Author Topic: Ake Svanstedt is a class above the others in training a trotter  (Read 1092 times)

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
Ake Svanstedt is a class above the others in training a trotter
« on: September 30, 2023, 09:39:57 PM »
Jimmy in his prime doesn't hold a candle to this guy. He might drive like shit but they know how to train them.

Just my opinion but he even outdoes Melander

seen2much

• Stakes Horse
Re: Ake Svanstedt is a class above the others in training a trotter
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 09:43:15 PM »
Jimmy in his prime doesn't hold a candle to this guy. He might drive like shit but they know how to train them.

I would agree with that. Randy Waples pointed out his horses don't wear much equipment.

The Thorn

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 10:04:37 PM »
Melander had one good year.  He underperforms considering how much money is thrown at him with high priced yearlings.  No one is a match for Ake.  Lucas Wallin is the next best thing other than Nancy, and Burke for older trotters

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2023, 10:10:01 PM »
there can be no argument

TimTimTimbo

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2023, 10:12:45 PM »
It's amazing. A lot of his top trotters like Sebastian K, Ecurie D and Alrajah One have minimal action in front. I hate trotters with that high looping front action, it seems to me it's wasted. In yet Creatine as an example was high stepping and he could tramp a quarter from memory.

Sebastian K and Captain Corey even more so had that daisy cutter action. Alrajah One I think tramped a final Quarter last year at the Big M in like 25.3 from memory. They can fly.

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2023, 12:05:06 AM »

Totally agree

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2023, 12:23:25 AM »
I would agree with that. Randy Waples pointed out his horses don't wear much equipment.
The trot is a natural gait,  but alot of trainers force them away from it by not understanding the physics involved. I saw a guy that had a young trotter with 5/8 half rounds, 3oz toe weights and 2pr.of ribbed bell boots and his head checked so high that if it rained,he would drown. He makes about 3 breaks going a mile in 25,comes off and wants to borrow ANOTHER set of bell boots!  ngc3

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2023, 06:41:08 AM »
And do you know who Lucas Wallin worked for when he came to the States?  Yup! AKE

Fuguzzi

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2023, 08:05:26 AM »
It's amazing. A lot of his top trotters like Sebastian K, Ecurie D and Alrajah One have minimal action in front. I hate trotters with that high looping front action, it seems to me it's wasted. In yet Creatine as an example was high stepping and he could tramp a quarter from memory.

Sebastian K and Captain Corey even more so had that daisy cutter action. Alrajah One I think tramped a final Quarter last year at the Big M in like 25.3 from memory. They can fly.
Trotters should "roll high" at the knee, but I agree that it should not be too high. Just at tip of shoulder, maybe 2 inches past is prime.

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2023, 08:30:05 AM »
Melander had one good year.  He underperforms considering how much money is thrown at him with high priced yearlings.  No one is a match for Ake.  Lucas Wallin is the next best thing other than Nancy, and Burke for older trotters

Lucan wallin worked for Ake.  Let’s not forget about Jimmy Campbell

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal