Author Topic: Opinions.borrowing money to friends at the race track let’s hear some stories  (Read 2386 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

LUCPARK

  • Living Legend
  • *******
  • Posts: 57856
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Hint

You’re never gonna get it back  ngc3 ngc3 tmbz1
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

captaintreacherous

  • Open / FFA
  • ****
  • Posts: 352
If a friend wishes to "borrow" money at the track...

I would just be a Good Christian and Give him the money..


A Birthday present.

Calhoun

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 16490
If the guy uses paper clips for shoe laces, you probably won't get paid back

Lockedin with Pace

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1553
When you lend money to a friend at the racetrack, they turn into magicians and do a disappearing act. They will hide, lie, and avoid you not to pay you back.

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2602
When you lend money to a friend at the racetrack, they turn into magicians and do a disappearing act. They will hide, lie, and avoid you not to pay you back.
When I was younger, there used to be "shylocks" lending money at the Big A. I wonder if that still happens in this day and age.

andrew

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4390
 only once
sitting at bar/otb. friend sittin next to me havin a really bad day
asks me if i got a hundred
says he got a lock
i gave it to him
horse won
he gave me the hundred right back
bought the bar a round
and left
guess you could say i gambled cause i wasnt sure how it play out
that was the only time anyone ever asked..  tmbz1

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2602
only once
sitting at bar/otb. friend sittin next to me havin a really bad day
asks me if i got a hundred
says he got a lock
i gave it to him
horse won
he gave me the hundred right back
bought the bar a round
and left
guess you could say i gambled cause i wasnt sure how it play out
that was the only time anyone ever asked..  tmbz1
That worked out good for you. I've loaned friends money at the track. I'm still waiting.....

John Moody

  • Top Claimer
  • ***
  • Posts: 165
40 years ago at Northville Downs I went busted , it was 3 below zero , went to car , would not start , went back in wanted to make phone call , phone calls were 10 cents , I asked 17 people for it , all 17 owed me money , nobody gave me a penny , yet they all were betting ... good night

Kirby's Ace

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 4754
If a friend wishes to "borrow" money at the track...

I would just be a Good Christian and Give him the money..


A Birthday present.

Yes and he'll never bother you again!
9/09/26 A day of celebration!

dougie

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2602
Yes and he'll never bother you again!
I heard that on "A Bronx Tale" LOL!

Checked Up

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 738
Yes and he'll never bother you again!
The real J.M. NEVER owned a car ,he is a Pick-Up man!! Nice try 😏

SeattleSlew

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 701
Was in the clubhouse at RR late 1970's or so (my wife and I had the box on the finish line in the front row for 12 years, ticket seller at the window retired on my tips.)  Was walking back to my seat and in the box next to us was Lou Monte (singer of some note in the 50's and 60's whom I knew of, but didn't "know").  Dressed in a very stylish suit.  As I was about to sit down he reached over, extended his hand and said something like "Hi, I'm Lou Monte and I own horses and enjoy the races."  Said that he had left his overcoat with his wallet, with his party in the Cloud Casino and could I lend him $100 and he would get it back to me shortly, when he got his coat.  Never saw the fuxxer again in my life.

Trigger

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 12671
Put me in for a twenty  ngc3

seen2much

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2989
There were plenty of degenerates at the Meadowlands. There were those who borrowed money and would disappear. The Meadowlands was big and crowded back in the day. This type of gambler would hide on another floor.
My favorite was the tout. The guy was so unlucky. It was not his fault that he was broke. The lucky one was whoever would make a bet for him. He had a lock in such and such race. One of them was throwing out names. My friends and I were not interested. Finally I said who the F is his source? He looked astonished that I didn't know the name of a groom who worked for the trainer. We had enough of him and a large annoyed friend told him to F off in an aggressive manner. He nervous laughed it off as he moved on. A nice gentleman was sitting alone a few tables away. This guy made the bet and they were partners, couldn't lose, and would pay him back next time if... Of course they lost. The older gentleman passed away years later and never was paid back.

We would be a group of anywhere from 4-10 back in the glory days. The way we rolled if someone hit big they would help someone having a bad night. A big hit always led to a round of drinks and some food. We didn't keep track of I gave you and you gave me and so on.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2026, 08:18:02 AM by seen2much »

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: At Plop U. my alma mater, the motto is - Flush Your Life Away...II feel I've successfully lived up to it as well as keep up with my student loan interest payments to Rocky directly..shere does that $$$$ go  ngc3
    Today at 08:37:45 AM
  • JL52: JL52
    Today at 08:21:00 AM
  • Trigger: When Plop Admin kills a nigga he stays dead...in Tennessee, Krista Pike was give a lethal injection, then another, which didn't get here dead but snore loudly.  Talk about incompetant cunts...in other news there our beloved Dolly Parton remains deceased.  Guess if you wanna kill someone righy there ask an old woman  ngc3
    Today at 08:01:28 AM
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day doing nothing today.   :)
    Today at 07:42:38 AM
  • Trigger: You must receive a prize after saying "dick pic" in this forum 20 times today  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:18:23 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: And put your pecker away you pervert
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:12 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Repeat 10 times and say 5 hail Mary's. Kirbys Ace, Kirbys Ace Kirbys Ace,Kirbys Ace and the last one Kirby's Ace!
    September 30, 2026, 11:15:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal