Author Topic: How to Set a Realistic Selling Price  (Read 1101 times)

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
How to Set a Realistic Selling Price
« on: April 26, 2023, 01:19:11 PM »
Wouldn't we all like to sell a horse and enjoy the surprise of receiving a much higher price than expected?     OF COURSE!. 

But, listing at online auctions or sale pages at just dum-dum starting $$$  only does one thing.  Makes the seller look idiotic.  Recent lines, acquisition costs and other determining info. is pretty much EZ available.  The real twister that causes a certain scream is the listing start that is higher than the horse's most recent claiming classification.  If the buyer and/or buyers get caught up in the bidding frenzy, maybe remember a horse from days gone by or believe the offering is worth more  *  that's on them.  And!  it sometimes happens.  BUT, for crying out loud!  Don't ask $20K for some $5K dog and then scratch your head when you don't get a single bid.

RE:  I wrote this because I see a few ongait today that fit this situation   

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
Re: How to Set a Realistic Selling Price
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2023, 01:44:59 PM »
Wouldn't we all like to sell a horse and enjoy the surprise of receiving a much higher price than expected?     OF COURSE!. 

But, listing at online auctions or sale pages at just dum-dum starting $$$  only does one thing.  Makes the seller look idiotic.  Recent lines, acquisition costs and other determining info. is pretty much EZ available.  The real twister that causes a certain scream is the listing start that is higher than the horse's most recent claiming classification.  If the buyer and/or buyers get caught up in the bidding frenzy, maybe remember a horse from days gone by or believe the offering is worth more  *  that's on them.  And!  it sometimes happens.  BUT, for crying out loud!  Don't ask $20K for some $5K dog and then scratch your head when you don't get a single bid.

RE:  I wrote this because I see a few ongait today that fit this situation   

Email the English and Arabs, like Tabor, Mangier, Smith, Darley, Godolphin, they went into a bidding war that ended at $16,000,000 for a piece of shit that couldn't run a lick with Pletcher training and went 0/3 with a third, and as a stud bred a horse at best  with 30+ ran races and earnings of $300k, now retired from stud.

It all started with the baby T-bred running a 1/8 in a quarter horse time, and decent breeding and Tabor and friends winning the bid, and naming it The Green Monkey after the Magnier's golf course in Barbados.  Send them a hyped up email, as they're known billionaires for also being sucker ass bitch stupid motherfuckers, at times.  ;D
« Last Edit: April 26, 2023, 01:50:05 PM by Senator Blutarsky »
It's Official!

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2023, 04:16:24 PM »
Too many sellers get caught up in a pedigree 2 or 3 generations back.If your selling a 5 or 6 yr old with a  hundred starts that hasn't beat 58 or made 50k, what his mother's uncles cousin did has zero value.(If my brother does sculptures, that doesn't help me carve a turkey one bit!) At other times the high ask is directly corrilated with a  Trainer filling the owners head with b.s. excuses over time and lies about fake training times . The true test of value is claiming races. If a horse has been in the class with a tag attached for 10 or more starts and has not been claimed or gotten an offer the price is to high in my book!

Senator Blutarsky

• Elite
  • Part Human, Part Machine, Better Part Canine
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2023, 04:54:51 PM »
Too many sellers get caught up in a pedigree 2 or 3 generations back.If your selling a 5 or 6 yr old with a  hundred starts that hasn't beat 58 or made 50k, what his mother's uncles cousin did has zero value.(If my brother does sculptures, that doesn't help me carve a turkey one bit!) At other times the high ask is directly corrilated with a  Trainer filling the owners head with b.s. excuses over time and lies about fake training times . The true test of value is claiming races. If a horse has been in the class with a tag attached for 10 or more starts and has not been claimed or gotten an offer the price is to high in my book!

Or too it's with a current trainer who not anyone thinks they can better their performance.  Don't disagree with the breeding, but if people want to play god have at it, remember California Chrome and his great breeding lol!   ;D 
It's Official!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • In It Deep: 11.tfk
    May 28, 2024, 07:54:33 PM
  • In It Deep: The Butt Nut
    May 28, 2024, 07:49:02 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
    May 24, 2024, 08:05:54 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: At least we agree it's a shithole
    May 24, 2024, 07:04:43 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: I think this shithole owns you!
    May 24, 2024, 09:30:25 AM
  • Michael Petrelli: Face it, I OWN THIS SHITHOLE of a forum.
    May 23, 2024, 09:35:08 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Itchy Kitties...
    May 22, 2024, 05:09:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Spew a little Spludge and the Pu$$y Cats are drawn to it lie a girl with baby rabies
    May 22, 2024, 01:37:15 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal