Author Topic: 2026 Crown to Scioto Downs  (Read 12250 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

arniesarmy

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1052
Re: 2026 Crown to Scioto Downs
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2025, 12:33:41 AM »
Do I remember a track years ago that ran a straight one-mile race?

Meadow Ford

  • Stakes Horse
  • *****
  • Posts: 1064
Re: 2026 Crown to Scioto Downs
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2025, 08:09:16 AM »
Do I remember a track years ago that ran a straight one-mile race?
Racing on the ice on Lake Geneva WI. a hundred years ago or so.
I am just an old horse trainer still going around in circles. Sometimes Fast. Sometimes Half-Fast.

Stan durbread

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2274
Re: 2026 Crown to Scioto Downs
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2025, 08:22:26 AM »
Do I remember a track years ago that ran a straight one-mile race?
The closest thing I can remember to this was when they had BC at Colonial. I think it was 2 yr old pacers. They went some crazy miles on that 1 turn track

Bitter Truth

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2620
Re: 2026 Crown to Scioto Downs
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2025, 12:01:21 PM »
It 'WAS' Colonial in Virginia..One turn mile. Muscles Yankee won his Breeder's Crown there. tmbz1

Papillon

  • Elite
  • ******
  • Posts: 2609
Re: 2026 Crown to Scioto Downs
« Reply #34 on: February 27, 2025, 12:32:30 PM »
I am somewhat surprised harness racing wasn't continued at Colonial

considering how concerned most owners/breeders are about  the clock.... obsessed with staring at final times and final quarters, one would think the harness breeders/owners would have pursued racing there every year

 

shout out

Refresh History
  • Sound off !
  • Trigger: At Plop U. my alma mater, the motto is - Flush Your Life Away...II feel I've successfully lived up to it as well as keep up with my student loan interest payments to Rocky directly..shere does that $$$$ go  ngc3
    Today at 08:37:45 AM
  • JL52: JL52
    Today at 08:21:00 AM
  • Trigger: When Plop Admin kills a nigga he stays dead...in Tennessee, Krista Pike was give a lethal injection, then another, which didn't get here dead but snore loudly.  Talk about incompetant cunts...in other news there our beloved Dolly Parton remains deceased.  Guess if you wanna kill someone righy there ask an old woman  ngc3
    Today at 08:01:28 AM
  • wiggles44: Get some rest Mike.  Busy day doing nothing today.   :)
    Today at 07:42:38 AM
  • Trigger: You must receive a prize after saying "dick pic" in this forum 20 times today  ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:18:23 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: And put your pecker away you pervert
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:36 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: ngc3
    September 30, 2026, 11:16:12 PM
  • Kirby's Ace: Repeat 10 times and say 5 hail Mary's. Kirbys Ace, Kirbys Ace Kirbys Ace,Kirbys Ace and the last one Kirby's Ace!
    September 30, 2026, 11:15:36 PM
SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2026, SimplePortal