Author Topic: SOANY and MGM Yonkers announce contract agreement  (Read 14063 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

seen2much

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 3000

blue skies

  • NW-1
  • *
  • Posts: 44
Re: SOANY and MGM Yonkers announce contract agreement
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2025, 04:40:58 PM »
Joe Faraldo was also heard mumbling under his breath "let's see what that do nothing loser has to say about the millions I've secured for our horsemen and women." So the business moves on....without SCM.  A good lesson here. People that have absolutely NO IDEA what's really going on need to be ignored and accepted for what they are.....nothing. Yonkers horsemen and owners have secured another 3 seasons and Saratoga will be announcing a contract with their horseman as early as Monday. Keep the faith and never get sidetracked by somebody who knows nothing.

Ignorance Is Bliss

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 7654
Re: SOANY and MGM Yonkers announce contract agreement
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2025, 12:00:58 AM »
I guess SCM was wrong about MGM having had enough with racing.

They still want the VLTs ringing during construction should they get the casino license? Then the HAVE to race. Faraldo wanted seven years and got three more years of welfare. If they don't get a license they don't stand a chance against three casinos down the street. Buying time on everyone else's dime. That should be the harness racing motto.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2781
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: SOANY and MGM Yonkers announce contract agreement
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2025, 10:56:25 AM »
I guess SCM was wrong about MGM having had enough with racing.

I think they have. Don't get me wrong, I am not agreeing with SCM, but I think they signed an agreement because as of today racing is their necessary evil. I would be very surprised if they signed an agreement that absolutely and unconditionally forced them to have racing through 2028. My thinking is-----they get a "casino" license for Yonkers, they are no longer a "racino" and they no longer have the requirement to have live racing. Maybe it's not that simple, but I can't help but think MGM will have an out if they get a "casino" license for that property.

Grandstand Handicapper

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2781
  • Which wolf wins? The one you feed.
Re: SOANY and MGM Yonkers announce contract agreement
« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2025, 10:59:21 AM »
And that is were the challenge lies. Getting it on a ballot is done with political power. Bought and paid for with lobbying money. On the ballot, the power is back to the people. The same spot that out voted this a few years ago by a 5:1 margin. What makes anyone think this huge difference in public opinion will flip this time?

No argument here. I agree. The only difference is that in the past, every referendum was posed as "would you approve" casinos outside AC. The answer will always be no. I think the biggest number for yes was about 25% or 30%. I don't remember.

This referendum language is very specific and very different. It is "would you approve" specifically at the Meadowlands and Monmouth Park.

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • darnoldrocks: Tigger, you are the bullshit !!!
    October 02, 2026, 11:22:22 PM
  • Trigger: tmbz1 Belmont, Keeneland, Woodbine & Red Mile, Dayton, Mohawk and other tracks, big names, big races...TOMORROW!  Can you dig it suckas! Give the bullshit a breather, if you're smart, I'm gonna!  tmbz1
    October 02, 2026, 11:02:03 PM
  • Trigger: Didn't look at the form I deserve that!
    October 02, 2026, 09:55:11 PM
  • Trigger: Hoosier late prick 4 swiss cheese / OOMM / all / all ?
    October 02, 2026, 09:36:32 PM
  • Trigger: You feel that calm wiggles, that's the fear of you and your friends.  You never posted anonymously on the group page, everyone has been smoked.  Worse shit to come if they keep raising their hand  ngc3
    October 02, 2026, 09:21:56 PM
  • wiggles44: Calm down Mike :)
    October 02, 2026, 09:11:28 PM
  • Trigger: You're talking to an army at plop that see y'all as bitches  8)
    October 02, 2026, 08:59:27 PM
  • Trigger: Got to outsmart your no show girl Calhoun the coward by simply asking for his food server's name, so working fucking awesome  ngc3
    October 02, 2026, 08:58:33 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal