Author Topic: I Guess I Need To Educate Some People  (Read 3844 times)

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Re: I Guess I Need To Educate Some People
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2023, 12:22:45 AM »
One thing I always did that I'll share is - I always jugged a horse the day after every race -- and occasionally before a race.
Sodium iodide? Million ways to skin a cat. I never jugged a horse in my life. Groomed many that got a jug, but I wasn't in charge then.

JIDGE

• Open / FFA
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2023, 12:54:03 AM »
I picked it up working for a guy that grew up in Elmont, so he spent a lot of time at Belmont Park -- his father owned a couple of TB. TB trainers were, I don't know if they still are, big on jugging horses -- pre and post race, electrolytes, vitamins, and yes sodium iodine. Just a quick way of replenishing whatever a horse might have lost racing and/or training. On another note I always fed my horses a little calf manna -- really brought out the shine in their coats. Then once at Hollywood Park a handful of trainers (me included) got a $200 positive for something (I can't remember what it was) that was in the calf manna. It took us about a week to figure out we were all using calf manna and that's where the (substance) positive came from. Needless to say we stopped with the calf manna.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2023, 06:44:37 AM »
Never heard of it before or since  but the trainer I started out with would put an egg on their feed once a day.  Talk about shiny coats !!!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2023, 07:58:57 AM »
I picked it up working for a guy that grew up in Elmont, so he spent a lot of time at Belmont Park -- his father owned a couple of TB. TB trainers were, I don't know if they still are, big on jugging horses -- pre and post race, electrolytes, vitamins, and yes sodium iodine. Just a quick way of replenishing whatever a horse might have lost racing and/or training. On another note I always fed my horses a little calf manna -- really brought out the shine in their coats. Then once at Hollywood Park a handful of trainers (me included) got a $200 positive for something (I can't remember what it was) that was in the calf manna. It took us about a week to figure out we were all using calf manna and that's where the (substance) positive came from. Needless to say we stopped with the calf manna.
Big believer in calf manna. Haven't thought about it in years. Never heard of a positive from it. In teresting.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: At least we agree it's a shithole
    May 24, 2024, 07:04:43 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I think this shithole owns you!
    May 24, 2024, 09:30:25 AM
  • Michael Petrelli: Face it, I OWN THIS SHITHOLE of a forum.
    May 23, 2024, 09:35:08 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Itchy Kitties...
    May 22, 2024, 05:09:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Spew a little Spludge and the Pu$$y Cats are drawn to it lie a girl with baby rabies
    May 22, 2024, 01:37:15 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal