Author Topic: THE STABLE @ CA  (Read 366250 times)

Dingus

Re: THE STABLE @ CA
« Reply #765 on: August 27, 2020, 09:17:33 AM »
Vet bills should come from vets

Traing bills come from trainers

Every trainer I ever dealt with did it this way

You have a vet question. Call the vet you have a monthly
Breakdown 
If your dumb enuff to have to have your trainer combine both
And have him tell you he can’t be questioned for a breakdown

Then Shame on you as an owner

Your a fucking PIGEON

enjoy the ASS FCKIN

JUST BY NUFF

KAY Y JELLY
IT WONT HURT AS HARD

Just an observation from my experience with VIP stable several years ago:
Their statements had vet work listed that was done by the trainer and separate charges by vets listed as single line items.
If I wanted details, I had to ask for them, and then I would get a copy of the actual vet bill from the vet.
So, if you don’t ask, you won’t get.

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #766 on: August 27, 2020, 09:20:07 AM »
Just an observation from my experience with VIP stable several years ago:
Their statements had vet work listed that was done by the trainer and separate charges by vets listed as single line items.
If I wanted details, I had to ask for them, and then I would get a copy of the actual vet bill from the vet.
So, if you don’t ask, you won’t get.

egg zactly tmbz1 tmbz1

not givin details of a vet by a trainer cant be a good thing

hiding something?
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #767 on: August 27, 2020, 10:59:01 AM »
I think the real scam now is the use of other trainers, charge 75.00 per day and pay other trainer 50.00 per day. Or what ever $ figures they agree on. Great scam, Gillock and Parker do it to Bob Key all the time at the Meadows. I don´t know the exact $ they charge or pay the other trainer, but it is $ in there pocket. AM is a scam artist, what is his % of getting yearlings to races, % of horses that break even or profit. How many come back as 3yr olds and make money. What I see is a total scam.His marketing and facebook posts are slick and well rehearsed. Remember MOST con artists are good at this. Look at Trump

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #768 on: August 27, 2020, 11:52:19 AM »
Iceman, Who picks up the cost of Kelly Spencer, I would think the proper way would be AM pick up the cost as it really has no benefit to the actual shareholders. When this scam does burst into flames, it is another black mark on harness racing. If a forensic accountant ever got the books I am sure it would not be that hard for them to cut through all the BS. It still amazes me how no one in our sport will call it what it is. Since his scam started, how many horses have been purchased, how many have broken even let alone make a profit.
1. Cost of horse
2. Costs associated with each horse, training bill, shipping, vet etc all costs
3. Money made with horse, purses or sale price

Basic bookkeeping. It looks to the outsider that there is no way anyone other than AMand staff are really making any $. Fuck entertainment value is it ain´t paying it´s way.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #769 on: August 27, 2020, 12:42:41 PM »
. If a forensic accountant ever got the books I am sure it would not be that hard for them to cut through all the BS.

It looks to the outsider that there is no way anyone other than AMand staff are really making any $.
I know a bit about forensic accounting.

Why would it be surprising to learn that likely only the trainer makes money on any single random horse?

Don't you know this already?

Why are you sobbing so hard about this?

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #770 on: August 27, 2020, 01:23:43 PM »
I know a bit about business which most on here  clearly do not
 Kelly spencer would be a business expense, plain and simple, the same as the accountant is
now you can debate her value/importance  but that is not for owners to decide, if the CEO(amac) sees benefit than so be it
if people strongly disagree with that aspect or others  of the stable dont invest, very simple

jupiter

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #771 on: August 27, 2020, 01:42:15 PM »
Calhoun : I am not sobbing at all. At one time this was not a completely screwed up sport, we had owners, trainers and drivers who actually did cared about the optics. Maybe not all on the up and up, but at least stayed under the radar. Do you think AM is on the up and up.

Brown jug, I do understand how business works, I know how to classify expenses. I have also seen too many scams and it never works out for racing in general. My problem is they are fleecing people and sooner or later they will figure it out, who will have the black eye. You can only shoot your self in the foot so many times.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #772 on: August 27, 2020, 02:31:33 PM »
jupiter, you are right it might end badly, but lets be honest horse racing in general has had a black eye almost from day one, the shadiness that goes on in every aspect and level of the game is truly and now being proven to be criminal
there are very few fools like us who would waste their time and money in this game
amac if in this group ( and why wouldn't he be to some extent ) is not the first and wont be the last
the difference is he puts it out there and with todays social media everyone can see and comment on it

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #773 on: August 27, 2020, 04:44:34 PM »
There is one dynamic you just can't spin. Buying $10K -$20K yearlings will lead you to 20 years or better data, outlining the % of 2 year olds that made money or paid their way. That % does not change based upon how the ownership is made up.
The overwhelming majority of these horses are a financial loss to their owners.
 Anthony just found a way to profit from it.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #774 on: August 27, 2020, 04:45:03 PM »
Calhoun : I am not sobbing at all. At one time this was not a completely screwed up sport, we had owners, trainers and drivers who actually did cared about the optics. Maybe not all on the up and up, but at least stayed under the radar. Do you think AM is on the up and up.

The optics have ALWAYS been bad.  But the industry supported itself.  Now, 95 %of owners and trainers cry about purse and subsidy cuts, all the while being fully ignorant of the laws an agreements that fund their careers an provide for their families.

MacDonald packaged a nice product that people liked.  It's awful now because his horses are bad and people don't get to go and pet their 1% of a horse.

It's a great idea and, even today, $220 buys you  a share of Authentic, who just won the Haskell and should run in the Derby in a week.

The valuation on him is ridiculous but people love the experience.  Partnerships are thriving in NY as well. 

To each his own but it's hilarious to see people drone on for months about other people's money.

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #775 on: August 27, 2020, 06:01:24 PM »
Anthony was or was going broke
How long have you been counting his money?

How would you know?

And why do you use weasel wording like "was or was going" broke?

Calhoun

• Elite
« Reply #776 on: August 27, 2020, 06:42:01 PM »
He was prior to The Stable a mediocre horseman who was broke and he had screwed a few guys who gave him a chance and then The Stable and he and only he seems to be doing ok.
He strted The Stable in 2015. 

His 5% as a DRIVER before AND during AND after that year:

2013 .. $195,000
2014 .. $180,000
2015 .. $215,000
2016 .. $290,000
2017 .. $267,000

When was he broke?

Who did he screw?

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #777 on: August 27, 2020, 07:19:34 PM »
exporter you are right , buying cheap yearlings rarely pays off
having said that buying expensive yearlings is also no guarantee
we all know it is a crap shoot to some extent
as for amac, i would suggest he is an entrepreneur, he created something some people( not everyone ) wanted to buy
when people no longer want what he is selling he will go out of business or have to adjust and adapt, just like any business

Brkn Headpole

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #778 on: August 27, 2020, 08:25:17 PM »
Why isn't he transparent on the actual selling price when they do sell/buy a horse privately?  Lawmaker hmmmm how much did he pocket?

Why did he buy a nickel claimer from his uncle and divvy it out at  22k; pocket 2k and rest went to uncle. Huge conflict of interest, also arises the principal-agency problem in this case multiple principals.

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #779 on: August 27, 2020, 09:06:11 PM »
good points
some could see through that purchase from his uncle and went no where near it , but should never have happened

as for lawmaker or similar deals if as an owner you are happy with the price you receive than so be it, most deals are done with a agent or broker or sold at auction ( commission) so not a big issue as long as it is fair  for all

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • dougie: Why can't people just talk harness racing instead of politics?
    Today at 12:11:21 AM
  • Michael Petrelli: You said that last year
    April 15, 2024, 10:18:26 PM
  • Calhoun: Someone offered 10/1 odds on SCM killing himself before the year ends. I bet $5 to win $50.
    April 15, 2024, 10:06:59 PM
  • Michael Petrelli: GOLF CART MIKE ASSHOLE!  73cv.2
    April 15, 2024, 09:40:56 PM
  • Calhoun: Shopping Cart Mike will provide you with counseling and life coaching. Takes PayPal, Venmo, credit, cards, debit card and peanuts in the shell as payment
    April 15, 2024, 09:27:34 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Counselling for what honesty? Dude get counseling for living in Delaware. Thats got to be some sort of mental illness.
    April 15, 2024, 08:12:03 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Jesus dude. You need counselling
    April 14, 2024, 04:50:48 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Bitter Truth is a Pillow Biter
    April 13, 2024, 09:54:57 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal