunch?  Likely.  But, on the other hand, quite frankly, I make that “too fast” comment with a degree of trepidation.  Fact:There’s a whole lot of front-speed “goin’ on” in this opener.  Can this guy be “hung out to dry”?  Not an impossibility, and at his presumed even-money or lower odds!  He’ll have to do better than his :28.1 first-panel qualifier time if he hopes to be “on the engine”.   Personally, I’d “buy insurance”.  A word to the wise is sufficient.  “The Orange Crush,” Andy Miller, is in the bike for trainer Nick Surick.  Others: 1 Yo Apollo Creed; 4 Apple Heir; 2 Rock On Line.

Race Two:

2 BETTORHAVEANOTHER appears to have the controlling speed to prevail over this bunch in the 2nd leg of THE BURNING POINT.  This Bettor’s Delight-bred mare (she won her opening leg in this series) should be out and going when the wings retract.  This 6-year old will likely be playing “catch me if you can” as “The Captain,” Corey Callahan, looks to ration out this gal’s speed and endurance.  If there’s enough left in her equine “tank,” she should prevail.  Ron Burke trains.  Others: 5 Apple Bottom Jeans; 3 Tica Hanover; 6 Filly Forty Seven.

Race Three:

1 STORM TRACKER draws the rail after a solid 2nd place finish from an “outside” post in the opening leg of THE BURNING POINT.  This inside start gives her pilot, Victor Kirby, all kinds of options.  This gal should be forwardly placed.  She should - if all goes well - be sitting in a perfect  striking position.  Linda Toscano trains this Big Jim-bred brown mare. Others: 6 Kiss Me Onthebeach; 7 Windsun Glory; 4 Princess Fabulosa. 

Race Four:

4 POP’s ROMEO is my longshot pick on this evening’s card in what I perceive as a wide-open race.  Before you say, “Tu sei pazzo,” hear me out.  This guy was moving steadily in the outside flow (his running style) on the backstretch in his first try - at least in recent memory - over “The Big Mile”.  I’ll give him that race as an “acclimator”.  I believe he can improve off that effort.  This fella may be able to close into what I see as a relatively fast pace.  Eric Abbatiello handles the lines for owner-trainer Brian Wright.  Others: 1 G W T; 6 California Cruisin; 3 True Cut.

Race Five:

1 DAIYMAR appears to coming up to a big race.  His last effort was none too shabby as he just missed; he finished 3rd less than one length off the winner.  This guy now draws inside.  That gives his driver, Montrell Teague, all kinds of options.  With the right trip, this Mr Wiggles-bred 4-year old can prevail.  Clyde Francis trains.  Others: 5 Beyond Delight; 3 Emeritus Maximus; 4 Nocturnal Bluechip.

Race Six:

7 BARIMAH A gets my nod in the THE WHATA BARON series.  As Meadowlands oddsmaker and handicapper extraordinaire, Dave Brower, says about this gelding’s chances, "…has to get into it a tad earlier”.  This guy should be grinding from his outside starting post, but he can’t let the presumed favorite, Windsong Leo, steal away, up front, as he did last week.  It all comes down to “timing”.  The great drivers have a stopwatch in their head.  They know: the exact moment.  Andy Miller handles the reins for trainer Scott DiDomenico.   Others: 4 Windsong Leo; 1 Dorel; 3 Air Strike.

Race Seven:

2 CHUCARO ACERO BC.  That was some mile this guy turned in recently at “The Oval on Park Ave,” a.k.a., Freehold Raceway.  He finally wrested the lead after an eye-popping :27.1 first panel.  Yet, he came home in a swift :28.4 (remember: this is a tight-turned half-mile track).  If he’s as sharp as he appears to be on paper, he merits serious consideration.  This 7-year old (how often do you see an Argentine mare) has the servicers of “Team Miller”: Andy Ray in the bike; his wife, Julie, is the conditioner.  Others: 9 Glass Prince; 6 Calvin B; 10 FrankandJoanne.

Race Eight:

6 TALENT SOUP just faded to 2nd in his last, a needed tightener.  He’s coming up to a big race.  He’s dropping.  Make no mistake.  He can make amends for his recent beaten-favorite role.  Victor Kirby reprises the drive.  He must break alertly.  If all goes well, he should be “on the engine”.  Then, it’ll be: ration…ration…ration.  Bruce Saunders trains this Somebeachsomewher e-bred 4-year old.  Others: 2 The Fire Within; 10 Bettors Glass; 8 Spaghetti Eddie.

Race Nine:

4 TRANSITIONING JOY took advantage of a race that “fell apart” after the prohibitive favorite in last week’s opener, Lawrencetown Beach, broke on the far turn.  Yet, I believe this guy can be a factor in his own right. This colt shows potential.  He’s proved he can handle “the big mile”.  He should only build off last week’s stellar effort.  I wouldn’t be surprised… Montrell Teague drives for trainer Clyde Francis.  Others: 2 Lawrencetown Beach; 1 Big N Bad; 6 More Dragon.

Race Ten:

2 BIG STRETCH MARK.  It looks like an “Inside Job” (not the documentary).  I like the first three or four post-position horses.  Which one?  That is the question.  I’m opting for the former stockbroker, Eric Abbatiello, to win the finale.  This guy has reached his optimal level.  He has a solid starting post.  This Artscape-bred should be in a good stalking position.  All Eric A. need do at the top of the stretch is: J’attaque!  Paul Jessop trains this 5-year old brown gelding.  Others: 1 Ballerat Boomerang; 4 Art History; 3 Capozzo.

EPM

• Elite
Re: Meadowlands: Sat., April 14
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2018, 11:38:30 AM »
Just playing P4 races..1st leg race 8 using 126 in p4 and 26/126/124610 tri. Good Luck All

EPM

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2018, 03:39:02 PM »
Race 7 is 1st leg not race 8  11.rdit

stanetelman

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2018, 04:08:15 PM »
It's 2 win and 3 place on all of Corey Callahan's drives tonight. $50 total

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2018, 04:41:00 PM »
Thanks guys for all the info

flyflysolly

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2018, 04:46:02 PM »
Stay away from Waikiki Beach.

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2018, 07:55:50 PM »
How can anyone bet this dump with Vic Kirby on 2/5 shots (and winning)?

silent one

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2018, 09:14:01 PM »
 How can anyone bet this dump with Jeff Gural in charge? The assclown TALKS about integrity but has no idea what the word means. You want proof? Two simple words. ANDY MILLER. Every night this talentless hack goes out and PROVES he can not win a race unless the horse is drugged out of his eyeballs. Gural wants actual thinking, rational people to wager their hard earned dollars on his cesspool. Just close the dump down, along with his two other cesspools, and the sport will be better off.

Sincerely, Silent One

EPM

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2018, 09:22:23 PM »
R7 pick 4 124610/567/12/13

flyflysolly

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2018, 10:58:01 PM »
How can anyone bet this dump with Vic Kirby on 2/5 shots (and winning)?
They obviously do as the PRIME harness betting venue in North America BY A LANDSLIDE, and will top $2 million again with only 10 races. 

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2018, 10:58:42 PM »
beach needs a new home
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

flyflysolly

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2018, 11:01:50 PM »
Waikiki Beach won't race better with a month off in Hawaii Luc.  That 1:50:2 Pompano mile ended his career here, there, and everywhere!

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2018, 11:25:47 PM »
beach needs a new home
and trace teatrick

silent one

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2018, 12:22:55 AM »
 And the lying sack of crap Jeff Gural is STILL losing money. All you keep saying is the handle. $300K increase is not going to keep the Pig M alive. No good horses, no good drivers, horse doping trainers employed by Gural...... what a great venue. If he changed that bar name to STINK, at least there would be some truth there.

Sincerely, Silent One

cornishcommish

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2018, 08:09:13 AM »
To Harnessmaven..... ................. ..nice job..interesting comments, and 9 of your 10 top picks finished in the top 4, with 3 winners
Nice to see a "real post" on here.  Do it again for us each Saturday

Its too bad    silent one    doesn't act his name , and be just that...SILENT

He must be "fun" to be around...never a positive thing to say. 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    Today at 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    Today at 12:36:34 PM
  • Janny: I guess Diddy found out it’s not easy Pimpin.
    Today at 10:57:29 AM
  • Calhoun: Diddy say All's Good.  I'm happy this brother set free
    March 27, 2024, 11:57:59 AM
  • Unclejerry: Dr, Poopenstein was really P.Diddy
    March 27, 2024, 10:08:00 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: P. Diddle aint coming back here EVER!
    March 27, 2024, 07:54:44 AM
  • Calhoun: Damn.. P Diddy on the run .. That young puzzy be costing him.
    March 26, 2024, 08:08:38 AM
  • Calhoun: Closing Day .. Red Mile Quarter Horse
    March 26, 2024, 08:07:25 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal