Author Topic: Opening Night Ocean Downs...summer is here  (Read 16686 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Opening Night Ocean Downs...summer is here
« Reply #30 on: May 26, 2025, 03:09:32 AM »
Started when Richard Ring was the top driver..1967

As I recall Richard Ring's fulltime job was working for DP&L, (Delmarva Power). You also probably remember Guy Banks.

JL52

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 444
Re: Opening Night Ocean Downs...summer is here
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2025, 10:19:57 AM »
Is it Richard Ring, or Richard Ringler? I remember Guy Banks.

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Opening Night Ocean Downs...summer is here
« Reply #32 on: May 26, 2025, 11:11:28 AM »
It's both, Richard Ringler who passed away fairly recently was more a trainer than anything and used to develop alot of Pat Lachance's horses. Richard Ring had a very small stable, his best horse was Phillip G.

RR70s

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 117
Re: Opening Night Ocean Downs...summer is here
« Reply #33 on: May 26, 2025, 12:23:51 PM »
Running Aces is One of the few tracks that I have not been to.Been to Canterberry a few times and they drew well. People in Minnesota need to get out when springtime comes and no better way than to spend the day at the track
I agree with you. I’ll add Emerald Downs also as a nice track with big crowds. Seems like the crowds don’t translate into handle because it seems like it’s a social outing for most.
Ocean Downs is great. After a day in Ocean City it’s great to go to the races at night.

sledge hammer

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1712
Re: Opening Night Ocean Downs...summer is here
« Reply #34 on: May 26, 2025, 12:35:03 PM »
I agree with you. I’ll add Emerald Downs also as a nice track with big crowds. Seems like the crowds don’t translate into handle because it seems like it’s a social outing for most.
Ocean Downs is great. After a day in Ocean City it’s great to go to the races at night.

I will concur with Emerald Downs...I have been there a few times when visiting family in Seattle and they get a great on-track crowd.
Aces is definitely one of the tracks I would like to visit.

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4754
Re: Opening Night Ocean Downs...summer is here
« Reply #35 on: May 26, 2025, 12:59:54 PM »
Is it Richard Ring, or Richard Ringler? I remember Guy Banks.

Richard Ring. He lived in Salisbury and his dad helped him. Very nice people and he was meets leading driver many years. Our family had a few with him and we did quite well racing for $500..lol

Richard Ringler no relation.
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Opening Night Ocean Downs...summer is here
« Reply #36 on: May 26, 2025, 01:04:56 PM »
Richard Ring. He lived in Salisbury and his dad helped him. Very nice people and he was meets leading driver many years. Our family had a few with him and we did quite well racing for $500..lol

Richard Ringler no relation.

I remember him from Georgetown Raceway back in the 70's. They also raced for $500 purses regardless of the class, but alot of them raced 2 out of 3 nights per week, some even 2 nights in a row.

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4754
Re: Opening Night Ocean Downs...summer is here
« Reply #37 on: May 26, 2025, 01:12:56 PM »
I remember him from Georgetown Raceway back in the 70's. They also raced for $500 purses regardless of the class, but alot of them raced 2 out of 3 nights per week, some even 2 nights in a row.

Raced there as well back in late 60's early 70's. Cold as shit!
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Opening Night Ocean Downs...summer is here
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2025, 01:18:17 PM »
Raced there as well back in late 60's early 70's. Cold as shit!

 
There used to be a Star bus we took from Clemente's Travel Center in New Castle down there. One snowy Saturday night we were running late because the roads were bad, and they held up the 1st race until the bus got there.

seen2much

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2994
Re: Opening Night Ocean Downs...summer is here
« Reply #39 on: May 26, 2025, 02:01:59 PM »
Don't forget the more you bet the less you lose when you win! Geore Anthony
KING!

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: LOL! Nice to have you back my friend. We might make some bucks today!
    Today at 10:46:56 AM
  • Trigger: It's a good day to bet horses Dougie, for some people every day is a good day tp eat candy while sitting on the crapper  ngc3
    Today at 10:42:46 AM
  • dougie: BIG DAY AT BELMONT FOLKS!!!!! GET THOSE WAGERS READY!!!!!
    Today at 10:37:24 AM
  • wiggles44: The EAA facebook group would love these screenshots :)
    Today at 10:36:47 AM
  • G: Wiggles thank you for these beautiful screenshots
    Today at 10:35:54 AM
  • G: I must say I thoroughly enjoy wiggles screenshots
    Today at 10:35:46 AM
  • G: When I talked to the carriage horse woman and mentioned your name she hung up the phone
    Today at 10:35:14 AM
  • wiggles44: Screenshots
    Today at 10:32:22 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal