Author Topic: They need new names for these big races and drop the dancer and haughton BS  (Read 3622 times)

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
It’s time to get rid of all of those old guys named after races and start with some of the new young guys in today’s harness game. Nobody gives a shit about what those old dead guys did in the 1960’s. Let’s get rid of Haughton and Dancer and replace their names some of the new rising stars of harness racing. Nobody in the grandstand even knows who those guy are. Let them Rest In Peace and give some of these new young guys a chance.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

Fuguzzi

• Elite
I thought your doing away with the winners circle suggestion was assinine until i read this  you are truly an asshole

wizardofoz

• Open / FFA
You want to name stakes races after LIVING horsemen and women?

Fuguzzi

• Elite
You want to name stakes races after LIVING horsemen and women?
He is a complete idiot   not worth arguing with him   

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
Yeah cause I don’t agree with you. I’m entitled to my opinion just like you are pal. Get lost. You like living in the past be my guest. Just like removing statues and shines of George Washington and Thomas Jefferson. Away with the old and in with the new

Fuguzzi

• Elite
So using your logic we should get rid of races named after dead horses from bygone eras  RIGHT>   No more Messenger or Hambletonian or Dexter or Lady Maud or Niatross or Misteltoe Shalee   do away with the entire history of the sport   have memorail races named after living beings   you are a genius   should work in marketing   and your contention that no one in the grandstand knows who haughton and dancer are is absurd

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
So using your logic we should get rid of races named after dead horses from bygone eras  RIGHT>   No more Messenger or Hambletonian or Dexter or Lady Maud or Niatross or Misteltoe Shalee   do away with the entire history of the sport   have memorail races named after living beings   you are a genius   should work in marketing   and your contention that no one in the grandstand knows who haughton and dancer are is absurd
So you’re telling me that people go to watch and bet in these rac s because of the dead persons name? You can call the race whatever you want and it’s not going to do anything for the bettors or people in the grandstand. I mean honestly who even knows who those old men were?

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
Nobody knows who in the heck dancer or haughton was. Call the races after today’s current people. Leave the past in the past. I never heard of half these people

onabrake

• Open / FFA
Nobody knows who in the heck dancer or haughton was. Call the races after today’s current people. Leave the past in the past. I never heard of half these people

who the hell was larry bird??????

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Where would the sport be without these names? Why have a hall of fame or monuments to great horses if it just gets wiped away.  This isnt a racial divide, its horse racing.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
It's the Billy Parker memorial...or George Brennan pace. Dude shutup

Fuguzzi

• Elite
Where would the sport be without these names? Why have a hall of fame or monuments to great horses if it just gets wiped away.  This isnt a racial divide, its horse racing.
Totally agree   i dont know why we are even arguing with children

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
Love it when everybody does the work for me.11.wp   Thanks guys ...

I was thinking about starting a thread to call out the stupidest comments or threads posted weekly.  This one would be there.   ngc3
« Last Edit: July 16, 2023, 12:17:39 PM by The Thorn »

toothman

• Stakes Horse
Comment is ridiculous.
But iwas going to ask anyway whether anyone in the broadcast mentioned Miller Dancer and the Haughton family at all during the telecast?

Meadow Ford

• Stakes Horse
IMHO
In Social Media terms I think Bird Boy is just out Catfishing.
I think he is laughing like hell, and enjoying the replies of those taking him seriously.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal