Author Topic: Billy Rhoades update?  (Read 4916 times)

bello

• Elite
Billy Rhoades update?
« on: January 02, 2024, 03:02:52 PM »

I see Braiden Rhoades took over his horses as of yesterday.

Did he plead guilty and take the 60 days or does this start his 1 year ban?

Braiden still using Merriman but my guess is we will continue to see a barn downturn.

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
Re: Billy Rhoades update?
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2024, 03:51:41 PM »
what med was the 1 year for?

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2024, 03:54:54 PM »
Same shit, different people. Just insert a new name, it just goes on and on. Sad but reality

SwankToliverA

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2024, 04:00:21 PM »

Methamphetamine

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2024, 04:00:29 PM »
I heard it was crystal meth but I am not 100% sure.

SwankToliverA

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: January 02, 2024, 04:01:22 PM »
Bello haven't heard anything about it recently. This isn't the first time Braiden has been listed though, since it happened.

Dingus

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: January 02, 2024, 04:19:40 PM »
https://paulickreport.com/news/the-biz/meth-positives-in-ohio-two-harness-racing-trainers-handed-one-year-suspensions/

Gotta love if not appealed the suspension is reduced from 365 to 60 days.
If the racing commission is so sure of their findings, why are they afraid of an appeal?

SwankToliverA

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: January 02, 2024, 05:17:09 PM »
I believe it's still on appeal- he appealed on 2/11/23

bello

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2024, 05:20:12 PM »
Below are excerpts from an interview with DRF. it is from 03-23-23. with Derick Giwner.

He was adamant he was innocent and not going to take the 60 days. Than crickets. That is why I am asking. Guessing something happened which his son is listed as trainer/beard?  Would him and/or his vet wife be low enough to juice while their kid is listed as trainer. My guess is no. But who knows.

"Let’s discuss the elephant in the room, the Class 1 positive test by Sheswildnfree, who you trained on November 8, 2022 in a victory. First, are you innocent and did you appeal the one-year suspension?

Yes I am innocent. I also declined their offer. By them going from one year to 60 days shows me they know that I didn’t do this.

You mentioned the Ohio Racing Commission offering a 60-day reduced sentence if you didn’t appeal. Was that ever a viable option from your perspective just to get it over with?

Never was it an option. I can’t admit guilt to something I’m not guilty of. By taking the 60 days would be saying I authorized my horse to receive methamphetamine.

The appeal is also to challenge the OSRC rules in general. The purpose of the rules is to prevent intentional use of medication for performance enhancement so that the integrity of racing is maintained. What needs to be reviewed by the Commission is the fact that laboratory instruments are becoming more and more refined, detecting the smallest amounts of substances, down to trace amounts, that were previously not detectible. When the sophistication of the equipment increases, finding substances that otherwise went undetected but were probably present, the next obvious question is, is the amount of methamphetamine found performance enhancing? The OSRC will not provide us with the quantity, yet, which is imperative to our argument.

Some sources are claiming the positive was a result of tainted urine from a caretaker. Do you believe that to be true?

We are trying to discover what was contaminated that the horse came into contact with that resulted in possibly being found in her sample. We are not ruling out that the contamination could have occurred after her race, either while the sample was being drawn or at the lab. The source and timing of the contamination is questionable, knowing I did not administer the drug or any other medication that has Methamphetamine as a component

The transmissibility of methamphetamine from human consumption through contact with a horse is a factor that has to be considered. The increase of recreational drug usage in humans has become so prominent that the opportunities for contamination have increased exponentially, making virtually impossible to monitor a horse every second of the day. Contamination can occur in stalls in the test barns. Stalls that a trainer has no control over cleaning and sanitizing. Bedding, stall walls, and drinking water are examples of how horses can test positive for a medication through contamination.

The application of what is known as the “absolute insurer rule” seems to have given the OSRC the attitude that a trainer never has a defense to a medication positive when there is no threshold listed. It is the OSRC’s responsibility to periodically review its policies and medication levels to keep up with the ever-changing technology and environmental contaminates that directly influence the testing done, but not answering the ultimate question, which is, in the mere presence of a prohibited substance, performance enhancing, which is in the OSRC rules."

MIKE CAMPBELL

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: January 02, 2024, 06:02:11 PM »
Contamination excuse is such BULLSHIT. More people take tylenol and aleve. How come horses aren't coming up positive for that?

shamrock stable

• Top Claimer
« Reply #11 on: January 02, 2024, 07:54:50 PM »
So what really happened was the tongue tie fell on the ground. There was meth residue from the previous groom on the ground where the tongue tie fell. Clearly the ground was contaminated which contaminated the tongue tie which then contaminated the horse. It's so easy.

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: January 02, 2024, 09:56:00 PM »
I see Braiden Rhoades took over his horses as of yesterday.

Did he plead guilty and take the 60 days or does this start his 1 year ban?

Braiden still using Merriman but my guess is we will continue to see a barn downturn.

Last I heard Ohio was not licensing him as a trainer. Which, okay that’s fine. But then they let his kid race? Kinda takes away from the punishment.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2024, 10:05:38 PM »
So what really happened was the tongue tie fell on the ground. There was meth residue from the previous groom on the ground where the tongue tie fell. Clearly the ground was contaminated which contaminated the tongue tie which then contaminated the horse. It's so easy.
I remember when they supplied tongue ties at Pompano and watched you put them on.  People were putting nitroglycerine in the ties.

okdfool

• Open / FFA
« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2024, 10:12:15 PM »
Last I heard Ohio was not licensing him as a trainer. Which, okay that’s fine. But then they let his kid race? Kinda takes away from the punishment.

LOL! So he's the groom now and his kid is the trainer? That's funny , he's on the grounds every day so nothing really changed , only Ohio, even Tricia S sneaks on the grounds what a joke! Ohio

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal