Author Topic: Mel Mara is Back  (Read 12427 times)

Pompano Gambler

Re: Mel Mara is Back
« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2016, 09:18:11 AM »
Half mile track for what kinda money? Why don't you folks stop hating and start appreciating....

Besides Northfield....... Werent there also some big money races at Yonkers that ABM skipped? Sound horses don't skip racetracks with tight turns!

Pompano Gambler

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2016, 09:21:43 AM »

So, you have just exposed yourself for knowing absolutely nothing about the sport and horses in general.  Soundness does not necessarily dictate what size track a horse races on.  Lmao

Most often it's conformation that decides.  How a horse travels over the track, how he/ she gets around turns.  Do they brush their knees on the turns?  Do they race better with long stretches? All sorts of reasons. .  Some horses just don't handle small tracks. While racing one on a track that doesn't suit them can lead to soundness problems soundness doesn't pre determine what track a horse races on.  There are plenty of sore horses that go to post on all size tracks.  And plenty of sound ones who just aren't made for small tracks and tight turns. It's about conformation.

As far as Miki goes I fully appreciate that takter tries to keep his horse on tracks that suit him.  We'd all do the same.  Saying that he came out of the haughton sore is exactly what is wrong with boards like this and posters in general.  Unless you work with this horse/ own this horse or are his vet, you have no business writing that crap.  And it's crap for sure.  

Uhh...where did I say he came out of the Haughton sore???  Do you have reading comprehension problems, too?? ngc3 ngc3 ngc3

stone162

« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2016, 09:22:48 AM »
  Besides Northfield....... Werent there also some big money races at Yonkers that ABM skipped? Sound horses don't skip racetracks with tight turns!

Sorry but sore/unsound horses dont go 147 in 4 consecutive races

Pompano Gambler

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2016, 09:25:49 AM »
Sorry but sore/unsound horses dont go 147 in 4 consecutive races

He may be relatively sound right now. But its common knowledge he's had his share of problems. And they're scared of the 1/2 mile turns.....just the facts!

stone162

« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2016, 09:28:50 AM »
  He may be relatively sound right now. But its common knowledge he's had his share of problems. And they're scared of the 1/2 mile turns.....just the facts!

You just said he wasnt sound thats why they dont race on a half....now he is relatively sound right now....which way did he go George  angbk

lakeside

• Open / FFA
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2016, 09:32:08 AM »

Equus said he was not sound after the houghton

You piled on by talking about the size of tracks that he races on

Miki is currently as sound as I've ever seen him

stone162

« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2016, 09:35:31 AM »

You must not have watched him at 3 before the injury then

Pompano Gambler

« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2016, 10:37:41 AM »

I'm NOT Equus.  And if his connections were not afraid of further soundness issues he would go on a 1/2.

Pompano Gambler

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2016, 10:38:43 AM »
You just said he wasnt sound thats why they dont race on a half....now he is relatively sound right now....which way did he go George  angbk

He's not sound enough to go on a 1/2!!!   just the facts!!

stone162

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2016, 10:46:43 AM »

That isnt a fact..because the connections choose not to race on a half doesnt mean he isnt sound enough to go on a half.....check facts please

lakeside

• Open / FFA
« Reply #25 on: July 19, 2016, 12:39:34 PM »
You must not have watched him at 3 before the injury then

I raced against him. I know him well. However I should have said he's the soundest I've seen him since his injuries

lakeside

• Open / FFA
« Reply #26 on: July 19, 2016, 12:43:01 PM »
   I'm NOT Equus.  And if his connections were not afraid of further soundness issues he would go on a 1/2.

Wow. You really dont know anything.  Have you ever been next to him... Like in the paddock or the stall?  Ever get a good look at him?  He's not built for 1/2 mile racing. He's very long and huge. He'd  never stand up to tight turns.  Fortunately his connections understand this.

Stan Gable

• Top Claimer
« Reply #27 on: July 19, 2016, 12:48:11 PM »
Why would anybody want to race their horse on a half when he has 4 or 5 screws holding his leg together ?  and because they're smart enough not to doesn't mean he's not sound . 

lakeside

• Open / FFA
« Reply #28 on: July 19, 2016, 12:52:15 PM »
Why would anybody want to race their horse on a half when he has 4 or 5 screws holding his leg together ?  and because they're smart enough not to doesn't mean he's not sound . 

Lol. Why don't dogs fly?  Because.  they can't and are smart
enough not to try.  Lmao.

Pompano Gambler

« Reply #29 on: July 19, 2016, 12:59:46 PM »

EXACTLY! tmbz1  They're afraid to race him on the 1/2.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like the cool soothing feel.
    May 13, 2024, 07:32:06 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    May 12, 2024, 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    May 12, 2024, 12:12:11 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal