Author Topic: THE STABLE @ CA  (Read 364359 times)

Fatboy

• Living Legend
Re: THE STABLE @ CA
« Reply #210 on: June 02, 2020, 09:58:21 PM »
its been 600 over all the years

and if you want me to shuit up stop defending it

We knew you were adding them up.  Was tryna help son...... tmbz1

Swandre

• Top Claimer
« Reply #211 on: June 02, 2020, 11:53:38 PM »
It’s been in the 250 range since it started, probably less.

not 500
not 600

it’s been going for 5 years

The first 2 years were 20 each = 40
the third year was 40... stay with me. Now we’re at 80

the last 2 years were around 60 each

I know your phone has a calculator and I know it doesn’t say 500 or 600

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #212 on: June 03, 2020, 12:17:04 AM »
Anthony has been straight up from the get go. A way for people to get involved in a sport. I don't recall him pitching it as a profit venture.
 Like anything else in business,  it is market driven. Anyone who buys in does so with full disclosure. 

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #213 on: June 03, 2020, 04:12:23 AM »
It’s been in the 250 range since it started, probably less.

not 500
not 600

it’s been going for 5 years

The first 2 years were 20 each = 40
the third year was 40... stay with me. Now we’re at 80

the last 2 years were around 60 each

I know your phone has a calculator and I know it doesn’t say 500 or 600

You are so full of shit.

Ill bet you 10k dollars it was more than 40 each of the last 2 years.

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #214 on: June 03, 2020, 04:14:15 AM »
Anthony has been straight up from the get go. A way for people to get involved in a sport. I don't recall him pitching it as a profit venture.
 Like anything else in business,  it is market driven. Anyone who buys in does so with full disclosure.

Hes not straight up.
Just because he says dont do this for profit  dies not mean he is straight up.
His bills are still higher than he says they will be, and he overprommises a hirses ability wayyyyy more then most trainers, and thats saying something

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #215 on: June 03, 2020, 08:54:14 AM »
Well Purple , you have the direct experience so, I respect your opinion. It would stand to reason a person such as yourself, a person with years of sole ownership of horses, thestable.ca is not for you. Then again , it was never directed at you. It was always more of a marketing scheme to attract the fan into ownership at low risk. A way for breeders to off load their stock that did not sell at auction. It is probably the least likely way to a champion and profits.
 Good luck in this abbreviated season.

wiggles44

• Stakes Horse
« Reply #216 on: June 03, 2020, 09:46:14 AM »
Well Purple , you have the direct experience so, I respect your opinion. It would stand to reason a person such as yourself, a person with years of sole ownership of horses, thestable.ca is not for you. Then again , it was never directed at you. It was always more of a marketing scheme to attract the fan into ownership at low risk. A way for breeders to off load their stock that did not sell at auction. It is probably the least likely way to a champion and profits.

Does he still owe the yearling sales money from last fall?
Or just the breeders?
Or both?

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #217 on: June 03, 2020, 09:58:04 AM »
im mad at Anthony
 im mad at Anthony
im mad at Anthony

he kicked me out
he kicked me out

he kicked me out

I will never stop stalkin his stable

I will never stop stalking his stable

ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3 ngc3
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

PurpleSheetPicks

• Elite
« Reply #218 on: June 03, 2020, 10:02:57 AM »

you make a good point, its not for me
and i only got into it because i dont do yearlings on my own,
but being mislead is being mislead and i dont appreciate that in business or elsewhere..
and thank you for the kind words. qualifiying today. racing friday and saturday!!!!!

LUCPARK

• Living Legend
  • HES A GOOD GUY ,FAMILY MAN AND A CHRISTIAN
« Reply #219 on: June 03, 2020, 10:22:18 AM »
you were not mislead

u thought u had something that u didn't

and when horse didn't progress

u bitched and complained

and cried u got mislead and cheated

thew baby game may not be for you joshie

stick to claimers at freehold

oops that's not for  you either

you complain when u get beat there too tmbz1 tmbz1

I know I know  you gonna shoulder me .

truth hurts doesn't it joshie
 ..baby game is hard

I know ive lost million in it my self

pls let me know if I can help you feel better

stick to cheap horse and make a profit  ngc3

that's what best for you at this point joshie
« Last Edit: June 03, 2020, 10:25:13 AM by LUCPARK »
REAL AMERICANS DONT TAKE A KNEE

Brown jug

• Elite
« Reply #220 on: June 03, 2020, 11:27:27 AM »
exporter you are correct in how and why the stable was set up
as with any sport/entertainmnet venture  the people will stop if they dont feel they get value for their entertainment dollars
same goes for sports teams, what happens when teams stink for a number of years in a row,  fans stop going,
this is similar, you need a few horse to step up and make some money
people will pay for the entertainmnet for a while but if they are in on a few horses and  they dont race competitvely than there is not much fun in that
thats the only way for any business like this to retain customers, there just is not enough new people now wanting to step into this , hence the reason so many shares of yearlings went unsold

horses first

• Elite
« Reply #221 on: June 03, 2020, 12:19:49 PM »
Brown Jug correct and Exporter yes your right. As Brown Jug explains if your going to sell entertainment you still need a business plan to keep and attract new clients. Knowing your base and how much your base is willing to add year after year. If the theory is I can't buy the 40-50k horses and focus on the 15-20k to find the ones that fall through the crack. Your spending say 1.0mln on 50 horses let's say those  shares get bought. What's the difference buying 20 horses at 50k. It's the same outflow just higher price per share. What the business plan won't say in public it benefits short term having 50 training bills a month then 20. Also means less chance % of the 20 picked out won't hit vs having 50
..even if less quality. What's the difference telling a owner you won a SS race or the lower stake in different jurisdiction. It's still sold as a stake win? Your buying yearlings and there is no guarantee at what price level your going to succeed at but if your buying 50k yearlings by the end of its 2 yr old season that said horse needs to make 100k or close to break even. If you bought one for 15k with less expectations and less staking maybe breakeven is 40k? While selling entertainment you still need to meet some type of bottom lines and there average on bottom lines not good. That's what hurts the theory of entertainment...h ow many times will you see a bad movie? Also not one businessman would allow 2,000 shares sit out in the open through April. 1,300 sit open June 1. While all those shares may not be the stable no one in this business would let the client get 7 or 8 months to decide if the product is good or bad. They are animals and at most times they will look ordinary or bad. It's a bad precedent and I'm sure things will be different come the fall when it's time to buy again. To much exposure.

Whether one thinks the stable is good or bad getting people into the sport is good. But I think what lies in question is the type of horses that get bought when the owner/buyer says in open he knows nothing about pedigree. Reads the black type off the page for two or three generations like it will transfer into the current horse. There are few right answers buying yearlings because you can't really know if the horse has heart to be a racehorse.

If one wanted to get people into the game why not claim horses, pay for a young horse in the conditions, or buy yearlings after a qualifier, race or 2. Something already made and not hope and prayers. A longer process but shows more profit and makes more sense then having over 100 training bills on marginally horses that will never make its cost. Otherwise it's flawed from keeping owners and attracting new owners. After two poor years new owners will say enough or buy way less. The other flaw is you can only sell shares to get out to other clients. Usually a dump job while the horse doesn't hit a sale unless the stable directs it there. Anyone in the yearling game knows it takes money and it's a losing proposition that maybe on average 12-14% make money as a whole.

The Exporter

• Elite
« Reply #222 on: June 03, 2020, 06:46:49 PM »
In summary, Horses First, I share your bottom line. The song that got them to the dance will not be the one that keeps them there. The plan going forward will need tweaking.     
 Once again, I applaud him on his inital efforts and platform he created.
 If Anthony was to have a equity share in each partnership, something paying cash for 25% and thestable.com funding the 75% at the same value as his 25%. He needs credibility and skin in the game to further this business.

Swandre

• Top Claimer
« Reply #223 on: June 03, 2020, 10:13:24 PM »

You are so full of shit.

Ill bet you 10k dollars it was more than 40 each of the last 2 years.

I said the last 2 years were around 60 each

SIXTY EACH YEAR ROUGHLY

should I start using Roman numerals?

Fatboy

• Living Legend
« Reply #224 on: June 03, 2020, 10:16:07 PM »
I said the last 2 years were around 60 each

SIXTY EACH YEAR ROUGHLY

should I start using Roman numerals?

Don't use Roman numerals.  You will lose the guy.

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Kirby's Ace: Why? Your already here!
    Today at 12:20:48 AM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Admin Bring back XYZ.
    March 28, 2024, 10:02:39 PM
  • ROOSTER COGBURN: Yes XYZ you are missed
    March 28, 2024, 09:56:46 PM
  • Mazola: Hey XYZ, miss you buddy!
    March 28, 2024, 08:18:55 PM
  • FirstUpFrom8Hole: Do Piff Daddy know Antiqua has an extradition treaty wif the US of A?
    March 28, 2024, 06:39:42 PM
  • Calhoun: Some White Boy Diddy gave a ride to got popped for Coke and Edibles.
    March 28, 2024, 03:24:42 PM
  • Papillon: TMZ tracked Puff Daddy in Antigua, the West Indies. I don't think he is coming back.
    March 28, 2024, 12:49:49 PM
  • The Thorn: Alligning oneself with the Puff Diddler is probably not a politically correct move at this point
    March 28, 2024, 12:36:34 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal