Author Topic: Yonkers announcer  (Read 21741 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Yonkers announcer
« Reply #60 on: May 16, 2025, 12:11:19 PM »
I was at Roosevelt the night Foreman and Ali fought in their famous Rumble in the Jungle.

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Yonkers announcer
« Reply #61 on: May 16, 2025, 12:15:32 PM »
I'm sure alot of people aren't aware that Jack E Lee was also the announcer at Roosevelt Raceway for a long time.

I would be shocked if this crowd didn't know he was Roosevelts announcer

this is an elderly audience here

Sam R

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2456
Re: Yonkers announcer
« Reply #62 on: May 16, 2025, 12:39:13 PM »
I guess that I am a dinosaur because I go back to Fred Capposela at NYRA. Now back to Wynn Elliot.

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: Yonkers announcer
« Reply #63 on: May 16, 2025, 12:54:02 PM »
I guess that I am a dinosaur because I go back to Fred Capposela at NYRA. Now back to Wynn Elliot.


I was a toddler when it was Chic Anderson then Marshall Cassidy

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Yonkers announcer
« Reply #64 on: May 16, 2025, 01:19:30 PM »
I would be shocked if this crowd didn't know he was Roosevelts announcer

this is an elderly audience here

I haven't checked birth certificates recently and don't know what area most of you are from.

Brooklyn Brawler

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 229
Re: Yonkers announcer
« Reply #65 on: May 16, 2025, 01:21:46 PM »
I watch and wager every night at Yonkers. The past few nights were awful. One guy, Larry Fox?, is a wannabe George Anthony and adds his own brand of bad handicapping to the broadcast. Last night was this John fella from the Meadowlands who tries to sound like Dave Little. If you catch TVG/FanDuel on a Saturday night, you’ll know what I mean.

Edison Hatter and George Anthony, I can tolerate. George has always been a tool, but at this point I kind of enjoy him. Anthony Stabile called the races last Saturday night and did a good job.

Liberty Bell

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1612
Re: Yonkers announcer
« Reply #66 on: May 16, 2025, 01:26:16 PM »
Considering Edison hasn't been announcing very long I think he does a decent job. If I'm watching Yonkers and George Anthony is announcing, I have to mute it because I can't stand him trying to reincarnate Jack E Lee.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • JT: Big trade with the maple leafs today tmbz1
    Today at 09:56:20 PM
  • bello: darnod...enjoy the grandkids. This place should just be an idiotic pasttime. Dougoe got it  right.
    Today at 09:55:56 PM
  • JT: Nice   tmbz1 I am a big Columbus Blue Jackets fan..they always are bad.
    Today at 09:55:03 PM
  • darnoldrocks: Beau easy winner in 1:49/3
    Today at 09:53:51 PM
  • darnoldrocks: One of my grandkids.
    Today at 09:53:35 PM
  • JT: Who did you go see play?
    Today at 09:50:36 PM
  • darnoldrocks: I'm going to watch Beau first.
    Today at 09:46:39 PM
  • darnoldrocks: Awesome.   I'm looking for a user named Heyref !!
    Today at 09:46:07 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal