Author Topic: Mel Mara is Back  (Read 12428 times)

Equus Caballus

• Elite
Mel Mara is Back
« on: July 18, 2016, 08:11:26 PM »
148.4 Win at Chester - Trace Tetrick triple arm lock --- ABM will be bagged next start when these two hook up

bostonborne

Re: Mel Mara is Back
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 08:17:49 PM »
be sure to put them under your pillow. The tooth fairy will visit you soon.

WIGI paced at harrah's in 147.3 so there is 6 lengths

Think ABM is abouy 2 lengths better that WIGI making him 8 lengths better than MM

Pocono:
MM cuts the mile ABM comes first over and crushes his skull in
following week

MM sits on the rail spins out at the top of the stretch and looses ground.

No horse but a slight cut below. That being said one hell of a nice buy. I would take him in a second.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 08:25:00 PM by bostonborne »

themightythor

• Elite
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 08:23:00 PM »
I know mel best mikki a few weeks ago but he isnt in the same class.i doubt mikki loses the rest of the year

Equus Caballus

• Elite
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 08:48:24 PM »
be sure to put them under your pillow. The tooth fairy will visit you soon.

WIGI paced at harrah's in 147.3 so there is 6 lengths

Think ABM is abouy 2 lengths better that WIGI making him 8 lengths better than MM

Pocono:
MM cuts the mile ABM comes first over and crushes his skull in
following week

MM sits on the rail spins out at the top of the stretch and looses ground.

No horse but a slight cut below. That being said one hell of a nice buy. I would take him in a second.

ABM purportedly has soundness problems after Haughton - Horse is going to Diamond Creek very soon - Horses just don't continue on and race at that level forever - I am sure the 1:47 miles and the Mile and One Eight Haughton has caught up to ABM WIJI & FFP

lakeside

• Open / FFA
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2016, 09:55:31 PM »
ABM purportedly has soundness problems after Haughton - Horse is going to Diamond Creek very soon - Horses just don't continue on and race at that level forever - I am sure the 1:47 miles and the Mile and One Eight Haughton has caught up to ABM WIJI & FFP

Can you tell me where you got this info?  I'm pretty well connected and have heard nothing about soundness issues this yr regarding Miki.

Pompano Gambler

« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2016, 10:30:58 PM »
Can you tell me where you got this info?  I'm pretty well connected and have heard nothing about soundness issues this yr regarding Miki.

Well, if you know anything about racing you know ABM has soundness issues. That's why he's been so lightly raced and also why they avoid the 1/2 mile track.

lakeside

• Open / FFA
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2016, 10:56:44 PM »
 Well, if you know anything about racing you know ABM has soundness issues. That's why he's been so lightly raced and also why they avoid the 1/2 mile track.

Please don't question my knowledge of this business

I know fully about Mikis past.  The poster implied that he is not sound NOW.. After the houghton
And that his races have taken a toll on him.  He looks very sound right now
The poster said he was on his way to diamond creek.  When?   Miki is th best of a terrific
aged group and there is.. As of right now.. No arguing that point.   If he's lame right now I hope my next five purchases are as lame, as fast and as brave
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 10:58:28 PM by lakeside »

whiptherabbit

• Elite
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2016, 11:15:19 PM »
These eye popping miles can't be continued on week after week, it's too hard on a horse

Pompano Gambler

« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2016, 12:11:38 AM »

Please don't question my knowledge of this business

I know fully about Mikis past.  The poster implied that he is not sound NOW.. After the houghton
And that his races have taken a toll on him.  He looks very sound right now
The poster said he was on his way to diamond creek.  When?   Miki is th best of a terrific
aged group and there is.. As of right now.. No arguing that point.   If he's lame right now I hope my next five purchases are as lame, as fast and as brave

Don't tell me who to question and who not to question. If you want to control who questions you and who doesn't maybe you should get your own blog. Then you can tell everyone what you want them to say and when you want them to say it.

As far as ABM if he were totally sound they would race him on a 1/2 mile track and race him more frequently then they have. They haven't done that.

Mingo

• Elite
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2016, 01:24:05 AM »
   Don't tell me who to question and who not to question. If you want to control who questions you and who doesn't maybe you should get your own blog. Then you can tell everyone what you want them to say and when you want them to say it.

As far as ABM if he were totally sound they would race him on a 1/2 mile track and race him more frequently then they have. They haven't done that.

Half mile track for what kinda money? Why don't you folks stop hating and start appreciating....

MR.DALRAE

• Living Legend
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2016, 02:01:12 AM »
MIKI WILL BREAK THE RECORD ON HAMBO DAY,,,,,,IMO

Pompano Gambler

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2016, 03:17:36 AM »
Half mile track for what kinda money? Why don't you folks stop hating and start appreciating....

200,000 isn't enough??   He chose not to race in the Battle of Lake Erie at Northfield.

Just the facts, dude.

lakeside

• Open / FFA
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2016, 07:49:00 AM »

So, you have just exposed yourself for knowing absolutely nothing about the sport and horses in general.  Soundness does not necessarily dictate what size track a horse races on.  Lmao

Most often it's conformation that decides.  How a horse travels over the track, how he/ she gets around turns.  Do they brush their knees on the turns?  Do they race better with long stretches? All sorts of reasons. .  Some horses just don't handle small tracks. While racing one on a track that doesn't suit them can lead to soundness problems soundness doesn't pre determine what track a horse races on.  There are plenty of sore horses that go to post on all size tracks.  And plenty of sound ones who just aren't made for small tracks and tight turns. It's about conformation.

As far as Miki goes I fully appreciate that takter tries to keep his horse on tracks that suit him.  We'd all do the same.  Saying that he came out of the haughton sore is exactly what is wrong with boards like this and posters in general.  Unless you work with this horse/ own this horse or are his vet, you have no business writing that crap.  And it's crap for sure.  
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 07:54:20 AM by lakeside »

lakeside

• Open / FFA
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2016, 07:51:33 AM »
These eye popping miles can't be continued on week after week, it's too hard on a horse

Not for a horse of this talent.  And he is raced carefully and not every week.  IMO he can and will continue this onslaught all yr.  I can see him getting about another 10-12 starts and winning virtually all of them. This is a very rare and very talented horse.

And to address his soundness issues, I have trained horses.  I worked with a vet for 5 yrs Miki is right now as sound as I've ever seen him.  When he wasn't good he'd throw in extra steps and would slide his back end over in the bike.  He is straight as an arrow and his gait is flawless as of the haughton.   If anyone has information that he came out of the race poorly that is another story.  But I know the guys who own him well.  Iv owned horses with a few of the partners in the past and we talk all the time.  I saw him walk off the track after the race and he was perfectly on all four feet. 
« Last Edit: July 19, 2016, 07:59:13 AM by lakeside »

stone162

« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2016, 09:09:25 AM »
MIKI WILL BREAK THE RECORD ON HAMBO DAY,,,,,,IMO

You do realize that race is a mile and 1/8 just like last week, right?

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    Today at 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    Today at 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    Today at 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal