Author Topic: What does harness racing need---  (Read 4592 times)

Generation XYZ

• Elite
  • HARNESS RACING IS DEAD, CALL THE CORONER!
Re: What does harness racing need---
« Reply #15 on: December 07, 2023, 10:38:22 PM »
Harness racing needs a good purge. Perhaps a sleeve of delcolax and a big colon blow out.
Pay to Play, Play to Win!

Kleinhorse

• NW-1
« Reply #16 on: December 07, 2023, 11:14:47 PM »
In my opinion, the challenge of handicapping and making correct decisions in betting is what makes racing (both harness and tbreds) great.  There is so little emphasis placed on explaining how to handicap, that I can't imagine any young fan "getting" what's so exciting about the sport.  In the old days, Sports Eye did a fantastic job at turning each race into a story.  I think track programs should include much more written, subjective discussions of the races.  There are a million other things, but if you never learn to handicap, you'll never become a real, regular fan.

White Rabbit

• Open / FFA
« Reply #17 on: December 07, 2023, 11:53:14 PM »
Problem is for the entertainment gambling $ it is boring and to long drawn out. Gamblers want fast action and a lot of it quickly. Win or loss they want it fast , so they can get to the next bet

Larry Bird Boy

• Elite
« Reply #18 on: December 08, 2023, 12:16:37 AM »
Problem is for the entertainment gambling $ it is boring and to long drawn out. Gamblers want fast action and a lot of it quickly. Win or loss they want it fast , so they can get to the next bet
Then how about in-race wagering like they have in-game wagering. Allowing the odds to be changed from the start to the 1/4’ from the 1/4 to the 1/2, from the 1/2 to the 3/4’s and that’s it. The window locks at 3/4’s pole. That would give gamblers fast action.
Johnny Johnson fucked up Chicago harness racing. I hope you die !!!!

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #19 on: December 08, 2023, 05:50:02 AM »
You can't get much faster than Quarter Horse racing, a few 440 yards in 20 seconds. Some races shorter and faster. Yet, they are regional in population.

CMJAnew

• Top Claimer
« Reply #20 on: December 08, 2023, 06:11:49 AM »

Like a three or four game parlay that takes the entire weekend to win or lose?
Reread It

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #21 on: December 08, 2023, 07:29:08 AM »
2 things the younger set dont like.  Time between races and 1/2 mile, line them up and sit racing.

7minuteAbz

• Top Claimer
« Reply #22 on: December 08, 2023, 07:42:31 AM »
I guess you missed the Saratoga women:

Melissa Beckwith
Lisa Z.
Megan Reynolds
Jackie Greene
Amanda Kelly

I was referring to the bettors (patrons).

Linda Toscano

Can others please add some names?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2023, 07:44:12 AM by 7minuteAbz »

old guy

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #23 on: December 08, 2023, 08:28:33 AM »

Jackie Ingrassia
Casie Coleman
Susie Kerwood
Brandy Wine

caddy

• Stakes Horse
  • vienerschnitzel
« Reply #24 on: December 08, 2023, 01:07:04 PM »

ENTERTAINMENT  -  look at any other big-time sports.  It's non-stop action .... between innings, at halftime, my glory - there's plenty going on.  It's time to resurrect the old boxing round cards.  Trax could have beautiful bathing suit gals walk along holding a race # placard to show what race is coming up.  WAIT?  can you even say that out loud in this day and age?

Actually, same cultural cluster reason that a track can't have a LADIES NITE promotion.

seriously

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #25 on: December 08, 2023, 01:15:50 PM »
Let’s see the people in harness racing have punched the betting fans in the face like one thousand times. Now you want to know what will bring these fans back to trust the sport that earns no trust? That ship has left the port.

The original post completely missed the answer.  They didn't even include it.

Owners?  Fans?   that is all they posited.

This person's response was well on the way to the answer. 

NEW PARTICIPANTS.

Mailbox Money

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2023, 01:56:18 PM »
I've seen 2 pages of ideas that have a few gr8 points. Without any implementation there's no way to sort out the good from the bad. The one thing I am positive about is that unless the changes are made,nothing will improve!! How can we get a few of these things implemented ? Who can or will get the ball rolling towards a revamped product?????

dinkadoo

• Elite
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2023, 02:00:23 PM »
Bring a new person to the track

race 1, no movement, boring race.

wait 25 minutes

race 2, no movement, boring race

Now unless the new person has a mental deficiency, they will know within two races, that if they are not near the front, they will probably lose.

** Now the kicker **

can you get them to stick around for race 3     tmbz1

Bitter Truth

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2023, 02:00:35 PM »
 As long as the slot $$ keeps flowing, no one will do anything. Happy with status quo, and by the time it's taken away[and it will be] it'll be too late.

IL guy is retired

• Stakes Horse
  • horses make the humans not the other way around
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2023, 11:46:33 AM »
The racing industry does a horrendous job of educating its potential audience of the what and how that goes into making the races. As a person who spent most of their adult life in the business, nothing was more aggravating than hearing a novice patron say "all these races are fixed". Product placement wouldnt hurt anything either that isnt about juicing or "fixed". Billions had a story line about Axe being someone who loved the "trotters"....yeah, that worked our well.
 Another thing without question is the HISA bs coming. This will only make things worse. I was never a "Juice guy: when training my own but I used whatever I could under the rules. Well, guess what, HISA will make that gap even larger. Remember what "Tiger proofing" the golf courses was meant to do? It only gave him more advantage.
I wont even bring up the intertrack split issue that is truly THE paramount problem. Im sure many of the games greats will continue to essentially force out the little guys. There's just no way to compete. Just my 2 cents.

Horses make the humans, not the other way around.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: Noxema gives me a soothing rush
    Today at 01:08:57 PM
  • SwankToliverA: Wouldn't know, never had a need for it
    Today at 12:12:11 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes it still offers that same cool sensation.
    Today at 09:49:40 AM
  • SwankToliverA: Rooster- ppl still use Noxzema?
    May 11, 2024, 03:34:17 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Nothing a cold hand an Noxema can't cure.
    May 09, 2024, 09:11:36 PM
  • Indian24: Damn those sound just like sun blisters my bad good thing
    May 07, 2024, 03:59:33 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: They keep popping and my backs getting wet.
    May 07, 2024, 09:38:10 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Oh the agony of these little pustules
    May 07, 2024, 09:09:09 AM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal