Author Topic: sneakin' a toteboard peek...but of course  (Read 2036 times)

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
sneakin' a toteboard peek...but of course
« on: July 01, 2019, 09:51:31 PM »
Sat night..kawartha downs peterborough ontario

nice night early race..mohawk regular mario baillargeon came in for 3 drives that night...toteboard reading 3-5 on his with a minute to go

twice in last three minutes driving past toteboard good sat. night crowd and my two novice horsebetting brothers, who were in from cottage for a night out said to me, their hardened betting brother, "did you see him look at the odds both times?"....I did witness Mario's second look.

From the program, a tight second last week and always a bridesmaid..I told brothers he knows already how this is going to go
..."i dont care about 3-5..key him second in exacta"

They each had 3 dollar ex......baillarge on right on cue finished second...and my bros made a bit of fun money.

I know looking at toteboard is natural driver reaction..but smaller circuit show like this..i thought was obvious...and to tell you the truth, 'formwise', baillargeon delivered on the second money, even though lotta novices in crowd wouldnt agree.

Ah yes..the old toteboard glance..or two
« Last Edit: July 01, 2019, 09:56:14 PM by Jctoronto »

Rabbi Of Racing

Re: sneakin' a toteboard peek...but of course
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 10:06:50 PM »
Mario is my friend,drove for me many times long ago in Michigan,nice guy,BIG CROOK THOUGH. Was a very good driver in his day,heard he has health problems,God bless you Mario.Remember Greek Harry?  11.chrz

Powerful Patricks Ghost

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 10:34:17 PM »
What the hell kind of stupid ass redboarding post is this? Bragging about a $3 exacta in a track that handles $40k for the card?

harnessplop

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 11:48:55 PM »
They all look at the board

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2019, 01:41:05 AM »
Nothing to do with redboarding or 3 buck exacta wager..nothing to do with it all

Looking at board is natural for these guys...i just thought 'time spent staring' at odds might have been more than usual

Mario's 3 horses ran to form..no complaints here..no surprises. Two seconds and an off the board...thats ok.

Just interesting that two novices said it to me that the big fave, and ultimately faux fave driver, gave board long look

Long live Mario.

DeeJennerit

• Top Claimer
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2019, 06:52:52 PM »
They all look at the board

That's how they all handicap these days, none of the overpaid, under-talented plugs can read a program or know much about horses!

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    Today at 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    Today at 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    Today at 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal