Author Topic: Calling all oldtimers....  (Read 3064 times)

old guy

• Stakes Horse
Re: Calling all oldtimers....
« Reply #30 on: October 13, 2023, 06:43:05 AM »
1.) Mike was from North Bellmore (where I went to high school many moons ago) and definitely was a "player" back then.
2.) Gilmour is the one who was beaten by the "Mob" at the Island Inn.  Brutal!!
Correct

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2023, 07:34:24 AM »
Yes definitely... I have a neighbor who says he grew up in the same area of Baltimore and he says that's where Nancy Pelosi hails from and that in the neighborhood, her old man and the whole family were "pure trash"   His words, not mine.

SeattleSlew

• Open / FFA
« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2023, 07:50:22 AM »
Yes definitely... I have a neighbor who says he grew up in the same area of Baltimore and he says that's where Nancy Pelosi hails from and that in the neighborhood, her old man and the whole family were "pure trash"   His words, not mine.

Bellmore, Long Island...a bit greener than Baltimore ;>>)

remington

• Open / FFA
« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2023, 09:21:20 AM »
Remember all of that plus I can tell a lot more true stories.

Mazola

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2023, 09:57:15 AM »

Was Nancy a trainer or driver?

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2023, 10:58:25 AM »
Bellmore, Long Island...a bit greener than Baltimore ;>>)
??

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2023, 10:59:11 AM »
Nancy? Both - real POS

Babinga

• 4 claimer
« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2023, 11:50:05 AM »
Here's another trivia question from the "old" days at RR/YR:  Herve had a low-to-mid level claimer that won something like 10 in-a-row and just kept on winning even after his streak was broken.  NOBODY would claim the horse because... well, he was Herve!  What was the name of this horse?  Note: I don't think this is too hard but you never know.  Only from memory please (no internet searches).

Babi     

7minuteAbz

• Top Claimer
« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2023, 11:50:11 AM »
She is pushing for her nephew, Gavin Newsom, to replace Biden on the ticket.

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #39 on: October 13, 2023, 12:19:52 PM »
Here's another trivia question from the "old" days at RR/YR:  Herve had a low-to-mid level claimer that won something like 10 in-a-row and just kept on winning even after his streak was broken.  NOBODY would claim the horse because... well, he was Herve!  What was the name of this horse?  Note: I don't think this is too hard but you never know.  Only from memory please (no internet searches).

Babi   
Rabbit
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2023, 12:41:36 PM »

Babi   
Wasnt it the horse I mentioned in a different thread? Branch Dan Prince

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2023, 12:44:52 PM »
Rabbit

I agree Rabbit he would lay down in the stall for two days after racing. Saw Herve let prospective claimers warm him up and then they wouldn’t claim.

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2023, 12:58:06 PM »
I agree Rabbit he would lay down in the stall for two days after racing. Saw Herve let prospective claimers warm him up and then they wouldn’t claim.

The story I heard (don't know if it true or not) is that Rabbit won several in a row in $8,000 claimers.
The race sec.(maybe Jimmy Lynch) wrote the next $8,000 claimer as winners of last 6 not eligible.  So Herve put Rabbit in for $6,000.
The claiming prices might be wrong, but it makes for a good story.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2023, 01:01:03 PM by Meadow Ford »
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Babinga

• 4 claimer
« Reply #43 on: October 13, 2023, 01:00:00 PM »

Maybe Herve had more than one of these type horses but no one has got the answer l’m looking for.  A couple of hints - the horses name is one word like “Rabbit”.  Also, this was circa 1974.  BTW, unless you know the horses name, an internet search probably wouldn’t help.  I tried!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #44 on: October 13, 2023, 01:08:27 PM »
Maybe Herve had more than one of these type horses but no one has got the answer l’m looking for.  A couple of hints - the horses name is one word like “Rabbit”.  Also, this was circa 1974.  BTW, unless you know the horses name, an internet search probably wouldn’t help.  I tried!
Slightly before my time then. so i wouldn't know the horse you mean.  A few years later Herve and Mike Lavalee had a broken down 10k claimer named Branch Dan Prince who others on here said raced midwest circuit. Anyway Herve did indeed win 10 in a row at least with him. Word was they used skunk/muskrat oil on his legs. It became a wonder ointment and suddenly everyone was using it.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    Today at 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    Today at 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal