Author Topic: Members when...?  (Read 1167 times)

hasbeen

• Stakes Horse
Members when...?
« on: January 14, 2024, 11:06:55 PM »
They used to race at Maywood and Hawthorne in this weather? Hawthorne didn't call off until the wind chill was -44 or below. Now, they cancel if the thermometer drops below 32.  11.wp
well, it's game over here at Maywood. thanks johnny Johnston for giving us fans the shaft!

Wild bull

• Open / FFA
Re: Members when...?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2024, 12:04:22 AM »
Yep but I bet the grandstands and sports book were open

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2024, 08:44:45 AM »
To many outside influences, IE: PETA and other animal protective organizations have way more traction now.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

wiseowl

• Open / FFA
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2024, 08:50:03 AM »
You all talk about the past it is the future that counts.

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2024, 09:13:07 AM »
What future? we all talk about the past, because the powers that be are still stuck in that rut.  They cant't seem to fugure out that the Industry needs drastic change now.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

bond

• Elite
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2024, 09:51:13 AM »
To many outside influences, IE: PETA and other animal protective organizations have way more traction now.

tmbz1 This is spot on and the Industry needs to fight back. You do this by educating the public and PETA---the people to do this should be the leading Veterinary establishments in the USA.

It seems to me that NON Scientific members of horse racing for eg SCM--get more publicity than experts in the Industry with more experience. We need more information to relay to the public to keep them properly informed.
 SCM --while he means well--is no expert on anything in horse racing especially when it comes to welfare. What he is however is a purveyor of anything shitty. Not a word about anything positive like he should.
My Vet told me that horses are FAR more adaptable to cold weather than Humans. I recently saw a video of Mustangs in Montana that survive winters of unbelievably cold weather-and live in the snow-no problems. Horses breathe through their nose and have a long large head and windpipe warming the air before it hits the lungs.
Horses race on Ice in Europe and the Horses have no issues--they have more problems in excessive heat.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal