Author Topic: Saratoga race 9  (Read 1492 times)

Foalin at 4

• Top Claimer
Saratoga race 9
« on: September 03, 2023, 09:57:51 PM »
Devaux makes a break middle of last turn, goes off the track and cuts cross lots to finish 2nd. The judges leave him up for 2nd, first time ever seen a horse go 100 yards less than everyone else. PS: I had no dog in this fight.

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
Re: Saratoga race 9
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2023, 10:31:37 PM »
stunning replay to come. as stretch drive decision clearly 'a stretch'

BUT MY BEEF NOT WITH 2: ON THE FINAL TURN, 8 CAME IN ON 'STEPPY BUT STILL COMPETIITVE' 2, ULTIMATELY BREAKING 2 WHO THEN DID EXACTLY WHAT HE HAS TO DO, SAFETY LANE 'TRAVEL' TO RE-GATHER AND REJOIN STRETCH LANE.
BUT IM MORE SHOCKED,,I MEAN SHOCKED HOW 6 COULD EVER BE PLACED AHEAD OF 8...LET ALONE THE 46.00 WIN!!!! 8's foul or non foul on 2 had nothing to do with 6.

judges took few mins or so to declare finish the 13,000 Learn and Earn pace final.

a stunning final placement as judges final decision had 6 jumping over two separate violators...a) 8 ran into 2 and b) 2 took 'too long' to get back on track. really??

gotta be either

NEVER, NEVER the result 6287 or potentially worse 6728   wwhat the heck goes on in that judges stand.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2023, 10:59:38 PM by Jctoronto »

gogasgoboom

• Top Claimer
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2023, 10:38:33 PM »
Devaux makes a break middle of last turn, goes off the track and cuts cross lots to finish 2nd. The judges leave him up for 2nd, first time ever seen a horse go 100 yards less than everyone else. PS: I had no dog in this fight.

Western Fair had one worse than that years ago for a win.

Horseradish

• 4 claimer
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2023, 10:44:59 PM »
Watched the race live and the subsequent snips of the "interference". On perhaps the worst quality CCTV track video in 2023 I didn't actually see where Dusty Miller cut into Devo (though I guess it could have happened). Devo's horse was also throwing in steps up the backside. Knew the little guy would be given no benefit of the doubt. If the drivers of those horses were reversed Devo wouldn't have come down.

As for the 6 being placed first, wow...Would love to see a judge's write up on that logic.

BoKnows

• Top Claimer
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2023, 01:15:26 AM »
Miller"s horse ran in and hooked wheels with Devaux, it was clear when they showed the split screen with the 4 different views. Devaux's horse subsequently ran inside of a minimum of 3 pylons and clearly made up ground in the process, even though not his fault. I can't understand how he does not get placed last for the pylon violation and then Miller placed behind him for the interference. Maybe I am partial because I did have a horse in that race and was convinced my horse would move up 2 places once they sorted things out but that clearly didn't happen. Need to find out what the judges were thinking.

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2023, 03:23:58 AM »
One of the worst parts of betting harness is the inconsistent pylon rulings from track to track, judge to judge. There is not one rule covering pylon infractions anywhere. The infraction by Deveaux last not was about as bad as it gets. The horse didn’t seem to lose any ground while breaking then dancing about out of bounds. An awful ruling by the judges.

rock old school

• 4 claimer
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2023, 04:53:45 AM »
When you really look at it was a double dq. for the 6 to go for win amazing.
I had the 2 he should have come down they didn't hook wheels 2 hit front of this tire into back of 8 tire straight on off the turn ahhh doesn't matter anyway...

These tracks make up this shit every night. Horse breaks down the lane they leave them up--they go inside pylons they leave them up-- horses go into the infield they leave them up. I understand accident and other crap like that they have no choice back in the day anything like that bang dq dead last.

Woodbine a few weeks ago, 3 horse break away out there by 15 lengths down the lane a horse broke ran almost 10-12 lengths that the horses that 4th 5th almost caught him they left him up everyone at otb was like he coming down nope they left him for 3rd.

Locked in with pace

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2023, 06:27:30 AM »
with the video stream that Stg has, how can anyone question the call?  Who knows what really happened up close? FAIR RACING IN OTHER STATES HAS A BETTER VIDEO STREAM. CMON. get with the times

Parked

• Elite
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2023, 06:54:23 AM »
When a horse interferes with another it should always be placed behind the horse it interfered with. In this case it then goes to the interfered with horse . That horse went off stride and now must comply with the rules of a breaking horse . So the question here is not so much if the horse is off course but was he brought back on gait.
A judge can’t assume what would have happened if there had been no interference. 

Jctoronto

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2023, 07:16:28 AM »
WHEN THIRD BECOMES FIRST.

yikes.

I cant post replay but I had a small vested interest in this one:

Saratoga Harness, Race 9, $0.20 SFC 2,4 / 1,3,4,6,8 / 1,2,4,6,8 / 7

no big woop but,
5.80 keying Cushing fourth
2867 would have worked.

..next

trottingstud

• Open / FFA
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2023, 08:15:43 AM »
On the simulcast broadcast their explanation was there was interference from the 8 against the 2. That forced the judges to place the 2 ahead of the 8. Then they felt the 2 was forced to the inside of the pylons from the interference. They said the only other horse who was affected by this was the 6 so he was placed in front of the 2 who didn't follow the breaking rule. All the other horses were too far back. None of this is my opinion just what they said. If you look at the chart you can see the double placement of the top 2 horses. And I did have a rooting interest as the 8-6 exacta was paying $100 and I had it 5 times.

Foalin at 4

• Top Claimer
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2023, 09:44:01 AM »
I guess what I couldn't believe was that the 2 went offstride and went 20 ft inside the pylons around the last turn going alot less distance and was left up for 2nd. My wife was watching races with me said '' he was avoiding a accident''. He was the accident. IMHO the correct finish should have been 6741 , the 8 placed last , the 2 placed next to last. OR they could have said 8674 just dq the 2 for leaving the course 

theokodjak26

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2023, 10:05:46 PM »
Harness and T-breeds are both breaking boxing’s big rule. Do whatever you can so the decision doesn’t land in the judges hands.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Frank the Zipper: it comes in handy
    May 16, 2024, 02:49:07 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: No do explain...
    May 16, 2024, 11:48:54 AM
  • Frank the Zipper: Have you tried Whackenal in the handy 16 ozcan?
    May 16, 2024, 08:36:36 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Still say Noxema is the best for tug time.
    May 15, 2024, 07:13:14 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: I like how it feels between my toes and ass cheeks. way better than desenex, or prep H
    May 15, 2024, 05:04:31 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Never tried it for that purpose. Will give it a try!
    May 15, 2024, 05:00:44 PM
  • Frank the Zipper: Vicks Vapor Rub is a great slipping cream
    May 14, 2024, 05:43:11 PM
  • The Thorn: Damn, You'all sound like a bunch of pussies.  Go smell some flowers and report back
    May 14, 2024, 12:41:19 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal