Author Topic: They are literally writing Foiled Again races!  (Read 16554 times)

Steven Mannygoat

• Top Claimer
Re: They are literally writing Foiled Again races!
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2018, 09:28:25 AM »
Race secretary there is lost

Exit 16W

• Stakes Horse
  • LEADER OF THE MECCALANDS
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2018, 09:29:59 AM »
 DONT LET THE JERSY HEEB SEE THIS.  HE WILL ORDER HIS RACE SECRETARIES TO WRITE RACES…. AE, HORSES OWNED BY JEWISH TRACK OWNERS

frederick.frankenstein

« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2018, 09:32:04 AM »

The problem is NOBODY truly cares about this "accomplishment". There would have been many more in attendance than the handful at Harrahs when he won his 100th. The place was a ghostown. This "farewell tour" plays out in front of nobody, from a trainer who has had major drug infractions swept under the carpet by a corrupt Pennsylvania establishment.

You are actually wrong.  People cheer when he races and do come out to see him race.  The people in attendance do appreciate seeing Foiled Again.

frederick.frankenstein

« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2018, 09:33:13 AM »
Correct. Writing a condition specifically for him in an easier race shows me what a dick the race secretary is. Burke gets enough favors.

This is not about Burke, it is about the track being able to showcase a horse who has done thing unlike any before.

bond

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2018, 01:02:00 PM »
I never stated to not let the horse race but he should race in the class that he actually belongs in and not some bullshit add on to a cheaper class. The horse made over 7 million. Why should Burke and his piece of shit owners get a break? If Saratoga wants him to race so badly then pay him an appearance fee.
disagree with this one Mike.
Foiled is a legend--I for one love to watch him race and go watch him-we may never see another one like him with his tenacity and longevity.
Hes 14-so what he gets a little break--its not for the owners they are doing it--its for the horse-why kill him in a v v tough class and horses half his age.
For him to go 52 last start is amazing.
They pay stars appearance money-in foiled's case they put him in a class that hes competitive in.
I wish Foiled nothing but the best and hope he ends up at the Kentucky horse Park so I can go see him every year i'm up there and give him carrots.

frederick.frankenstein

« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2018, 01:42:54 PM »
Bond, You can't disregard the other trainers and owners that will end up being part of their dog and pony show. They have bills to pay. Why should they concede a chance to earn their rightful share of the purse for publicity. Don't forget, this is a business where it is becoming more difficult to win a race for a myriad of reasons. To concede a chance to win for the likes of a cheater like Burke and a horse that has made over 7 million is comical. If the higher class that he actually fits is too tough for him then pull the shoes and send him to The Kentucky Horse Park. God knows he deserves it.  

This is a track PROMOTION and, for one, the promotion is about racing not a petting zoo for kids.  The money Foiled Again is racing for is meaningless and the trainers do not have to enter if they don't like the race conditions.  There is no guarantee he will win.  All the race conditions do is make for a competitive race. That is the idea isn't it?  I'll bet if they somehow wrote the conditions so Foiled Again did not get any purse money you would still complain.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2018, 01:55:20 PM »

This is a track PROMOTION and, for one, the promotion is about racing not a petting zoo for kids.  The money Foiled Again is racing for is meaningless and the trainers do not have to enter if they don't like the race conditions.  There is no guarantee he will win.  All the race conditions do is make for a competitive race. That is the idea isn't it?  I'll bet if they somehow wrote the conditions so Foiled Again did not get any purse money you would still complain.

EXACTLY WHAT FAN BASE ARE THEY PROMOTING THIS HORSE TO?

oh canada

• Elite
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2018, 02:16:18 PM »
Correct. Writing a condition specifically for him in an easier race shows me what a dick the race secretary is. Burke gets enough favors.
Just fucking stop already 73cv.2
Come with me to the "Darkside",its a matter of life or death!!

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2018, 02:21:19 PM »
THIS HAS AN IMPACT ON ABOUT ZERO PEOPLE

Bernie Madoff

• Elite
  • In the beginning, man created"god".
« Reply #24 on: July 17, 2018, 02:48:44 PM »

Exactly zero.
He who laughs last, laughs best.

frederick.frankenstein

« Reply #25 on: July 17, 2018, 03:07:29 PM »

You are completely wrong. I know people have gone to the track just to see him race and I have seen loud cheers when he won a race. The fan base of harness racing has dwindled but there are still fans who appreciate the chance to see this champion.  In this time when horses are retired after a limited number of starts, it is nice to have Foiled Again.

frederick.frankenstein

« Reply #26 on: July 17, 2018, 03:08:25 PM »

Exactly zero.

Obviously you have not been to a track where he has raced recently.

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2018, 03:16:00 PM »
You are completely wrong. I know people have gone to the track just to see him race and I have seen loud cheers when he won a race. The fan base of harness racing has dwindled but there are still fans who appreciate the chance to see this champion.  In this time when horses are retired after a limited number of starts, it is nice to have Foiled Again.

NOT THAT MANY PEOPLE PLAY THE BAND SAW ANYMORE

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2018, 03:22:15 PM »
You play  with the tube steak too much

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2018, 03:32:44 PM »
You play  with the tube steak too much

YOU FAT BASTARD

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    May 12, 2024, 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal