Author Topic: CAL EXPO -- SATURDAY  (Read 4916 times)

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
CAL EXPO -- SATURDAY
« on: March 28, 2020, 10:35:47 AM »
always good to laugh
had one this am...one of my toronto off track buddies texted :betting cal expo fri night 'last night was just practice..im a BIG GO there tonight'

translation, ass got kicked.

that guy's always a clown....but as everyone reading this knows..there are NO PRACTICE DAY$$ in horse betting.
a bad $$ fri night can hurt just as bad as an error-prone holiday monday afternoon, etc.

and while my favorite harness betting nights of the week are:
wed (cause stock is usually younger and mistake-prone and chock full of xx trots and prices)
fri (full fields every track AND definitely not quite the high end horse o'nights,open and hdcp.. and the much tougher 'angles' of sat nights)
sun (cause i actually have the time in the day to read a program)

It IS a saturday..oh oh..and the heat is on.....quality bettors have NO interest in this sacramento downs stuff.
But most of us aren't quality bettors..the action beckons...it looks so damned easy...most tracks' races have horses coming from diff tracks with variety of race conditions, blah blah.
But this place doesnt. It looks so damned easy and tempting and this is the ONLY joint in gambling town tonight so..
(and we're not even to the more tempting cal expo eves (next week's moved to tue and wed 630et post times yet)

Cal Expo for just about everyone here is no more than just a weekly betting rumor...twenty bucks, let alone two bucks, ever finding its way to their pari-mutuels....BUT if you need that covid-19 bored out of your mind sat night fix, ya gotta jump in. Let their big handle (a mil last night) be your assurance that you will be rewarded if you hit.

Pouring over this pgm. yesterday,,,short on horses here this eve.
I'm not sure if originally expected three day schedule turnaround might have a few hurting animals sitting out or a stable or two have headed home to 'who knows what'
(tonight's card incl a ridiculous 6 horse 10th race finale -last leg win 4--and crazier, a 20cent hi-5)

one race looks like a bettable and potentially 'quality payout' event,,,,its the 6-horse third.
the question: CAN YOU BOUNCE THE LIKELY FAVE #4 NICK ROLAND HORSE OUT OF THE EXACTOR?  WHILE IT WONT BE EASY, I SAY YES. AND THAT SETS UP THE EXACTOR PRICE OF THE NIGHT.

precise detail to be posted later,,solid handle and a tasty treat awaits...but gotta get back to quarantine 'duties' for a bit.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 10:41:56 AM by Jctoronto »

EPM

• Elite
Re: CAL EXPO -- SATURDAY
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 11:06:56 AM »
R7 435
R8 952 don't blame anybody for going deep in this one..I might sprinkle a few more on me ticket

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 11:49:01 AM »
JUST ONE PLAY
race 3 tonight

a competitive 6 horse 3rd race
better animals are 456, BUT counting on front end battling, incl cheaper inside 1 and 2!!!,,THUS eliminating #4 roland 'faux fave' in the stretch drive..from not just the exactor spots, but also bouncing out of top three...so
throw it all in by 10pet!!!!
on
coming on late  #3 MYSTICAL STORM and dave magee 5-1 m/l ---not the best horse, just the most 'fortuitous' this eve.

expecting sizeable wps pools again tonight so..
#3    5 win
#3  25 place
#3  70 show
100 in

**and as always, NO BET if magee off or any scratch(s)

good luck
« Last Edit: March 28, 2020, 11:50:51 AM by Jctoronto »

Goldsheet BoB

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2020, 02:18:16 PM »
this is how I see the first 4 races...

R1--#7 Two Beat(12-1 ML)--Has earned his new connections $0 since being claimed 5 back Race solid at Northfield last year versus 8 claimers He will wake up soon. I cant let it be tonight as the longest shot in the race so I gotta take a stab.

R2--#5 Ahead By A Century(7/2 ML)--Has one nice burst that can take this field by surprise. Coming from last in a short field will likely get you better odds than the morning line starts. Owner/trainer/driver Cutting tries to end his lifetime 0 for20 losing streak.

R3--#1 Cut A Rug(4-1 ML)--Made a quarter pole brush to the top, in his first race off a layoff, and although he started to tire late, was able to hold them all off for the win. With a tighter effort, being his 2nd race off the layoff, he may be able to handle this move up.

R4--#2 June Morning(7/2 ML)--She is better than she appears in the program. Driver has been finding poor trips, hence the poor results. Getting an upgrade to Luke Plano could make all the difference here. Finally flashes his potential tonight.

GSB

Harness Stats

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2020, 03:24:45 PM »
Out of curiosity does anyone know what the approximate average of what the win pools were last night?

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2020, 03:55:10 PM »
this is how I see the first 4 races...

R1--#7 Two Beat(12-1 ML)--Has earned his new connections $0 since being claimed 5 back Race solid at Northfield last year versus 8 claimers He will wake up soon. I cant let it be tonight as the longest shot in the race so I gotta take a stab.

R2--#5 Ahead By A Century(7/2 ML)--Has one nice burst that can take this field by surprise. Coming from last in a short field will likely get you better odds than the morning line starts. Owner/trainer/driver Cutting tries to end his lifetime 0 for20 losing streak.

R3--#1 Cut A Rug(4-1 ML)--Made a quarter pole brush to the top, in his first race off a layoff, and although he started to tire late, was able to hold them all off for the win. With a tighter effort, being his 2nd race off the layoff, he may be able to handle this move up.

R4--#2 June Morning(7/2 ML)--She is better than she appears in the program. Driver has been finding poor trips, hence the poor results. Getting an upgrade to Luke Plano could make all the difference here. Finally flashes his potential tonight.

GSB
thanks Bob ---

Rabbi Of Racing

« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2020, 03:58:28 PM »
Looks CROOKED

SportsmansP5/8

• Open / FFA
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2020, 04:00:28 PM »
Did he save dave magee?????? Dean there bud

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2020, 04:00:53 PM »
$10,000,000.00 in the GP p-6 pool tmbz1

Smalltimer7932

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2020, 07:16:26 PM »
What does gulfstream got anything  to do with cal ex nothing .whole different  conversation 

NJ The best

• Elite
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2020, 07:26:50 PM »
Has Burke shipped a bunch there

HornbyDuke

• Elite
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2020, 07:32:53 PM »
Looks CROOKED

The cynical might think this is a chance these clowns have to make a few books to tide them over. Not likely to have pools the size of this often. So shenanigans once again make sense.

I'd look for the card to be formful except for a few races that will be head scratchers.

No reason a ploppers can't share in the cash though. GL to all you playing and enjoy the racing!

Smalltimer7932

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2020, 07:49:23 PM »
True very true good luck to all playing

DICK FURLONG

• 4 claimer
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2020, 08:07:53 PM »
 Pick Three Pool $884,254 .
 Pick Four Pool $1,577,398 .
 Pick Five Pool $1,294,650 .
 Pick 6 Jackpot Pool $9,211,773 .
 Daily Double Pool $667,959 .

fans want real racing, not this shit where you put bands around their legs and look like chuckwagons

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2020, 08:37:29 PM »
Lots of scratches tonight in sacramento

Has the bug jumped in..or horses 'unravelling'

*Just 3 starters in race 2..
..and 3 more in 8th

Race 3 stays intact..and ill stand by my earlier prognostication.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal