Author Topic: DRUGS IN RACING  (Read 8001 times)

JUICEJUNKIES

• Living Legend
  • ↑↑↑Dan Nance, a classic↑↑↑
Re: DRUGS IN RACING
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2018, 09:53:21 AM »
i am 57,and still not 1 person has ever made a logical explanation of why anyone would or should care about drugged horses,drivers stiffing has ruined the sport,not trainers drugging horses,it is so simple,geez,wise up people

BUDDY, TRAINER AND DRIVERS ARE UNITED.   YES THERE ARE A FEW ROGUE ONES BUT FOR THE MOST PART THE DRIVER US INFORMED WHEN THE TANK IS FULL.

LETS IGNORE THE PART THAT DRUGS DO HARM AS SIDE EFFECTS.   
IF HORSES ARE PERMITTED TO BE LOADED THEN WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THEY DONT LOAD IS THE SAME AS WHAT YOU PERCEIVE AS DRIVER CHEAT.

A GOOD DRIVER CANT WIN WITH AN EMPTY HORSE NO MATTER HOW HONEST OR HOW HARD HE TRIES.    A BAD DRIVER CAN WIN WITH GASSED UP HORSES AND LOOK LIKE A MASTER.

DRIVER CHEAT IS SECOND TO TRAINER CHEAT IN RANKINGS.

Short fuse

• NW-1
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2018, 05:10:30 PM »
Dick how horses are stiffed on a given card

Poker King

• Top Claimer
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2018, 07:50:51 AM »
MADE A PHONE CALL TO P.I.T.A THERE ON IT ANIMAL CRUELTY

bond

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2018, 09:40:01 AM »
i am 57,and still not 1 person has ever made a logical explanation of why anyone would or should care about drugged horses,drivers stiffing has ruined the sport,not trainers drugging horses,it is so simple,geez,wise up people

tmbz1 agree for the most part--drugging actually would have 0 effect if the horse was drugged exactly the same every start--only people hurt would be the next person who claims it and it doesnt run up to its "drugged" performance.

Drivers who one day leave the gate like a bullet-then next start take back and run off the board in exactly the same position/field-consistently happens nearly every race. The judges do not question it--so it continues and the handle drops

This ruins it for the handicapper-gambler-so they stop betting.

Try doing this where the judges actually enforce rules--drivers get days for "inconsistency"(o'seas)

Here the drivers would just lie and Judges dont take notes of the lies-so nothing happens.

so agree-drivers are a bigger problem than drugs in the grand scheme of things.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2018, 09:56:17 AM »
I don't know how you qualify one scurge over the other.

bond

• Elite
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2018, 10:05:02 AM »
I don't know how you qualify one scurge over the other.

Really?? Here is what is currently happening in New Zealand:HUGE INVESTIGATION INTO DRIVERS FIXING RACES.

Names at the centre of the investigation named Operation Inca include last season's premiership-winning driver Blair Orange, the man he dethroned for that title Dexter Dunn, and Dunn's brother John, himself a leading driver.

The Herald understands at least one other successful Canterbury trainer was extensively questioned by police, while they also visited the stables of champion trainers Mark Purdon and Natalie Rasmussen, with Purdon reportedly not part of the investigation.

While police today suggested race fixing and potentially drugs are at the centre of their investigations the Herald was told that illegal performance-enhancing substances used on horses are not the focal point of Operation Inca. The investigation was sparked by information passed to police by the Racing Integrity Unit as early as April last year and police have tapped phones and checked text messages as part of the investigation.

What happened to Herve at Yonkers? Brennan at Freehold? Cat Manzi and Jackie Mo? Panteliano? list goes on and on--all drivers stiffing horses
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 10:09:00 AM by bond »

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2018, 10:27:00 AM »
Yes. But, not what I said. Both driver corruption and drugs are subjective. Both are devastating but, one may be more of a problem than the other today and tomorrow it is reversed.
 But, i will concede that doping hurts the industry kills the industry from the inside as where the drivers shanagins kills of more gamblers. Not to say they both dont have a strong effect each.

joemomma

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2018, 10:55:34 PM »
I've seen lots of people doing lines in the lower clubhouse bathrooms at Saratoga.

Poker King

• Top Claimer
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2018, 06:18:06 AM »
Trun over the names of these people selling drugs to F.B.I FEDERAL CRIME

Short fuse

• NW-1
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2018, 12:58:37 PM »
Poker the thoughts you have make people not like you ...you talk like the kid that was always picked last at recess and went crying to the teacher

sulkyfan

• 4 claimer
« Reply #25 on: September 06, 2018, 10:55:03 AM »
THE PARTICIPANTS IN HARNESS RACING NEED TO STOP THE PEOPLE SELLING HORSE DRUGS TO THE TRAINERS START TURNING THERE NAMES IN  TO ALL THE RACING JURISDICTIONS AND THE CHEATING VETS LIST AS MANY AS YOU CAN
Until you have consequences or punishment that equals the actual incentive (to cheat) your going to continue to have the overwhelming majority of trainers cheating. Anything less than the possibility of being, at ANY moment creates a serious loophole. Micro doping involves using banned drugs in amounts small enough & at the right times to escape detection.

SIX SHOOTER

• Top Claimer
« Reply #27 on: September 07, 2018, 09:22:40 AM »
simply solution if u get a positive then u get banned for life as does the HORSE and in about 6 months the horse racing business is over. tmbz1 next hobby

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2018, 05:03:46 PM »
That's a great question.
Doing it at private facilities might be a problem unless tracks make horsemen sign an agreement allowing it in order to race at that facility.

Well, Scioto Downs ran a tight session for '18.  Oh, sure - some questionable performances; but, overall - moderately fair.  Some of the more notorious cheaters did not appear on their cards all summer.  Oh, maybe a time or two; but, not on a regular routine.  Now, Dayton's first two dates post and, sure enough, the welcome sign is apparently back out for names that had disappeared from Northfield and Scioto.   OSRC oughta chip in for a guard at the paddock * 24/7 / and, any trainer that scores over 20% WP - has to stable for 7 days under supervision.

91.jzail 91.jzail 91.jzail 91.jzail 91.jzail 77z.chf 77z.chf 77z.chf 94z.sm 94z.sm 94z.sm 94z.sm 94z.sm 94z.sm 94z.sm

hands

• Top Claimer
« Reply #29 on: September 07, 2018, 05:49:17 PM »
Kiedell loves cheaters like Maier. He doesn’t even care when the horses drop dead in his paddock as they did at Miami valley. As long as Maier helps keep the entry box full, it’s all good!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Thats self centered to the max Madoff.
    May 19, 2024, 09:08:38 PM
  • Laag: ruthless
    May 19, 2024, 05:57:58 PM
  • Bernie Madoff: I come in my hand.
    May 19, 2024, 11:31:18 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal