Author Topic: Gural V. Faraldo (From HRU)  (Read 4729 times)

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
Gural V. Faraldo (From HRU)
« on: March 12, 2023, 03:48:54 PM »
Gural: Do you believe me
or Joe Faraldo?

When I opened the March issue of Hoof Beats I saw a letter
from the Director’s Chair from Mr. [Joe] Faraldo, the Chairman of
the Board. The sad part is there is almost nothing in his memo
that is truthful. The sole goal of the USTA led by Faraldo is to
ensure that the status quo remains so that those members
who want to use drugs can continue and those members who
don’t can just suck it up and race against them.
What is most troubling is that Faraldo, who obviously does not
like me much, criticized the position I have taken repeatedly
that had the USTA given me the changes they wanted in the
[Horseracing Integrity and Safety Authority] legislation, I
am fairly certain I could have accomplished that goal. Other
than one conference call I had with [USTA president] Russell
[Williams] and the USTA lobbyists who seemed to agree with
my position, the USTA did not reach out to ask for my help.
At the last minute, they did ask for my help in making sure
that the change in the law that was required to make [HISA]
constitutional would not happen and would I use my influence
to kill it.
After reading the latest opinion from the Sixth District
affirming that, with that change, it is now constitutional, I
can understand why they wanted me to kill it, as had I done
so the Sixth Circuit would have affirmed the Fifth Circuit in
declaring the law unconstitutional.
You have a choice; you can believe Joe who was in charge of
the Horsemen’s Association at Yonkers when the two leading
trainers Rene Allard and [Faraldo’s] personal trainer Richard
Banca were arrested and now, fortunately, have been convicted,
or you can believe me.
When I took over The Meadowlands the first thing I did was
hire Brice [Cote] to do out-of-competition testing and used
the Hong Kong lab and eventually hired 5 Stones where we
worked with the FBI and the US Attorney to put 29 horsemen or
veterinarians in prison. I think the comparison is quite dramatic
and if you really believe that Joe wants to do away with drugs
I have a bridge to sell you. We are headed down the wrong
path and putting the subsidies we are receiving at risk. Once
the public finds out about the use of drugs in harness racing
and the opposition to clean it up from the USTA we could
easily lose those subsidies.

Jeff Gural / owner The Meadowlands,
Tioga Downs and Vernon Downs

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
Re: Gural V. Faraldo (From HRU)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2023, 07:46:15 PM »
agree

Harness racer

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2023, 08:12:18 PM »
Faraldo is a lying asshole!  But Gural is also a hypocrite in choosing to boot some and keep others.  Really?  Travis Alexander is ok?  Get a clue Jeff!

ferdinand the bull

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2023, 08:14:33 PM »
Faraldo is a lying asshole!  But Gural is also a hypocrite in choosing to boot some and keep others.  Really?  Travis Alexander is ok?  Get a clue Jeff!
Bang on, Guru is all for justice when it suits his personal needs , Faraldo and Williams are way beyond their expiration date, both have to go

bond

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2023, 08:42:25 AM »
Gural: Do you believe me
or Joe Faraldo?

When I opened the March issue of Hoof Beats I saw a letter
from the Director’s Chair from Mr. [Joe] Faraldo, the Chairman of
the Board. The sad part is there is almost nothing in his memo
that is truthful. The sole goal of the USTA led by Faraldo is to
ensure that the status quo remains so that those members
who want to use drugs can continue and those members who
don’t can just suck it up and race against them.
What is most troubling is that Faraldo, who obviously does not
like me much, criticized the position I have taken repeatedly
that had the USTA given me the changes they wanted in the
[Horseracing Integrity and Safety Authority] legislation, I
am fairly certain I could have accomplished that goal. Other
than one conference call I had with [USTA president] Russell
[Williams] and the USTA lobbyists who seemed to agree with
my position, the USTA did not reach out to ask for my help.
At the last minute, they did ask for my help in making sure
that the change in the law that was required to make [HISA]
constitutional would not happen and would I use my influence
to kill it.
After reading the latest opinion from the Sixth District
affirming that, with that change, it is now constitutional, I
can understand why they wanted me to kill it, as had I done
so the Sixth Circuit would have affirmed the Fifth Circuit in
declaring the law unconstitutional.
You have a choice; you can believe Joe who was in charge of
the Horsemen’s Association at Yonkers when the two leading
trainers Rene Allard and [Faraldo’s] personal trainer Richard
Banca were arrested and now, fortunately, have been convicted,
or you can believe me.
When I took over The Meadowlands the first thing I did was
hire Brice [Cote] to do out-of-competition testing and used
the Hong Kong lab and eventually hired 5 Stones where we
worked with the FBI and the US Attorney to put 29 horsemen or
veterinarians in prison. I think the comparison is quite dramatic
and if you really believe that Joe wants to do away with drugs
I have a bridge to sell you. We are headed down the wrong
path and putting the subsidies we are receiving at risk. Once
the public finds out about the use of drugs in harness racing
and the opposition to clean it up from the USTA we could
easily lose those subsidies.

Jeff Gural / owner The Meadowlands,
Tioga Downs and Vernon Downs
Gural-while meaning well-IMHO has been led up the garden path.
Look at what happened to Nancy Takter and Manchego-cannot get into the Hall of fame because of a contamination positive on Gabapentin. 0 tolerance was allowed when it raced-now there is a level. Had that been in place none of this would have happened.
Same with Bob Baffert-lost a Kentucky Derby-on Betamethasone at a low level which would not have affected a mouse--but they take the race away from a great horse.
Phenylbutazone--one of the most used medications in horses--was tested at New Bolton-to find out at which level it was still pharmaceutically and physiologically active--that level was 4.3ng/ml. Then the powers in charge drop the level down to 0.3ng/nl--when it was already set at a low 2.0-for what reason God only knows.Result--positives which only hurt the horse,trainers,the Sport.
There are numerous trainers now-who have been vilified on this site and by the public--because their horses came up positive on a THERAPEUTIC DRUG-at levels which they had no effect-thanks to either no threshold -or set too low.
That's why I have to agree with Joe Faraldo---medications SHOULD be freely available--just like in human sports---but ONLY FINES-FOR THERAPEUTIC DRUGS.
Gural and HISA are wrong--Lasix(therapeutic drug) does help horses--as do many other drugs
Only those CHEATS-using PED's should be severely punished--just like in Sports--where you see a weight lifter coming up positive for an anabolic steroid--but never for the scores of therapeutic meds they used.
Thats how you clean up the Sport---have realistic thresholds on medications---and only severely penalise the cheats-those using CONFIRMED Peds.

JUICEJUNKIES

• Living Legend
  • ↑↑↑Dan Nance, a classic↑↑↑
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2023, 11:34:04 AM »
Look at what happened to Nancy Takter and Manchego-cannot get into the Hall of fame because of a contamination positive on Gabapentin. 0 tolerance was allowed when it raced-now there is a level. Had that been in place none of this would have happened.
Same with Bob Baffert-lost a Kentucky Derby-on Betamethasone at a low level which would not have affected a mouse--but they take the race away from a great horse.
Phenylbutazone--one of the most used medications in horses--was tested at New Bolton-to find out at which level it was still pharmaceutically and physiologically active--that level was 4.3ng/ml. Then the powers in charge drop the level down to 0.3ng/nl--when it was already set at a low 2.0-for what reason God only knows.Result--positives which only hurt the horse,trainers,the Sport.
There are numerous trainers now-who have been vilified on this site and by the public--because their horses came up positive on a THERAPEUTIC DRUG-at levels which they had no effect-thanks to either no threshold -or set too low.
That's why I have to agree with Joe Faraldo---medications SHOULD be freely available--just like in human sports---but ONLY FINES-FOR THERAPEUTIC DRUGS.
Gural and HISA are wrong--Lasix(therapeutic drug) does help horses--as do many other drugs
Only those CHEATS-using PED's should be severely punished--just like in Sports--where you see a weight lifter coming up positive for an anabolic steroid--but never for the scores of therapeutic meds they used.
Thats how you clean up the Sport---have realistic thresholds on medications---and only severely penalise the cheats-those using CONFIRMED Peds.

YOU ARE AN IDIOT.
THE DIFFERENCE A HUMAN DECIDES THEY WANT TO DO DRUGS, THERAPEUTIC, PERFORMANCE ENHANCING OR EVEN JUST DAILY VITAMINS.

THE HORSE CAN’T SAY THAT THERAPEUTIC MEDICATION LIKE YOUR GABEPENTIN, IT CREATES EUPHORIC EFFECT SIMILAR TO HEROIN.
BETAMETHASONE CAUSES MOOD AND MENTAL HEALTH PROBLEMS.
AND BUTE???  COME ON,,,

IF THE HORSE NEEDS MEDICATIONS HE SHOULD BE TURNED OUT OR STANDING IN A STALL.   WHEN THE MEDICATIONS ARE COMPLETE WAIT 5 DAYS AND RETURN TO QUALIFY BEFORE ENTERING AN ACTUAL RACE.

DRUGGING HORSES IS DISGUSTING NO MATTER WHO OR WHAT SPINS IT.

bond

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2023, 12:05:38 PM »
Juicejunkie—-what a moron you are. Especially with an avatar like yours.
You are what is the problem in racing.
As an owner-I’ve NEVER had a horse that did NOT need medication—and I know plenty of owners—exactly the same.
Nancy Takter did not use Gabapentin—-in any event-it was at extremely low levels-known as a contamination positive. These are becoming very common as now machines can detect drugs at minuscule levels. So the effect you describe-you moron-never took place in her horse.
Betamethasone that Baffert used—-again—contamination positive and the effects you describe—non existent-never happened.
If people became educated about medications—and realistic threshold levels were in play——racing would be far better off
It’s morons like Juicejunkies—-that cause the public perception that exists today—make mountains out of molehills,tarnish racing and blacken the names of great trainers like Nancy Takter and Bob Baffert.

carl baldwin

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2023, 12:56:16 PM »
I was prescribed Gabapentin for Carpul Tunnel Syndrome by a Physician Assistant my Doctor told me to take Aleave instead.

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2023, 04:53:14 PM »
When I95 was first built the speed limit was 60  MPH. Its now 70  MPH. I got a speeding ticket in 1959 for going 67 MPH.  Should they give me back my $50 ?

JUICEJUNKIES

• Living Legend
  • ↑↑↑Dan Nance, a classic↑↑↑
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2023, 04:59:23 PM »
Juicejunkie—-what a moron you are. Especially with an avatar like yours.
You are what is the problem in racing.
As an owner-I’ve NEVER had a horse that did NOT need medication—and I know plenty of owners—exactly the same.
Nancy Takter did not use Gabapentin—-in any event-it was at extremely low levels-known as a contamination positive. These are becoming very common as now machines can detect drugs at minuscule levels. So the effect you describe-you moron-never took place in her horse.
Betamethasone that Baffert used—-again—contamination positive and the effects you describe—non existent-never happened.
If people became educated about medications—and realistic threshold levels were in play——racing would be far better off
It’s morons like Juicejunkies—-that cause the public perception that exists today—make mountains out of molehills,tarnish racing and blacken the names of great trainers like Nancy Takter and Bob Baffert.

BUTE,  THAT’S WHY HER FATHER WAS CAUGHT IN CANADA IN THE PADLOCK ADMINISTERING BECAUSE HE THOUGHT IT WOULDN’T HELP.

SHE’S NOT GONNA BLOW YOU DUDE,  YOUR OLD AND YOU SMELL,,,
AS FOR BOB YOU MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE LOOKS LIGHT IN LOAFERS.

Yonkers1A

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2023, 05:33:44 PM »
Faraldough needs to be banded , he’s no good

SDST2009

• Open / FFA
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2023, 06:28:20 PM »
When I95 was first built the speed limit was 60  MPH. Its now 70  MPH. I got a speeding ticket in 1959 for going 67 MPH.  Should they give me back my $50 ?

Perfect analogy.

PIGLAND

• Living Legend
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2023, 10:24:38 PM »
Faraldough needs to be banded , he’s no good
agree

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2023, 12:05:12 PM »
BUTE,  THAT’S WHY HER FATHER WAS CAUGHT IN CANADA IN THE PADLOCK ADMINISTERING BECAUSE HE THOUGHT IT WOULDN’T HELP.

SHE’S NOT GONNA BLOW YOU DUDE,  YOUR OLD AND YOU SMELL,,,
AS FOR BOB YOU MIGHT HAVE A CHANCE LOOKS LIGHT IN LOAFERS.
I stand with you.

Bond has been playing that "little bit pregnant" card for years while he sucks at the welfare tit in order to pick up the tidbits others leave on the ground.

Talentless horse abuser.  Fuck him

bond

• Elite
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2023, 09:18:26 AM »
No-but what if it was your car-but you were not the driver?? Should you get a penalty even though you owned the car but were not responsible??

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal