Author Topic: Per Engblom  (Read 8093 times)

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
Re: Per Engblom
« Reply #60 on: February 25, 2024, 03:52:16 PM »
I am just a fan. My post is not about Burke, he is an example. Most of the positives are meaningless. What they are doing is diverting attention from the real issue which is the things not being tested for. Most of the things I see positives for are not impacting performance. For example, there is no way a big trainer is going to be milk shaking a low level claimer.

Ban Lasix and maybe some of the positives will have some meaning.
Banning Lasix would create a problem by contributing to the already stressed aftercare programs i.m.o.! I understand that every horse on Lasix is not a certified bleeder,but by Banning the long time go-to will create a new one by another name. The number of positives will also climb when the experimentation begins. I think that rather than just using a needle to prevent it,there needs to be a feed supplement or something similar. If we eliminate the needles we can control what goes into the needle!

hoosierboy

• Elite
« Reply #61 on: February 25, 2024, 03:54:11 PM »
Contenation  is the latest excuse that can’t be traced.  Just like years ago with cocaine on tongue ties

Stan durbread

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #62 on: February 25, 2024, 04:33:25 PM »
Banning Lasix would greatly reduce the horse supply. Not only does it help bleeders but it is also very useful in horses that have pericarditis

bond

• Elite
« Reply #63 on: February 25, 2024, 09:10:12 PM »
Banning Lasix would greatly reduce the horse supply. Not only does it help bleeders but it is also very useful in horses that have pericarditis
All due respect-banning Lasix will not harm Horse racing. HISA is doing a 3 year study on all horses to address this.  Before Lasix-Some horses dropped out-BUT real horsemen worked on horses health more -now its just a "inject to collect" game. When Lasix was introduced--in T Breds- the number of starts per horse DECREASED but the horse drop out rate did reduce.. End result however-- the number of horses available to race did not decline at all because starts/horse without Lasix was 30% Higher than horses that are now on Lasix.  Due to Lasix side effects.
 No Lasix- hasnt affected international horse racing in Both harness and Tbreds. They are fine without it. In fact since Lasix has been banned in some Tbreds races-the International horse numbers competing in these events has INCREASED as they are now not racing at a disadvantage.
There is little doubt that Lasix is a performance enhancer .The Jury is out however if it is all due to lower bleeding rates--or simply because it raises Bicarb levels in the blood and lowers body weight-both enhance performance.
So a bad bleeder you will be in the game  BUT most are fine without it--as seen in Europe, down Under, Japan, Middle East etc. All not on Lasix.
Vets here want Lasix to stay--huge money earner.
IMHO-from a purely public perception--since public believes all horses are on drugs-as noted when they pick up a program and see every horse drugged up on Lasix--the Sport is better off without it.
I personally would be happier to breed to horses that didnt need Lasix than ones who were on it--because as proven in Germany---only breeding to horses that were Group 1 type-without Lasix-has proven to reduce the incidence of producing bad bleeders. French trotters-now seem superior to our trotters and stallions who all race on Lasix--while theirs do not.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal