Author Topic: Breeders who keep their best babies for themselves  (Read 1913 times)

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
Breeders who keep their best babies for themselves
« on: September 21, 2023, 09:20:05 AM »
Many breeders have now also become owners of race horses

Is that fair to the public

They keep their best for themselves

Two farms in  Kentucky

Are famous  for this

Wood you buy from them ?

Knowing your getting fvked and have odds more against you

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

polish jola

• Top Claimer
Re: Breeders who keep their best babies for themselves
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2023, 09:47:07 AM »
One wouldn't be DC owned by AB would it???

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2023, 10:16:32 AM »
One wouldn't be DC owned by AB would it???

Diamonds are forever for sure.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2023, 10:48:31 AM »
As far as major breeders go I stick with Hanover. No RNAs and no deals beforehand. You do have to bid against the guys that sold them a mare for yearling credit but I would rather do that than bid against the breeders that end up owning 1/2 after the hammer drops

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2023, 11:08:09 AM »
Diamond creek sells bottom grade
the one they sold me only had one nut and they refused to do anything about it after the fact

lindy keeps their best too

and blue chips bids up their top ones and buys back if needed

wiseowl

• Open / FFA
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2023, 11:19:21 AM »
They own the mares they can keep the foals or sell them what is the problem buy your own dam mares if it so easy.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2023, 11:21:32 AM »
There are many different farms that sell babies. I would rather see a breeder with a  successful baby program than get Nickle and dimed every time I do business with them. Who's to say that the great 2yr old they kept would have excelled in a different trainers program?

Miguel_Sanchez

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2023, 11:38:29 AM »
They own the mares they can keep the foals or sell them what is the problem buy your own dam mares if it so easy.

It presents a bad image to the public when you keep your own horses and sell others.  It leads to the impression your keeping the cream of the crop and selling off the problem children.

As for bidding up your own there are three farms that do it that I know of.  Diamond Creek protects there's as well as Blue Chip.  By far the worst is Spring Haven and Senena.  She will run you up like no other and when she can't get you for anymore or she get stuck she will retract the bid and you will miraculously be the winning bidder.

The ultimate cheap award has to go to Diamond Creek and Bowden.  It's very well known that one of his employees who was (non vet) got caught drawing blood and what ever else at Red Mile two weeks ago.  Racing commission caught an unlicensed person with needle taking blood from numerous horses.  Probably never hear anything about this one.  Had it been anyone else, the horses would be scratched and the owner / trainer severely punished.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2023, 12:59:26 PM »
It presents a bad image to the public when you keep your own horses and sell others.  It leads to the impression your keeping the cream of the crop and selling off the problem children.

As for bidding up your own there are three farms that do it that I know of.  Diamond Creek protects there's as well as Blue Chip.  By far the worst is Spring Haven and Senena.  She will run you up like no other and when she can't get you for anymore or she get stuck she will retract the bid and you will miraculously be the winning bidder.

The ultimate cheap award has to go to Diamond Creek and Bowden.  It's very well known that one of his employees who was (non vet) got caught drawing blood and what ever else at Red Mile two weeks ago.  Racing commission caught an unlicensed person with needle taking blood from numerous horses.  Probably never hear anything about this one.  Had it been anyone else, the horses would be scratched and the owner / trainer severely punished.

Marcus was just doing his job to keep Adam informed

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: September 21, 2023, 01:16:32 PM »
He's licensed, ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3. Look they xray everything, scope everything. You're racing against the best the farm has to offer. He's NOT just keeping fillys to keep a breeding line or small. He's keeping the best. He sells alot of great bred and alot turn into great racehorses. How many does the farm have in training?

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2023, 01:39:30 PM »
He's licensed, ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3. Look they xray everything, scope everything. You're racing against the best the farm has to offer. He's NOT just keeping fillys to keep a breeding line or small. He's keeping the best. He sells alot of great bred and alot turn into great racehorses. How many does the farm have in training?
This seems to be the new business plan for DC. From what I heard they kept what they felt was their best 5 pacing colts from this crop.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2023, 02:41:23 PM »
Diamonds are forever for sure.

IMHO  ITS HIS COMPANY

BUT AS A CUSTOMER I NEVER BUY A PEANUT OFF OF HIM KNOWING

HES SORTING OUT THE BEST AS KEEPERS

REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: September 21, 2023, 03:35:54 PM »
I'd say less than 20 across all divisions. Including the aged horses.

They keep 3-5 of the best and sell the rest. They look like geniuses this year but they've been crushed by the strategy. There's been a couple of quarter of a million dollar babies that never made a cent.

goblue

• Top Claimer
« Reply #13 on: September 21, 2023, 03:46:07 PM »
Diamond Creek is notorious and infamous for this. Will never buy another horse from them because of this.

shotgunner

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: September 21, 2023, 03:53:50 PM »
Diamond Creek is notorious and infamous for this. Will never buy another horse from them because of this.
Cause they keep yearlings that you couldn't have afforded anyways? If they are keeping them, the babies would sell for 200k+ at the sale.
I have seen them buy back cheap ones and sell them later privately, mostly on ones that under sell badly. But that doesnt happen often at all.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal