Author Topic: YR questions  (Read 6147 times)

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
Re: YR questions
« Reply #75 on: October 25, 2023, 11:27:23 AM »
That seems very unfair to the owners, trainers and bettors. If the fire inside has gone out, step aside. He can bet on his "coworkers" from home.
The trainers that use him know what is up. He usually gets them a paycheck. As far as betting on coworkers that would be a fools mission.  I know a few on here think every bad drive is settlng up a race. But let’s be honest the pools no longer support stiffing to cash a ticket. 1/2,the races at YR the purse is higher that the whole betting pool.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #76 on: October 25, 2023, 03:05:32 PM »
Whatever his story is, he appears over matched at YR and should get out if he doesn't wanna do it anymore.

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #77 on: October 25, 2023, 03:35:09 PM »
I doubt that will happen. He knocks down $200k a year working 3-4 nights a week. Lots and f other worse drivers out there. Personally he has done well for me and always brings me back a horse to race again next week

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #78 on: October 25, 2023, 03:51:22 PM »
I doubt that will happen. He knocks down $200k a year working 3-4 nights a week. Lots and f other worse drivers out there. Personally he has done well for me and always brings me back a horse to race again next week
Great point! The purse structure at your home track becomes irrelevant when your driver runs your horses into the ground every start! 11.wp

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #79 on: October 25, 2023, 05:58:36 PM »
And here am I, retired after 45 years of rubbing, training and owning and all this time i have been suffering under the delusion that the point of the whole fucking thing was to win races. That's why, lacking the nerve and skill set to drive, I always used the best drivers i could find, who tried to win for me as often as they could, or at least make it look good when they lost. I acknowledge that it is important to have a horse to race week after week, explaining why Walter Case drove for me exactly once ever ( he won, btw ), YR/RR I did just fine with Herve, Luc, Marohn, Sonny and Irvine. If I was after Holland's objectives and those of some of the people on here who wanna tell me how he makes 200k a year, blah, blah, blah I could have used stiffs like Cormier, Jay Randall and Joe Marsh ( we used to call him the policeman ). I have learned more about what I don't know in 5 months here than 45 years on the backstretch.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #80 on: October 25, 2023, 06:11:51 PM »
Someone earlier in the thread said Brent's heart hasn't been in driving the last 4 - 5 years. If true, that's a mighty long time and i simply said that seems very unfair to all involved. Just like a marriage to me. If your heart isn't in it, what's the point of going through the motions?

One race does not prove a thing, but can you really explain his drive in the 8th race last night rationally?

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #81 on: October 25, 2023, 06:35:56 PM »
Someone earlier in the thread said Brent's heart hasn't been in driving the last 4 - 5 years. If true, that's a mighty long time and i simply said that seems very unfair to all involved. Just like a marriage to me. If your heart isn't in it, what's the point of going through the motions?

One race does not prove a thing, but can you really explain his drive in the 8th race last night rationally?
I don’t watch Yonkers much but.  Since you watching are you telling me Sears does much better there?  HOF driver and looks brain dead in most overnights. Not saying Brent is HOF material but he is adequate and usually ends up in top 5-6 at Yonkers every year

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #82 on: October 25, 2023, 06:40:31 PM »

From the race lines he sat in 2 hole with 18/1 shot behind favorite. Favorite stops in his face. Maybe he should of pulled at the 1/2 on favorite?

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #83 on: October 25, 2023, 06:46:03 PM »
I’m guessing you are not talking about race 8 from Tuesday 10/24. 18/1 from the rail you are not driving a beast

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #84 on: October 25, 2023, 06:59:11 PM »
As they approach the gate he is lallygagging, then steps on the gas after half-assing it outta there, stuffs everyone except Jason. Ok, then Jasons horse caves into Brent's face after battling the parked horse who just keeps coming. Of course, he shouldn't pull on Jason earlier, but what's the excuse for being so oblivious mid stretch that Jason's horse is backing into yours that you double your horse up causing him to throw a boot, swerve inside the pylons and then just get around Jason approaching the wire damn near hooking a wheel. That's what i was talking about. Brain dead, indifferent driving. reminds me of another stiff that ventured out here after getting in trouble out west. Greg Grismore..yuck!

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #85 on: October 25, 2023, 07:12:59 PM »
As they approach the gate he is lallygagging, then steps on the gas after half-assing it outta there, stuffs everyone except Jason. Ok, then Jasons horse caves into Brent's face after battling the parked horse who just keeps coming. Of course, he shouldn't pull on Jason earlier, but what's the excuse for being so oblivious mid stretch that Jason's horse is backing into yours that you double your horse up causing him to throw a boot, swerve inside the pylons and then just get around Jason approaching the wire damn near hooking a wheel. That's what i was talking about. Brain dead, indifferent driving. reminds me of another stiff that ventured out here after getting in trouble out west. Greg Grismore..yuck!
Jason’s horse stops 2 pylons before stretch. Brent’s had to grab his horse up or run him over. Look at Jason at last turn pylon. Once he lost his momentum Brent was out of the race. Again there is a reason he was 18/1 from the rail. We don’t always agree but I have always respected you but you way off base here.  You need a better example to show a terrible driver

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #86 on: October 25, 2023, 07:15:32 PM »
All good buddy.No point going round and round. You say grab up. I say double up. same thing. I respect you as well and say so in a different thread right now.  73cv.2

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #87 on: October 25, 2023, 07:19:28 PM »
All good buddy.No point going round and round. You say grab up. I say double up. same thing. I respect you as well and say so in a different thread right now.  73cv.2
I guess if he knocks Jason out of the bike and runs him over he will have better mounts for a bit.

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #88 on: October 25, 2023, 07:36:58 PM »
On a different note - 2nd race at YR Open 36k. First quarter 26.3, last quarter 29.1   We used to call that "inside out" racing. Highest purse of the night and I guarantee that will be the slowest last quarter of the night.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #89 on: October 25, 2023, 08:08:55 PM »
I don’t get why this conversation is all about Brent Holland and all the negativity. If he is so bad then why hasn’t anyone brought up the 6 other regulars that have a lower UDRS? Brent is at .236 this year at YR. The other 6…LaChance .218, Marohn Jr .213, Siegelman .207, Dube .198, Boyd .159 and Smith .150. I again point out that he will earn $200,000-$250,000 personally at YR. I do not recall him in any kind of trouble nor is he ever in the news. Ok there are are better drivers at YR and we all know who they are. So what? These 5 better drivers don’t win every race. Most races have 7-8 starters and the trainers can pick from many other drivers but Holland gets the call more time than not. Is he a future HOF driver no but he isn’t in the bum of the week club either.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
  • Indian24: Herpes can be treated but will always be with you  ngc3
    May 06, 2024, 10:11:57 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Where in the world did this rash come from?
    May 06, 2024, 03:02:53 PM
  • Calhoun: Bos-Tor .. G7 .. O6 .. IYKYK
    May 04, 2024, 08:00:06 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal