Author Topic: pres isle no maine fair  (Read 3188 times)

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
pres isle no maine fair
« on: July 29, 2018, 09:57:35 PM »
great night of race action. a good crowd. a very nice start to the fair season. welcome back to chris nye 2 wins tonight. 11 races Monday night for all to enjoy.

bigwrench

• Living Legend
Re: pres isle no maine fair
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2018, 10:35:46 PM »
hope you guys enjoy your fairs like we do here in 0~HI~0

great way to spend the day!!  11.wp  tmbz1
Black lives matter? WTF
I was taught all lives matter!
Especially the lives of us rednecks
And our Horsez!!

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2018, 09:19:16 AM »
Good times

bello

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2018, 09:35:13 AM »
A few years back I did a Presque Isle afternoon card and drove across the canadian border for a night card at Woodstock NB

What a great day.
Also not to be missed is Fryeberg Fair during foliage season and Union Fair in the middle of nowhere.

oh canada

• Elite
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2018, 10:32:43 AM »
A few years back I did a Presque Isle afternoon card and drove across the canadian border for a night card at Woodstock NB

What a great day.
Also not to be missed is Fryeberg Fair during foliage season and Union Fair in the middle of nowhere.
One of my most memorable racing trips ever was to the state of Maine.....great racing and the nicest people I have ever met! I would love to spend a summer hitting all the Fairs....bucket list thing...buy a few cheap trotters and do the circuit training and driving myself...few more years to retirement  tmbz1
Come with me to the "Darkside",its a matter of life or death!!

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2018, 09:51:22 PM »
another great nite of action. heath campbell got win 5000 of his career. lots of people enjoying the races. early post tomorrow at 2 pm. come and help the handle.

whiptherabbit

• Elite
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2018, 09:54:32 PM »
Just a month away to the Windsor Fair. It's a must for any true harness racing fan  tmbz1

bello

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2018, 08:44:19 AM »
I have heard that Windsor is actually less than 1/2 mile circumference, accounting for some very fast miles. Any truth to that?

whiptherabbit

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2018, 05:28:32 PM »
Fast track, hot in the country, banked well but wouldn't doubt it's a bit short! I just had to cancel the trip to Windsor today, it's the first time I won't be there in over a decade.

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2018, 09:39:17 PM »
Windsor is a super track but a little greasy if it gets a lot of rain. supposedly its been measured a correct half mile. the track and grounds are all ways taken care of well.   today was a hot and humid afternoon card at pres isle. great stakes action. shawn gray came up to drive his stakes horse. almost won, twelve is the better horse though. nice to see shawn back to the fair. the rest of the week is a little light on entries. six straight days up in the county of racing is  hard to fill but a little easier on the out of town stables. the northern maine fair is a great place to race. very good track. beautiful area and friendly people. three straight days the handle has been up. a very promising trend.

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2018, 08:50:34 PM »
another great night of race action. lots of good formful races. the golden voice of Lloyd Johnson over the loudspeakers.
bloomin onions and cotton candy. another 5 pounds gained this week at the fair. more race action at 6 on Thursday.

LockedOnALine

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2018, 11:52:09 PM »
Windsor is a super track but a little greasy if it gets a lot of rain. supposedly its been measured a correct half mile. the track and grounds are all ways taken care of well.   today was a hot and humid afternoon card at pres isle. great stakes action. shawn gray came up to drive his stakes horse. almost won, twelve is the better horse though. nice to see shawn back to the fair. the rest of the week is a little light on entries. six straight days up in the county of racing is  hard to fill but a little easier on the out of town stables. the northern maine fair is a great place to race. very good track. beautiful area and friendly people. three straight days the handle has been up. a very promising trend.

Most things in Maine are a little greasy!! tmbz1

chief yogi

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2018, 08:48:33 PM »
another fine day at the fair. quite a few scratches tonight but still good action. dan deslandes continues his driving clinic. drivers title is all wrapped up with 1 day to go. fine card Friday at 2.   fair circuit moves to topsham on sunday evening at 5 pm. good luck to all.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal